POST ALL PAK 40 HANOMAG FINDS AND DISCUSSION HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:20 pm

chunks wrote:
ChairmanMilo wrote:http://cgi.ebay.ca/Ultimate-Soldier-1-1 ... dZViewItem

This guy is pathetic. I can't respect a guy that's willing to take advantage of consumers that are either unaware of the actual retail value of this thing or that are too impatient to wait for it to arrive in their AAO. Fifty bucks before shipping? C'mon.
Yeah he has it on his home page for $37.95, but not available. At least that gives us an idea of the retail price.
This happens all the time on ebay. Personally speaking when I got ebay fever for toys I had the feeling that this item was the only one and I had to get it NOW! Wiser ebayers said to me wait you'll see one next week at half the price and it's true.

I sure there are a lot of people in the same buying fever...

DH

pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by pickelhaube » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:39 pm

scbvideoboy wrote:
chunks wrote: Yeah he has it on his home page for $37.95, but not available. At least that gives us an idea of the retail price.
This happens all the time on ebay. Personally speaking when I got ebay fever for toys I had the feeling that this item was the only one and I had to get it NOW! Wiser ebayers said to me wait you'll see one next week at half the price and it's true.

DH
Yoy guys are right I almost paid double for the Huff but held off and guess what they showed up at Wallys. :shock:
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by warhawker » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:45 am

Stopped at TRU on the way home yesterday and found another 4 pak 40 hanomag in the Lewisville store.

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:32 pm

scbvideoboy wrote: This happens all the time on ebay. Personally speaking when I got ebay fever for toys I had the feeling that this item was the only one and I had to get it NOW! Wiser ebayers said to me wait you'll see one next week at half the price and it's true.

DH
Yes, or sometimes you pass em up at $10 each and now they don't go for less than $20-30 each. (cough) carded fallshirmjagers (cough)

Here's hoping that they get re-issued or one of the online retailers pries a long hidden pallet of them out of the 21C warehouse.. :)
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

KWR190
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by KWR190 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:36 am

The Olympia WA TRU has them in there 29.99

Kurt

parrish333
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Vernon Hills, IL

Post by parrish333 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:08 pm

Vernon Hills, IL TRU has 'em too - ~$30.

lablksmith
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by lablksmith » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:30 am

Two questions, was the pac hanomag at all common? dont see too many pictures if any at all in my extensive library and did the yellow paint on the German vehicles vary in shade as they do on the XD vehilcles?

normandy

Post by normandy » Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:54 am

Not that common, production started in Dec. '44 and issued to Panzer divisions in '45 a few months later the war in Europe was over.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:16 am

they were produced starting in dec '44 as Normandy said, but were given very high priority, direct from Hitler himself, so a fair number were produced (don't know the exact number but it was a few hundred). The reason you don't see many pictures of them is because they only came out in the last few months of the war and by that point field photography was pretty low on the priority list. Every able bodied man was expected to fight. It's the same as with the Hanomag drilling anti-aircraft vehicle, which also came out in the final months of the war. It ended up being the third most produced anti aircraft vehicle the germans had (far more were produced than of the Wirblewind and Mobelwagen, for example) but pics and movies of it are rare because of its late war debut.

The dark yellow the germans used varied enormously in shade and tone.....especially as the war wore on and paint stocks became scarce...other colours would be mixed in to stretch what was available. That plus the fact that method of application could cause the colour to look different and pretty much anything from lime-ish green to orangish yellow goes.

Edit: upon further reflection i think the Drilling was actually the second most produced german anti aircraft vehicle of the war. I think only the sdkfz 7/1 was produced in larger numbers. I know for sure that the Drilling's production was greater than the sdkfz 7/2, mobelwagen, wirblewind and ostwind and those are all the major aa vehicles.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

normandy

Post by normandy » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:25 am

GOT 'EM!!!!!
I went to the TRU in Carl Place and they had 4 Pak Hano's @ $29.99 each. I got 2 and left the others. As of last week, this location said they WOULD NOT be ordering this item. :roll: What can I say...... So East Coast folk keep your eyes open.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:32 am

and now the 88....

:)

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:42 am

did 21c modify the shield on the pak 40 hanomag's gun? It should be smaller than compared to the towed unit. I had to pack mine away and forgot to look before i did. I would think they would have to in order for it to fit inside the Hanomag.

normandy

Post by normandy » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:11 am

No its the same shield as the towed Pak, I'm looking at them right now. I found one odd thing on my Pak Hano, the gun traverses left and right but won't elevate. I'm going to open my second one and see if its the same.

I'm back, same thing i just opened the second box and gun traverses but doesn't elevate but it does recoil. Still its one cool toy... uh model!
The Tactical sign on the right rear and left front seem to be Armored Inf. Co. but I don't know the divisional marking on the left rear, anyone know?

lablksmith
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by lablksmith » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:13 pm

normandy wrote:No its the same shield as the towed Pak, I'm looking at them right now. I found one odd thing on my Pak Hano, the gun traverses left and right but won't elevate. I'm going to open my second one and see if its the same.

I'm back, same thing i just opened the second box and gun traverses but doesn't elevate but it does recoil. Still its one cool toy... uh model!
The Tactical sign on the right rear and left front seem to be Armored Inf. Co. but I don't know the divisional marking on the left rear, anyone know?
Thanks for the info. Thought it was just mine that wouldnt raise and lower. Oh well...

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:21 pm

The gun should elevate a little bit on the Pak-40 Hanomag - at least it does on mine :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:12 pm

sounds like sticky paint or too tight fastners could be the culpret..

Jagdpanther
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jagdpanther » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:02 pm

Found the Pak-40 Hanomag today at TRU'S I picked it up $30. :D

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:33 am

pak hanomogs in atlanta for 32.00 inc. tax

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:02 am

During my Vacation I spied 4 Pak Hanos at the Salinas TRU
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:44 pm

keep buyin' em up- or they'll end up like the black 109s and doras . TRU needs the room for 262 and hellcats -

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:06 pm

Yesterday, Found two pak hanomogs at TRU in Morrow - came back today with money and they were gone!!!
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:55 am

they had three in buckhead, three at akers mill, 3-4 in alpharetta-another of our local compatriots said he did not find any yet in gwinnett county TRUs, yet.

Jagdplastic
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Jagdplastic » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:46 am

'Called my local TRU in Cary, NC yesterday asking if they had any XD. The young lady said that she'd check and was gone for 10 minutes. She came back and said that they didn't.

Two hours later, I'm going home and, what the heck, that TRU is basically on the way, so I stop. I immediately spot the XD Ottos (S2), the XD DAK guys (S2), 32X Firefly (olive drab), the 32X carded Italians, the 32X carded DAK, the 32X Bullfrog p-51, the 32X Me-262 (gray mottling), and other 21st Century stuff that I can't fully remember because I don't collect them. In other words, I saw the Gates of Heaven, at least for me.

No XD German halftracks? Where are the halftracks with the PAK 40? Anyway, I grab 3 Ottos (having succumbed to the near hysteria over this figure), 1 each of the S2 XD DAK figures, and... I saw it. One XD halftrack in the far left corner with the GI Joe stuff. Suffice it to say, I went THROUGH the Gates of Heaven, at least for me.

I left 1 Otto, and two each of the XD DAK guys and the rest of the stuff.

I mentioned at check out that I'd called earlier and was told that the XD stuff wasn't there. The check out guy, who looked to be in management, said that the stuff was brand new. I took his explanation :roll: . I was happy, what can I say.

As to the young lady who'd answered the phone two hours before and had me wait 10 minutes. Well, we all have to go to the bathroom occasionally.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:13 am

The young lady who took your call probably had no idea what you were looking for.