Official 1:18 Scale NY Toy Fair Thread

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
hworth18
Officer - Brigadier General

Official 1:18 Scale NY Toy Fair Thread

Post by hworth18 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:05 am

ADMIN EDIT - I don't believe 21st would like us to post images from their site. Since it's a log-in based site with registration, please don't repost them nor link to them directly. They would want people to sign-up for the area21 fan club first. Any other site is fine, just with 21st's stuff for now please don't post pictures or direct links to the pictures. Discuss the images all you like! But please don't link them.

To see the images - Log in or register at http://www.21stcenturytoys.com

32x extreme wings repaints and new P-40
New Xd 109G
Avenger prototype
New Mustang repaint
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:09 am

ADMIN EDIT - See first post

Another Avenger view..
And an image of the S2 109G!!!

Looks like I am gonna be the proud owner of 2 upcoming Bf-109Gs.. :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:27 am

ADMIN EDIT - See first post

Here are a couple of Panzer IV repaints:

Sideskirts included...

And some marines repaints:

compfire
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by compfire » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:04 pm

Very cool pics! THX

momaw nadon
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by momaw nadon » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:47 pm

I just saw that 32X 262 picture in the center of the first picture in Wal-Mart today.

Also seen two picture for the Legends title.
One Pappy's Corsair and the other is Fight 19 Avenger

momaw nadon

kenhil2
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by kenhil2 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:48 pm

anyone know if the playsets they are showing are 32x or XD? and are those marines in tropical camo i spy? looks like they also might be trying to revitalize their 12inch line
Last edited by kenhil2 on Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...ken

Semper Fi

"if you haven't been there, shut the f@#k up"

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:49 pm

kenhil2 wrote:anyone know if the playsets they are showing are 32x or XD?
It looks like the new playset/buildings are 32x.. :)
-Howard Stark

Mad Ewok
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Mad Ewok » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:49 pm

These are just a few things that are going to be there , correct??

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:56 pm

This is good, very good!

There is the prototype mold for the Avenger - meaning that that plane is a reality and it will have the turret and folding wings!

I like the new 109G scheme.

The 32x Galland 109 looks great and I can't wait for the P-40.

Then, did anyone notice that the P-51 is the retooled version? From the picture one can tell that it has moving control surfaces (rudder, elevator, flaps) and redone fuselage and what look to be thinner wings. Its also in the scheme of that P-51 we never saw produced (an that used to be on GP's old board in the XD archive). All in all, it doesn't seem remarkably different than the BBI version in terms of accuracy and function, so I'm personally not anticipating it like the other releases. Nonetheless, it looks like we'll be seeing the new 21c P-51 very soon.

M4Sherman
Corporal
Corporal

Post by M4Sherman » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:07 pm

Excellent. Cant wait for the Avenger to come out. Im glad its got the folding wings and the turret. Also glad I didnt get the Panzer IV yet cause the camo version shown looks good, as done the winter scheme.

Joe

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:37 pm

Can't wait for that winter scheme panzer! The 109G looks cool too! :D :D

momaw nadon
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by momaw nadon » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:42 pm

Question on the Platoon line? Does anyone think we will have new head sculpts? I hope that the carded figure is for mockup of carded look and not what we will see. I don't think it would do well if they used WWII German figures for a Nam line.

Anyone notice that they have two different 109-Gs? Both look alike with colors, but I noticed one has blue band with #8 on it and the other is the one we have seen before with the chevron and yellow band.

Also it look like they have that tan/green camo Stuka which you can only see the wing in the plane tower shot.
momaw nadon

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:51 pm

the head sculpts for the platoon figures are shown right after the package mock up....tom berinzer, charlie sheen and what's his face...

...willem defoe...

momaw nadon
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by momaw nadon » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:59 pm

aferguson,
I thought those are for the 1/6th scale figures? I was refering to the XD line for new head sculpts.
momaw nadon

Mad Ewok
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Mad Ewok » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:00 pm

In the plane rack picture, in the background, one of the Shermans looks somewhat like a Firefly or a 76mm version.

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:57 pm

Wow - so much to be psyched about! The 1:18 Platoon figures and the Panzer with side skirts look great, plus so much more....

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Stoked

Post by Quixote511 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:56 pm

I am stoked----but there is so much cool stuff comming out in 32x I feel left out in the XD world. Did you see that pimp diggity Flak 88? I am jonesing for one in XD. Are there going to be any Sahara figs in XD? I didin't see. And, what is this sh!t about the Avenger only in mock up? I only have soo much money for so long during the year and then my wife takes it. I need to spend while the spending is good. I am looking forward to see more and I am truly excited about what is comming, not to sound like I am complaining too much. This should be cool.
Aaron

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:59 pm

I am really hoping BBI and 21st have some surprises in store for us before the show is over. I only count 3 new aircraft (two of which aren't close to being finished, and only one new piece of armor, if you call adding skirts and paint to an existing piece,"new". The 1:18 Mustang they have on display doesn't come close to matching BBI, lets hope 21st is right when they say final product will be better. However, not to be totally let down, I am extremely excited about the 1/4 scale hummer and jeep. My kids are going to have a ball!! :D

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:23 am

NEW! They posted a second set of images if anyone hasn't seen them yet!!!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:54 am

hmm.....i have a feeling that's it. Kind of bland, really. I will say the Avenger prototype looks very good; lots of moving parts and both torpedo and rockets! I sure wish they'd hurry up and release it.

No glimpses of the 262, f-86, mig 15 or any new armour though

Ah well, we've got a long year in front of us and many goodies to come, i'm sure of that. The Bridge too Far line i'm excited about. May get some nice British paras at long last (i hope they don't just plan to recycle the US paras and nothing more). Maybe they can use this line as an excuse to release one of the two german armoured cars they've had in prototype form for years......maybe even make a C-47!!........waaaaaaah!

Ok, i'm calm now.. :?

digger

Toy Fair

Post by digger » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:43 am

I was able to get my hands on a couple of guest passes through my job.:D
I hooked Teamski up with the other and we made a bee-line for 21st :) We were not dissappointed :shock: I should say thanks to everyone at 21st as they were so cool with us. Roy was hanging around all day to comment on the planes, the schemes and markings. The highlight might have just been listening to Teamski and Roy talk aviation & military history for hours!! Roy was SO committed to even the smallest details - I think if he had his way he would build each plane himself. (And armor guys, he seemed to like armor too so we could be in for a treat this year).

I have come down off of cloud 9 and can now report:

The playsets are 32x and look amazing - the detail on the buildings & brickwork is 1:18 Build-a-rama quality. I spent most of my time contemplating the switch to 1/32. I begged them for some 1:18 structures like that and I got a silent smile, so you never know.... 8)
The new planes in 1/32 rival the older XD planes - they are awesome. The bubbletop 262 and 109 were my favs from those. They had the J-Tiger & K-Tiger also - damn you 32 people :twisted:

Ok, the platoon guys will have real headsculpts - the sculpts on display were 1/6 but there was a pic of the 1/18 guys. I was also told they will not all have the same body....

The new Marines look sweet, and the Panzer repaints speak for themselves :D I love the plain one - like a "roll your own" version :wink:

The Starfighter will be the center of your collection. It is UNREAL in person - people were taken aback by it when they walked into 21st's booth. You can look down the exhaust(?) and see about 6 inches of detail INSIDE the jet. Crazy.

Then the Avenger...words cannot describe...I think I will leave that to Teamski....the rotating turret, the bomb bay, folding wings, hatches...you can really see what's taking so long - the bird is huge and they really want to get it right. The Lost Squadron is a cool idea too. I always wondered where the story about the Bermuda triangle started.....

That is S2 & S3 of the 109G. Both cool schemes, and you will notice slight differences from the S1 that may explain the delay.

The Mustang is not finished - they were confident that one of the final mods would be groundbreaking.

And one of the reps said they read the board, so we are being heard. Oh, and I personally heard 3 different people ask Roy for a Zero (Teamski included) so we may be wearing him down :lol:

The other booths were rather shallow....I will report on them but can't cay I saw much....

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:55 am

figures.com has posted more detailed pics of the Avenger for those who want to see. Click on "21st" even though picture count says 1.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:48 am

Thats kind of fun that we will get a flight 19 Avenger. Get a few of those, and I can create a dio of the opening scene for the Spielberg movie, "Close Encounters of the Third Kind!" Stop tempting me with that F-104 Starfighter. I really want that one, as well as the Avenger, F-86, ME-262, and the list goes on...

ajeschke
Private First Class
Private First Class

Avenger video

Post by ajeschke » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:26 pm

Area 21 has new video of the Avenger at the Toy Fair.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:10 pm

They're really trying to entice us with that video - and I'm falling for it! I can't wait for this plane to appear, and hopefully it will be sooner than later. This is one aircraft I deffinitely want to crown my 1:18 military collection. The F-104 is cool, but the Avenger will be better. The fact that theres a prototype mold at least says they're working on it, and it looks like it will be the 1:18 scale WWII airplane of our dreams!