Distribution rumors - what could be next?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
VMF115
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by VMF115 » Wed May 02, 2007 2:17 pm

Fox Tare-28 wrote:
Rowsdower wrote:I think we need to figure out how to send TKO some truth serum over the internet. :lol: :lol: :lol: Vee have vays to make you talk!

:shock:

*Shows up in Gestapo outfit and pulls out foldable coat hangar*

I wish Toys 'R Us also sold some 21C stuff.
then TKO rips out his 21st century 1:18 scale ark opens it and then close his eyes.

the holy ghost come out of the 1:18th ark

some poor fool who looked upon the Holy ghost

Fox Tare-28 is starting to rethink his idea.

Fox Tare-28 is now not feeling to good at the moment.

Just kidding Fox Tare-28 :lol: :D
Last edited by VMF115 on Wed May 02, 2007 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

Fox Tare-28
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Fox Tare-28 » Wed May 02, 2007 2:18 pm

Ok...Ok...Bad idea I admit it. *dies*

sarge
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: well

Post by sarge » Wed May 02, 2007 3:38 pm

digger wrote:It's only been 3 days.. :roll: I'm sure when he is allowed to tell us he will..
Been longer then that guy :wink: :wink: Hell we're all adults if he spills the beans now what's going to happen to the big secret :twisted: -- go away? I doubt it. Sarge

digger

?

Post by digger » Wed May 02, 2007 4:00 pm

April 30th to May 2nd? How long is that in your mind?

sarge
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: ?

Post by sarge » Wed May 02, 2007 4:17 pm

digger wrote:April 30th to May 2nd? How long is that in your mind?
The problem guy not the secret solution

digger

?

Post by digger » Wed May 02, 2007 4:45 pm

If you started a drum roll before TKO even announced something might be in the works then it is no wonder you see this as "drama." Most of us see this as potential good news worth waiting for an official announcement on.
Oh, and if you want to call me 'guy' I suggest you do it in a PM. :wink:

tmanthegreat

Re: ?

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed May 02, 2007 5:42 pm

digger wrote:April 30th to May 2nd? How long is that in your mind?
Hmm... that would be 72 hours, or 4,320 minutes, or 259,200 seconds.

Thats way too long in my mind :lol:

However, given that we waited about 63,072,000 seconds, give or take, for 21c to put out the Avenger, 259,200 seconds doesn't seem that bad :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Wed May 02, 2007 7:33 pm

Woohoo RotLA rules!! Don't look at it!! :shock:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

Fox Tare-28
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Fox Tare-28 » Wed May 02, 2007 7:48 pm

Rowsdower wrote:Woohoo RotLA rules!! Don't look at it!! :shock:

*Sarcastically* Thanks for the warning.

Lol J/K. :)

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Wed May 02, 2007 8:42 pm

Hey TKO ,
This post is almost as fun as smashing my fingers with a hammer. :? Don't tease us until you have all of the info. And when that happens LET IT HAPPEN. My fingers sure are sore. :cry:
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Wed May 02, 2007 9:35 pm

pickelhaube wrote:Hey TKO ,
This post is almost as fun as smashing my fingers with a hammer. :? Don't tease us until you have all of the info. And when that happens LET IT HAPPEN. My fingers sure are sore. :cry:
I dont know abouit you but I consider smashing my fingers with a hammer quit fun...LOL just kidding

digger

Post by digger » Wed May 02, 2007 10:36 pm

pickelhaube wrote:Hey TKO ,
Speak for yourself - some of us would like something to talk about aside from how bad your life is with XD. At least the title of the thread isn't "Watch this Space" :roll:

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Wed May 02, 2007 11:18 pm

The reason companies don't want to release info till it's certain is because of the reactions like "This is stupid, just spill the beans already". ;)

Seriously though, companies like 21st, Hasbro, and others like to release info when they feel it is "a done deal", or staggered so that there's interest generated. The latter usually applies to product announcements... You don't blow your wad early then have long lulls, etc. Common sense. The former though is more to avoid rampant unwarranted "anger" or resentment towards the company because something was revealed before it was confirmed, and thus avoiding the potential of something falling through the cracks as it can (and often does) happen.

Example... Rumor list of figures pops up... things being seriously discussed at a Toy Company inside. It takes literally a year or so to develope these, sometimes longer, so "what if?" lists are floating about the company... List gets out, fans get crazy for what they read, 75% of list doesn't happen because it's just idea bouncing and nothing more... Fans throw fit... With this topic it's a business model/decision being bantied about, something a company doesn't even have to really make its consumers privy too actually... So I think the lack of substantial talk about it is warranted. That's business.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Thu May 03, 2007 1:15 am

Jesse James wrote:The reason companies don't want to release info till it's certain is because of the reactions like "This is stupid, just spill the beans already". ;)

Seriously though, companies like 21st, Hasbro, and others like to release info when they feel it is "a done deal", or staggered so that there's interest generated. The latter usually applies to product announcements... You don't blow your wad early then have long lulls, etc. Common sense. The former though is more to avoid rampant unwarranted "anger" or resentment towards the company because something was revealed before it was confirmed, and thus avoiding the potential of something falling through the cracks as it can (and often does) happen.

Example... Rumor list of figures pops up... things being seriously discussed at a Toy Company inside. It takes literally a year or so to develope these, sometimes longer, so "what if?" lists are floating about the company... List gets out, fans get crazy for what they read, 75% of list doesn't happen because it's just idea bouncing and nothing more... Fans throw fit... With this topic it's a business model/decision being bantied about, something a company doesn't even have to really make its consumers privy too actually... So I think the lack of substantial talk about it is warranted. That's business.
Plus TKO loves to dangle the carrot in front of us and make us squirm...that's just part of his charm. :)

I don't mind though, at least it gives us something to talk about, other than making another "I Wish They Make This in 1/18" thread... :D

USCGSARdog
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by USCGSARdog » Thu May 03, 2007 2:46 am

GooglyDoogly wrote: I don't mind though, at least it gives us something to talk about, other than making another "I Wish They Make This in 1/18" thread... :D
If I see another one of those threads/polls I will puke. Talk about beating a dead horse.:|

-Rob

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Thu May 03, 2007 3:52 am

Hmmmmm, just got done reading a post in the direct from the source area from Aferguson about target getting modern 1:18 bbi somtime in June. Maybe someting of a sign to come???????? :D :wink:
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Thu May 03, 2007 4:05 am

USCGSARdog wrote:
GooglyDoogly wrote: I don't mind though, at least it gives us something to talk about, other than making another "I Wish They Make This in 1/18" thread... :D
If I see another one of those threads/polls I will puke. Talk about beating a dead horse.:|

-Rob
LOL!!! :lol:

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Thu May 03, 2007 4:33 am

I wish they would make the Hello Kitty in 1/18 scale smashing it's fingers with a hammer. :D

Eeeassyyy Googly just making fun. :shock: :D :twisted:
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Thu May 03, 2007 9:45 am

pickelhaube wrote:I wish they would make the Hello Kitty in 1/18 scale smashing it's fingers with a hammer. :D

Eeeassyyy Googly just making fun. :shock: :D :twisted:
But you overlooked one thing....

Hello Kitty doesn't have fingers!!! Muhahahha... :P :twisted:

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Thu May 03, 2007 9:59 am

Okay, then a jackhammer to the foot (lower appendage thing) will do! :D
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Thu May 03, 2007 11:04 am

Moth wrote:Okay, then a jackhammer to the foot (lower appendage thing) will do! :D
:lol:
USCGSARdog wrote:

-Rob
Any one want a Lancaster in 1:18?

"Vmf115 ducks to miss the flying projectile vomit" :lol: :lol:

besides those threads help the manufacturers decided what is popular and may help, besides how long have some of you wanting a B-25 or a SBD or the King tiger? I think I seen a few polls with those aircraft on them.

We may not have the ultimate say in matter of what a company produces but at least we can voice what we would like to see and from what I have read of this board is that the companies are paying attention .

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Thu May 03, 2007 8:03 pm

Thinking about what Mike said, I'm wondering if this will end up being 21C at Target. You're going to have modern BBI showing up there about the same time as the 25th Anniv. GI Joes show up. So far, its sounding like the Joes are being received very well by retailers. And, Hasbro (so far) hasn't shown an vehicles in the line. Maybe Target is looking at having a section in toys with the Joes as the centerpiece, and BBI and 21C as the supporting cast. And the wife just told me today that I can redeem some CC points for Target credits. OOOOO, fun stuff.
Sometimes, the mind needs a shovel, rather than a pencil and paper, to express itself.

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Thu May 03, 2007 8:14 pm

As has been mentioned earlier, the Target concept has merit. 21st already has some Target offerings through the website. I don't know if Target would want to mess with the 21st 1/32 line, since they have a pretty solid offering from FOV. And I can imagine 21st pushing to get into Target or another large retail chain, especially if Walmart seems to be shifting focus (the jury is still out on that one--still no D-Day figs, but the local WM got the 1/32 figure/Pak-40 packs in, as well as more playsets--and 2 more Huffs). And especially so if bbi plans to have a 1/18 presence.
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Thu May 03, 2007 8:23 pm

Some time ago, 21C started selling it's "surplus" (meaning -they didn't sell well). They started selling direct to us collectors the way 21C used to offer stuff direct.

Who among us wouldn't buy the Avenger, or the recent half-tracks or the half a million cockamanie planes you guys buy, DIRECT FROM 21C's site??

It's an idea that now 21C has now seen works, so why not? I say keep giving our etailers enough of certain items and the half a million re-paints of the same plane you guys just love :roll: and sell the new releases to us direct.

I for one complained and whined for years about the idea of different basic vehicles with different models as the finished produt (turning the M-3A1 half-track into a M-16......the basic Gerry HT into the engineer and rockets sided HT). 21C did that so I believe they DO listen to our ideas.......OK, OK...so not all of our ideas are gems and some do belong in the idea s**tcan but something sticks to the wall when we throw all those ideas out.. :wink:

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

Plane Nuts
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Plane Nuts » Thu May 03, 2007 9:52 pm

Morian Miner wrote:Thinking about what Mike said, I'm wondering if this will end up being 21C at Target.
Actually, I was thinking that BBI took a play out of the 21st playbook here. I really don't know if what TKO is eluding to is that 21st has signed on a second mass retailer, but I am pretty certain that BBI signing up Target means that 21st is not going to Target. My feeling is that modern war toys are going to be big once the summer movie toys peak out in a few months...and that the primary driving force is "Support our Troops, Rah! Rah! Rah!"