Branching out just a little?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
boyx30
Sergeant
Sergeant

Branching out just a little?

Post by boyx30 » Tue May 08, 2007 3:16 pm

I've backed off from collecting (and posting) for a while, as it seemed it was just the same'ol same'ol...... with my oldest graduating from college and returning home I had to take down my collection to make room for his ultimate invasion...um I mean return....and I realized that I took it for granted..as in I had forgotten what they stood for.....because as I cut each and every string holding a little piece of hanging history it once again sparked something in me and I remembered not only how cool these planes were but what it took the men and women to build, fly and defend regardless of nation or leader.....so I have placed my collection of planes and art in my office at work....and guess what happend? People asked questions and were amazed at the stories just as I had been....and now they stop by just to look.....it's great not to forget the past...and to pass it along too!

If you build it...they will.....well you get the picture...

but I'm pleased to see some truely new stuff (hopefully sparked on by the trio of competition) hitting the shelves or in the works...very nice stuff and kudos to all the manufactures.

In the future I hope to see some stretching of the wings (pun intended) perhaps into Russian WWII stuff ...and of course I'd be remiss in not mentioning my yearly..."hey how about WWI stuff" rant as well.......

Thanks to all....stay well

digger
Officer - Brigadier General

more to come

Post by digger » Tue May 08, 2007 8:07 pm

Glad you are still with us. I too believe good things are to come - and even more than we know. Thanks for the positive post! :D

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Tue May 08, 2007 9:02 pm

Wow, what a change!!!! No whining?, no complaining about manuifacturers or distribution in Wallyworld?

For a minute, reading Boyx..'s post, I thought I was in another board.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Wed May 09, 2007 8:27 am

WW 1 stuff...I agree!