This for those that cry about space and prices increase

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
King O' Fools
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: This for those that cry about space and prices increase

Post by King O' Fools » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:48 am

VMF115 wrote:IMHO

Stop it your killing this hobby, all this whining about I don’t have space and small price increase are making the companies that make our beloved 1:18 stuff scared in making the the bigger aircraft. soon all we will have to look foreword to are repaints and more repaints along with a few new liveries from time to time.

If you don’t have room sell some off or put them in storage, as for the price increases, if we want better, bigger ,detailed aircraft, the prices need to come up a bit. Lets not forget about the effect that fuel has on this hobby.

:cry:
Not looking to offend anyone. 8)
You raise an interesting issue here. I for one would be willing to pay more for more detailed models w/o paint flaws and will be refurbishing my place shortly in order to accommodate my expanding collection of 1:18 AC. In fact, I was planning on buying the Atlantic and Bunker Hill Avengers (till someone at SmallJoes.com decided to insert a nice thick stick into my wheels, that is). I'll eventually get the Bush Avengerif it ever comes out.

That being said, I also like the idea of having a few repaints coming our way... Question is when will 21st release their next Checkertail? Maybe à la Pappy Boyington's special edition? I mean, whose floor do I have to scrub to get me one?

PS: It’s finally happened, folks. I’m now the proud owner of a gorgeous 1:18 RAF Spitfire (the 118th Squadron version) and the only thing I can say is this: sex is vastly overrated. The NKK Spitfire is a real beauty to behold. I'm glad I followed your advice guys and started down the path of this hobby.

It arrived in the same shipment with a P-47 razorback. Alas, it was the Donnie Boy, which is the only one I could find in the olive drab/medium gray scheme. Also got me a couple of Thunderbolt bubbletops, a Mustang and a Warhawk. So I guess I’ll catch up with you people one of these years...

USCGSARdog
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by USCGSARdog » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:39 pm

CW4USARMY wrote:Sabrefan and Fiero Dude, I like the way you guys think. I'm with ya. :wink:
I 100% agree.

Its high time the sniveling stops and we worry about more important things. Like what excuse we are going to throw out to the wife when that next Badcat box shows up on the porch, or what to tell her when she asks, "Where did you get the money for this one???" (She obviously doesn't know about my secret stash. )

-Rob

CW4USARMY
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by CW4USARMY » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:16 pm

LOL!!! :wink:

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:57 pm

When we bought our new place this summer Xd was actually a big concern to me---I now have half of the basement to play in :lol: :twisted:
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

V2 MAN
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by V2 MAN » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:32 pm

Coreyeagle48 wrote:Good comments MM. Very good comments.

The difference between Hasbro and 21st and the gang is that Hasbro has the fortune of owning the movie rights to those figures. Star Wars is just such a part of American culture that if you put Star Wars on it, someone will buy it. It is the same as Disney. It seems anything related to Disney or has Disney's name on it will sell in the store. I think between Disney and Star Wars, that was half of my students lunchboxes last year:)

With our hobby, there is still a limited market, meaning, only certain people do buy it. People who are history buffs, aviation buffs or like miltary items are buying these items. Then we have people who are buying these items as a gift for these people as well. I think very few children are running into Walmart to find an F-86 and say they want to take it home. They are busy looking at Hot Wheels cars. And why do Hot Wheels cars sell? Because they are still 89 cents, it's a quick impulse buy and parents are more willing to buy that than a $30 airplane, especially for little kids.

I agree Admiral might be in a sensitive situation, and I greatly respect Jason for working so hard to start up his own company like he did. However, despite what the forum may say or do, his company still has to put out product in order to make money and stay in business. It is the only way he will stay in business. I think he has great ambitions to produce some very unique airplanes and he should work hard to follow through with them. He shouldn't worry so much because the Dauntless and Skyraider would be so unique and they would sell. They will not sell though if they aren't available to buy. Simply put, all three of our companies have to have product out to stay in business, and as some have said, it must be desirable product people know and are willing to buy.

I hope all three companies stay in business and continue to offer fantastic WWII replicas of very important airplanes. I haven't bought any in awhile but as soon as I finish my degree and have extra cash, I'll be catching up:)

Corey

Im with corey :wink:
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img4e]http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5694/userbar650558jb9.gif[/img4e][/url]

GOOD TRADE CONTACTS:
Coreyeagle48
migmadmavis
The one and only RAZOR17019
Rowsdower
Grunt1
Holensock
Blasto
tambo