POST ALL BBI TARGET/TRU ETC FINDS HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
toyktdlgh
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by toyktdlgh » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:03 am

Teamski wrote::shock: Holy crap. That's like the biggest financial debacle of an available item we have seen here, ever!!! Incredible! History continues to be made in the 1:18 world..... :roll:

-Ski
I don't know, its got to beat this one. Looks like its got a good chance of it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0103883900

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:08 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Must be people with more money than brains!
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:16 am

Razor17019 wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Must be people with more money than brains!
Your signature kills me Mark.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:31 am

Wouldn't have the Avatar and the rest without your clever photoshop magic! Thanks, toyktdlgh!
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

grunt1

Re: !

Post by grunt1 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:27 pm

digger wrote:Poor SOBs who don't read this board...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ELITE-FORCE-US-ARMY ... dZViewItem
Thank god.. Something worse than when I purchased the #$*@!! M48 tanker drivers for $20 only to have 21C start selling them in their surplus store for a buck a pop six months later.. :roll: :oops: 8)
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:24 pm

At least two targets in my area are resetting, and the tags for the BBI products are already out. Only a matter of days now :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

trigger1
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by trigger1 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:15 pm

Same here..the pegs are out with prices already set...can't wait.

grockwood
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by grockwood » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:07 pm

The Olathe KS. Super Target had the BBI stuff tonight. The M1, LAV nad some Helocopter. The had figures but the were the same ones as TRU's usually has. I tried to measure the M1 using the FOV 1/32 as a referance. I don't think the hull is 1/18 and the turret seemed to be 1/17. I decided not to pick it up. They also had the new GIJoe figures for $5.99. I picke up the warrent officer figure. He looked pretty good.

digger

m1

Post by digger » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:33 pm

I am worried that because the figs were the same ones at TRU and online for a while they won't sell. Since they are no cheaper than they were before I wonder why bbi did not ship the new ones, unless they are not tooled and the order was not that big but it seems to supply all Targets would be a pretty big order.

Anyway, the M1 is exactly 1/18 scale. And with some work can be this cool (thanks BillGiff)

mwanz
Corporal
Corporal

Target online

Post by mwanz » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:43 am

Check this out

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr ... B000PGBB8Y

Anyone seen stuff in midwest targets yet?
Currenly reading: "Armegeddon" by Max Hastings

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:08 am

why are XD Marines being sold at Target?

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/re ... B0007QQS1M
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

rmoore456
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by rmoore456 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:40 pm

Target in Normal, Illinois has the bbi 1/18 Apache and Paratroopers. Nothing new with the paras just the uniforms are more of a khaki in color on the WWII ones.

Ray

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:27 pm

I think it has been mentioned, but I can't believe the Helos are only $29.99, now I can get a replacement for my broken Blackhawk. :)
Todd

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:43 pm

I got a Blackhawk tonight. Still yet to see a tank though. :( Anyone have the DPCI for the Abrams so I can check on that? Got my Blackhawk and they have the other stuff (Humvees, LAV's, figures), but no tanks so far... Wouldn't mind grabbing a Abrams at some point since that was one I passed on back in the day. Boy am I glad I passed on a lot of stuff though now. :)
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:31 pm

Walked into a Target store today, and what do I find? Tons of BBI :D They had 2 M1 Abrams, 2 LAVs, 1 Apache and 1 Blackhawk plus tons of the figures. Nothing new of course, but I couldn't resist the Abrams for $24.99 and the LAV for $19.99 8) I think I'll hit the store later today to snag the Blackhawk and some figures. One simply cannot beat these prices - they're even better than 21c planes at Wal Mart!

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:46 pm

What do you guys think of the BBI Blackhawk heli? I have always wanted one of those, and now might be a good time to get one. :D
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:42 pm

Sabrefan wrote:What do you guys think of the BBI Blackhawk heli? I have always wanted one of those, and now might be a good time to get one. :D
The Blackhawk is an awesome helicopter and more than worth the price Target is selling it for :D It is massive at nearly 3 feet in length! You can cram more than 12 figures into the interior, including the flight crew and passengers. The helo is well detailed, but not on the order of the 21c Supercobra, Huey, or even the BBI Kiowa. That said, the interior features seats for the passengers and crew. These are not detailed with safety-belts, etc. but still look good. The instrument panel in the cockpit is highly detailed with the dials and switches. The control sticks are included and are the full stick (not the short stubby thing like in the cockpit of the BBI Apache). The yaw control levers are not included for some reason.

As for the features, the cockpit doors swing open and the passenger compartment doors slide open. The rotors turn and the droptanks are removable. There's no opening engine like on the 21c Supercobra. A winch system is also included, but it does not move - the rope only hangs there. The most curious feature omission on the BBI Blackhawk, however, is that the gun doors just behind the cockpit are unable to open. That would not have been a difficult feature to engineer and its omission makes the crew seats behind the cockpit nearly inaccessable.

Overall, however, if you see a Blackhawk at your local Target, do not hesitate to get it!!! The OD green Blackhawk used to retail at TRU and at the small retailers for $60 or more; the Air Force one for the same price. Target now has the OD Green for $29.99 which is a 50% markdown and a steal to say the least. You will not be disappointed 8)

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:16 pm

Got my Blakhawk tonight at the Mishawaka Target 8) Haven't started putting it together yet, but will shortly.

Also picked up a couple of the new Joes (carded) and the 1/72 FOV Dragon Wagon for get this: $7.99! They had it, the halftrack/figure set, and the landing craft and the pegs were marked $14.99. But the Dragon Wagon was the only one, and since neither it nor the Blackhawk scanned, they called back and the guy said $7.99.
They also had the Abrams. LAV, and both the Super Humbee and the green camo Humvee, and a couple pegs of paratroopers. Plus a bunch of the new 1/72 FOV stuff, inclcuding a few I hadn't heard about (like the Apache).

Well, off to build a Blackhawk :D
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:39 pm

And my Target stil doesn't have anything except the helicopters and about 10 Stormshadows who I never liked anyway. Never got into the whole ninja thing. Grrrrrr.
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:09 pm

Spotted the Apache and Blackhawk helos as wells as the M-1 tank at the Target in Dublin, CA. They apparently had the LAV also, but they were all gone. I was tempted to pick up the Apache, but since I don't collect modern aircraft and armor I decided to pass on them.

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:44 pm

Blackhawk, Apache, LAV, Abrams and Hummers At Cincinnati Targets. I hit the Beechmont Ave. Store and liberated one of each except the LAV. Oh and there were a ton of para figures and some modern as well. :wink:

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:45 pm

Looking at my M1 that I just purchased at Target, I think BBI may have either given it a darker, flatter wash with the paint (or simply used a darker tan plastic all together) than what was done on the original tank. I have only an original LAV to compare it to, as well as the BBI promo photos. The LAV seems to have a lighter shade of tan and the plastic seems to have more gloss; the promo photos indicate this as well. The paint and weathering on my new Abrams looks reasonably similar to that on the 21c "desert" M2 Bradley in terms of shade and weathering.

Has anyone else that has purchased the new Abrams noticed this? I could be wrong, as its been a while since I saw the original BBI M1 in person, but the new one seems different in a good way :wink:

Either way, I'm quite impressed with the BBI Abrams! Even though it lacks some of the finer features of the 21c M-48 or M2 Bradley, it still is what it is - a 1:18th scale M1A1 Abrams tank 8)

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:59 pm

Scored an Abrams today... Seems the Target resets are done at all stores in the Pittsburgh area now and so the pegs are littered with new stuff. New GI Joes, and most noteably, new BBI. Love the Abrams for that price (no interior bites but you can't have it all it seems). The Blackhawk is such a behemoth that I"m not sure what to do with it even at this point. Probably going to take it apart and store it till I can get a hook to mount it from the ceiling I guess.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:12 am

tmanthegreat wrote:Looking at my M1 that I just purchased at Target, I think BBI may have either given it a darker, flatter wash with the paint (or simply used a darker tan plastic all together) than what was done on the original tank. I have only an original LAV to compare it to, as well as the BBI promo photos. The LAV seems to have a lighter shade of tan and the plastic seems to have more gloss; the promo photos indicate this as well. The paint and weathering on my new Abrams looks reasonably similar to that on the 21c "desert" M2 Bradley in terms of shade and weathering.

Has anyone else that has purchased the new Abrams noticed this? I could be wrong, as its been a while since I saw the original BBI M1 in person, but the new one seems different in a good way :wink:

Either way, I'm quite impressed with the BBI Abrams! Even though it lacks some of the finer features of the 21c M-48 or M2 Bradley, it still is what it is - a 1:18th scale M1A1 Abrams tank 8)
I noticed a difference too but I couldn’t tell what it was. All in all I’m pleased with mine especially for the price.

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:32 pm

The figures that come with the LAV and M1 appear to have a different paint scheme on their uniforms. Appears to be a more updated camo where they splashed some forest green in instead of dark tan. Looks good.

I'll post side by sides if I get a chance.. Either way, they look great..
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com