BBI at Target

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
blaster_e11
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blaster_e11 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:08 am

makes me think i gotta check my jouéclub store to see if they have any interesting (old) modern BBI toys

JohnLumley
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by JohnLumley » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:21 am

For PlaneNuts:

The bbi was located right next to the Forces of Valor. The isle did have some other figs that were not bbi. After work today I plan on another visit. I will take a photo and post it here tonight.

For USCGSARdog:

I scored the S1 OD green version. I did not see any of the S2 PaveHawk

JL
One hundred and fifty three - 1:18 scale aircraft on the ceiling looks :shock: damn good!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:18 am

those prices are almost chap mei like. Incredible. Should be good for sales. I wonder if it will encourage BBI to spawn new items.

And speaking of Chap Mei.....why is there stuff so hard to find??? I'd like to get a look at the Soldier Force V Tarhe they came out with last year but have yet to find even a picture of it anywhere....
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

rvlyssup
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by rvlyssup » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:59 am

Jesse James wrote:Uhm, well I have friends at Target Corporate in MN, and while Target does institute a store-by-store decision (not corporate-wide) on whether or not items will be "pulled" from the back room for someone asking, I've never heard of any employee being fired for pulling items...
I respect your opinion...but...Knowing someone who works for Target is a wee bit different from someone who works for Target as far as corporate information / procedure / policy is concerned. Without going too far off topic or wanting to argue with someone, hope this clarifies why your response is not exactly fact. People get fired all the time for doing "petty" stuff. Last time I checked, the postcards you see on the shelf about collectibles are printed by corporate in MN. The store had nothing to do with it. Even if the general population (including Target Team Members / Employees) don't agree with the policy, we gotta tow the line. Keep in mind why this is the case...it keeps product away from scalpers (I heard a guest call them "maggots) who only care about one thing...$$$. It protects legitimate consumers who want the product. It is also for the true collector who cares about the hobby and the reasons for having a hobby. I'm sure there are lazy ones but a majority of TMs will pull an item for a guest. And why not? They have PDAs, the price checker, a walkie, and backroom TMs to bring the stuff out. It is also their job. You be surprised how much they care. But that also includes caring and keeping their job. That is what the execs are for and get paid the big bucks to explain...no items will be pulled from backroom until they are located. That my friend is fact...More power to you if you are on a daily basis able to get stuff pulled for you.

Again, I apologize to everyone for the off topic posts...now on with the show. 8)
Stang...Gun...Vag Nut.

JohnLumley
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by JohnLumley » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:47 pm

I did another Target recon tonight.

I found one new item...

Humvee -1st Marine Division
bbi item # 021281. Not a repaint... same paint as before.
Price $19.99

I have a small correction...
The paratrooper figs that I reported on are actually priced @ $5.99. All other figs are $4.99. My mistake.

I did score another Blackhawk & Apache. I just could not pass them up for $30 ea.

Photos are next.
One hundred and fifty three - 1:18 scale aircraft on the ceiling looks :shock: damn good!

JohnLumley
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by JohnLumley » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:50 pm

Rowsdower
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Rowsdower » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:21 pm

Why the hell is this all this stuff in Florida but not in my AO! :evil: :evil: :evil:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:23 pm

Thanks for the recon photos, JohnLumley!

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:19 pm

That brings a tear to my eye :cry:

I cant wait till my target gets BBI! :twisted:
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:19 pm

Well, like I noted rvlyssup, this isn't from some random fellow working the floor or stock room at the local Target store, this is from someone "high" within the Target corporate headquarters I'm fairly close with... That can be taken or left for what it is though, everyone's free to "not believe" what someone tells them on the internet, but it's what I know as "fact" from my friend, and I'd think he'd be quite privy to the matter considering his position. Not to mention he's yet to let me down in the 11 years I've known him too. But it's neither here nor there either, and it's fine to simply disagree.

I'm sure some management have their opinions on the matter, however the "anti-collector policy" as it's commonly called is still a store-by-store decision by management and not a corporate decision on whether or not product is "allowed" to be pulled from the back... The "cards" denoting the policy are given out by corporate to individual store management to put out as they deem fit, but that's all. Really though, any breeze through the myriad of Target stores in any given city's immediate area shows the truth of the matter. Whether that store uses the cards and applies the "No Toys/Collectibles Pulled From The Back" policy is evident by the cards being out on the floor in the first place, and in most cases they simply aren't even there. Not just my area either though, that's everywhere.
no items will be pulled from backroom until they are located. That my friend is fact...More power to you if you are on a daily basis able to get stuff pulled for you.
I'm not sure entirely what you meant about location... Items in stock in the back are recorded in the inventory regardless of plan space for them or not of course... "Location" then isn't a difficulty if you have the specific numbers to look them up and request them. Sometimes you run into a "lazy" employee, sometimes you run into one citing the policy in place if that store is using it, but even in stores the policy is supposedly being used, you usually still get what you want when you visit Customer Service in the front of the store. You can locate the item yourself with the number and simply push the employee the right direction to get you what it is you need then. ;)

It's also not just my area that I'm "fortunate" to get things pulled for me (on a monthly basis, I don't recall saying it was daily). It's literally 100's of collectors I know personally, of various toy lines from GI Joe to Star Wars and more, who are able to implement this, and always have been successful. It's not even a secret how happy some people get when they hear something's exclusive to Target over other retailers because it's easier to track down generally, their clearance structure is easier to keep track of and pounce on, etc., etc.

Getting to know the right people in retailing's been part of working in toy news as a hobby in general for me though, and knowing Target's policies and practices is definitely helpful to collectors for sure. I think it'll be less an issue with BBI's stuff than other line's, but not by much if 1:18 becomes more popular. There is no perfect way to handle the situation though either... I'm fortunate to have most stores near me have zero interest in implementing that decision though, and thus they're a lot more friendly to shop at and deal with from a collector's point of view. The most they usually do is limit the ammount you can purchase of any given item, however that's usually only applied to exclusives.

The whole point of all this though that actually is pertinent to the discussion, is that tracking anything at Target is incredibly easy to do by yourself... Find the price scanner, punch in the number, see if it says it is in-stock, and if it's not on the floor just start getting help to get it. To me that's great news though, even if 21st Cent. Toys isn't picked up by Target (maybe someday though?).
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

iflabs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by iflabs » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:35 am

Dear lord! $30 for the choppas! WOOOOOOOOOOOOTTT! Gotta make some Target runs today!!! Glad I held out on the Apache and Blackhawk.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:39 am

you know.....when you consider that BBI's little chubby Elite Command Hind sold for $20, it really puts into perspective just how good a deal the Blackhawk and Apache are.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

rvlyssup
Private First Class
Private First Class

Does anyone know???

Post by rvlyssup » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:16 pm

It has been a while since I saw the Humvees and the accessories that come with them...any usable parts on these vehicles to arm the Blackhawk? Also, do the Humvees front wheels steer?
Stang...Gun...Vag Nut.

digger

humvee

Post by digger » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:58 pm

Wheels don't steer and there is no minigun which would be ideal for the BH. There are a bunch of removable MGs with the Super Humvee. Best part of that vehicle is the figure who is perhaps the best "regular" to date.

iflabs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by iflabs » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:24 pm

Went to 6 different Targets in Minnesota and found no signs of BBI. Depressing...

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:18 pm

A brand spanking new Target opened up fairly close to my girl's place and had a lot of BBI, but no Abrams and no Blackhawk. I'm thinking someone cleared those out before I got there.

Also no WW2 figures, only Paras and modern... Had 2 Apaches, Humvees, 2 LAV's sitting around though. Looking tomorrow for Abrams and a Blackhawk if I can find them. Never got either before.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:18 am

aferguson wrote:you know.....when you consider that BBI's little chubby Elite Command Hind sold for $20, it really puts into perspective just how good a deal the Blackhawk and Apache are.
Yeah, either Target bought a LOT of this stuff, or BBI is making next to nothing on this in order to get the line into a major retail store.
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

digger

well..

Post by digger » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:27 am

Let's not forget the molds were done...the cost for bbi was plastic, labor, packaging and shipping. I'm sure this adds up but in the end the small margin is worth it if that's what got Target to take the line.

On a side note, that Target Toy section looks wonderful with retro-Gi Joes, Elite Force figs/vehicles and fov all crammed together in a lovely display of military might! :D

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:13 am

I checked several Targets in Northern, CA. Nada. :(

Plane Nuts
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Plane Nuts » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:59 pm

immeww2 wrote:I checked several Targets in Northern, CA. Nada. :(
Found one with the aisle reset, but nothing taking up places yet!!!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:15 pm

Nothing in central California either. There's been a couple resets going on, but not much else happening. There hasn't been any new FOV for a short while either. Its all OK though, I can wait on the BBI stuff as I've got everything they're selling save the Abrams :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by WGP Klaus » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:22 am

Aisle reset in progress my AO, should be no later than Tuesday I'm told, very much looking forward to BBi offerings at such killer prices! Hopefully Hornets and Falcons are in the pipeline (Holidays?).

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:55 pm

8 new modern bbi soldiers are on Target's Website
http://www.target.com/gp/browse.html/re ... =16&page=5
Not available yet...but these guys may be the first of more bbi to show up Online!

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:35 pm

Checked around today and found some helpful Target folks. Bad news is just like the people at TRU they know what I am talking about but have no idea when they will get it.
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

Bruzzer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Bruzzer » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:41 pm

Went to a opening day Target in Gilroy, CA. They had 1 Blackhawk and 2 Apache's, humvee's, figures, FOV planes and some new FOV figs. Picked up the Blackhawk one helicopter pilot and FOV Mustang. My wife said she read on some board that all the Targets will be reseting their toy aisles around Aug 5th. I expect we'll all see this stuff around then.