POST DODGE TRUCK, COMMAND CAR & HUMMVEE DISCUSSION HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
75th Ranger
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

question about the 2 1/2 truck

Post by 75th Ranger » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:25 pm

Hello guys,
I was wondering if anyone knows if they are going to sell the truck in any of the Walmart stores?....
let me know,
thanks in advance,
HOOAH!

momaw nadon
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by momaw nadon » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:27 pm

If anyone that got the command car could post some pictures of it? I would like to see the figures and other stuff and see how it differs from the first one. You can only tell so much from the little picture that BCA has up. Thanks

BTW, markecho great pictures! Is the tanker you have in the Panther custom painted? Or is that one that came with the Panzer IV? It looks good. Thanks

momaw nadon

fredricchio
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by fredricchio » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:18 pm

Just a heads up, Toys N Swords has these in stock now (the WC57 and 63, but not the Humvee) for $29.99 each, and shipping of $3 and $4, respectively.

gunslinger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by gunslinger » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:55 pm

Got mine today, this is my favorite one yet. Six months ago I told myself I was only getting modern stuff, heck who was I kidding. I can't get enough of this stuff. does anybody know if they are planning a scout car or an ambulance in the future? need more vehicles, they hit the nail right on the head with this dodge truck. One question though where did they fire the 50 cal. from? Inside the ring? It looks like you would have to be eight feet tall, in less you were standing on the seat.

Threetoughtrucks
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:19 am

# 1 - The WC-63 was used as an ambulance when needed. I've seen pics of the truck with big red crosses painted on the canvas sides.

# 2 - The ring mount wasn't that tall when you stand on the seats. The gun was fired from inside the ring and was used for AA protection. Standing up firing the gun you were much too exposed for a ground fight.

We had the ring set-up on my 1:1 club's WC-62 and I'm 6' of beefcake and I had plenty of room to swing the gun around and take care of any Stuka's that tried to attack our parades on Staten Island or New Jersey. Just my presence must have scared them away. How do I know that you say. Well none ever attacked us so they must have been scared of me and our dummy .50 cal. We know the Panzers avoided us also due to our 57mm anti tank gun being pulled by the WC-62.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

gunslinger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by gunslinger » Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:30 am

Thanks, TTT sounds like your the go-to-guy for questions on this thing.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:21 am

BCA should be very fast on shipping. I ordered 2 Dodge trucks and they got here in 2 days using their standard FedEX shipping. :D

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:11 pm

Got my WC63 yesterday and I am very pleased! The truck is sturdy and well detailed. The weathering is nice. In my opinion, it is better than the Panzer IV, in terms of functionality, QC issues, etc. My only complaint is that 21st should have made the canvas cover on the bed removable. Good Job 21st - you guys sure can make a good toy truck! The bed can hold 8-10 fully armed troops, or a bunch of supplies (aka Build-a-Rama products). For the time being, I've put my XD Marines and some Build-a-Rama crates in the back. I got the marines to sit by slitting the shirt along the seamline on the front and I'll post pictures to this message a little later. A very nice addition to the WWII line!

MK
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MK » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:37 pm

My wife offered to buy me the truck for Valentines Day, what a gal. We live in Modesto which is about 20 minutes away from Oakdale so yesterday we loaded up the car and headed to Bad Cat Aviation. This was my first time there and Matt was very helpful. I couldn't help but feel like Charlie walking into the chocalate factory. They have a nice size warehouse with palletes full of BBI, 21st Century, and other size warplanes. I saw the BBI Blue Angel and it was very tempting. But with wife in tow, I was only able to get the BBI Sherman (which is well worth the price), Dodge Truck (it was the second to last one there; he said they ran out twice this week) and the BOB Germans. I may go back within the next month or so now I know where it is and I can save on shipping.

MK

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:47 pm

markecho
Sergeant
Sergeant

command car pics right out of the box

Post by markecho » Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:16 am

It is the dang toy companies that have sometimes made me want to stop collecting toys!!!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:35 am

Nice! I really like how they made the new WC-57 come with Patton and a driver. A novel idea, considering their first release! One can see they used the BoB driver, to match the Patton figure. I got a couple of the BoB drivers for my WC-63.

tankduel
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by tankduel » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:29 pm

Hi guys,I just ordered the WC-63 from Badcat,can you tell me if it comes with any accessories/stowage etc
Thanks in advance

digger

wc-63

Post by digger » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:52 pm

You better hit Build-A-Rama b/c the truck doesn't come with stowage outside the driver's pack. Still worth every penny imo - it's damn cool. You just need to steal some barrels from PTE guys or buy some crates for the back....

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:59 pm

I would highly recommend the new 1:18 crates set, the 55 gal. drum set, the WWII stowage set , and a couple of the .50 cal ammo sets from Build-A-Rama to go with the new WC-63!

Here's a small pic of some of those accessories (behind the driver) in use:

Last edited by tmanthegreat on Sun May 29, 2005 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Yeah!

Post by Quixote511 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:49 am

Another one of the toys I purchased with my refund from Uncle Sam, I am very happy with it. Yes, I know the detail level is down on this one. But, I suspect that this is due to the fact that this was an old mold they finally got the means to produce--kind of like the Bradley. It makes no mind to me. I was not looking for too much out of my troop and cargo hauler--I just needed one. Now, I will have to buy several more to make that convoy.
Aaron

exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by exether_mega » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:38 am

Got mine today :D

Overall it looks fine but I wonder if the space between front wheels and fenders is not too big. What do you think ? Right ?

Take care.

phil

exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by exether_mega » Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:48 pm

Still no answer on my question about distance between front wheels and fenders. Am I wrong or am I right ?

Looking on pictures space between both seems to be smaler. Would like to know your opinion.

Take care.

phil

sakuraba
Corporal
Corporal

Post by sakuraba » Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:31 am

Is that a machine gun mounted on the panther? I thought it didnt come w/ one?

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:08 pm

exether mega -

I think that there is probably too much of a gap on the 21c version. Its not as bad as on the rear wheels of the WC-57. Compare the XD version with the other picture:

mondaytanker
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by mondaytanker » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:52 am

I went to my local Hobbytown USA to pick up some more styrene. I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw the WC-63 truck on the bottom shelf. I redeemed my punch card and got it for $22.00. :D

I like the truck, the detail is really nice up top. What ever you do don't flip it over! What happened there? I was expecting the same amount of detail as on the original WC-57 command car. I may have to buy a new WC-57. Dismantle it, and start making resin copies. I'll fix this beast yet. The reason the spare tire is turned around, is they got cheap and used the same wheel as on the axels. Which doesn't make any sense, they are doing it right on the WC-57.

Overall I do appreciate 21st Century building us a truck. I'm just very disappointed in the lack of detail in the undercarriage. :cry:

Tanker

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:33 am

Tanker and guys:

This truck is a mystery to me. I love the truck but the undercarriage turned me off. Looking at the Command Car detail in the bottom I couldn't explain why they were so different. Then I looked at the rest of the truck.

The whole grill guard is different, the winch is oversized and the engine is DIFFERENT from the CC. Why the engine is not the standard WW2 Dodge has me scratching my head.

All these things should be the same in both trucks. The undercarriage is the same in the real trucks. The only difference is the added axle shaft for the second set of wheels.

21c has the potential to make really great things, we've seen that with some tank interiors, and yet others have no interiors and hatches that don't open when they should. It's almost like different models are made by different designers and different manufacturers.

I still am a big fan of 21c but disappointed in this truck. I love it, but it's not up to the 21c standards we would like to expect from them.

TTT

exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by exether_mega » Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:26 am

I am totaly agree with you !

I don't understand why they do a great job on the command car and not on the truck.

Any idea on how to lower the truck refering to tmanthegreat'pictures ?

Take care.

phil

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:05 pm

Phil:

I wouldn't know where to begin to lower the truck in this toy. The entire front to me has the same look as a duece & a half. Not the flat hood, just the front fenders and the winch and the brush guard. It's like someone started to design a duece and changed it to the Dodge. The winch looks like it came right off the duece.

My webshot has both in the real world in both pages.

http://community.webshots.com/user/threetoughtrucks

TTT

digger

Heyday

Post by digger » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:53 pm

It's because the CC was built in the XD armor heyday, frankly. Same time as the M-41, which is masterfully done with full interior and all the bells and whistles. As the planes got better, the land vehicles lost a little something. You'll notice amazing detail on the underside of the M1025, because it too was designed years ago. I'm hoping XD armor gets back to the place it was 2 years ago - just unbelievable for the price.