21st Stuff on Sale at Bad Cat

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Plane Nuts
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

21st Stuff on Sale at Bad Cat

Post by Plane Nuts » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:20 pm

Ok, so I think 30% might be enough to put me in the shopping mood, and I am always looking for back issues that I passed up waiting for the perfect moment...

And since I need another Fw-190 like I need another hole in my head, is the Michaelski 190 at http://www.badcataviation.com/fwsu20.html the European exclusive model?

STUKA
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by STUKA » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:06 pm

is it just me or did their prices skyrocket?
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

mrkisskissbangbang
Corporal
Corporal

Post by mrkisskissbangbang » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:07 pm

I'm not too sure if that is actually a good deal. I don't remember their 1:18 scale aircraft going for $71.00. Weren't they usually around $49-$59? Don't they usually list the two different prices-LIST PRICE and BAD CAT PRICE?

Cheers

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:13 pm

mrkisskissbangbang wrote:I'm not too sure if that is actually a good deal. I don't remember their 1:18 scale aircraft going for $71.00. Weren't they usually around $49-$59? Don't they usually list the two different prices-LIST PRICE and BAD CAT PRICE?

Cheers
Compare the former Bat Cat price with the new list minus discount and see what happens. Could be a good deal.
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:16 pm

throw in shipping - no deal at all

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:19 pm

The George Starfighter is now listed at USD71 less 30% makes it 49.70. Seems less the the former Bat Cat price, IIRC the original price of fifty something.
Tanks for the memories
And oodles of track

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:20 pm

STUKA wrote:throw in shipping - no deal at all
Shipping went up then? Not good.
Tanks for the memories
And oodles of track

Plane Nuts
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Plane Nuts » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:42 pm

STUKA wrote:is it just me or did their prices skyrocket?
I guess we can call that "Bad Cat Math" by Bad Cat Matt... Actually, you have to dig a little for the real deals...but there are a few in there that haven't been this low in a long time.

Any takers on my original Q?
Last edited by Plane Nuts on Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Plane Nuts
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Plane Nuts » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:43 pm

chunks wrote:The George Starfighter is now listed at USD71 less 30% makes it 49.70. Seems less the the former Bat Cat price, IIRC the original price of fifty something.
It was $59.95 this morning! I just love gimmicks!!

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:47 pm

Plane Nuts wrote:
chunks wrote:The George Starfighter is now listed at USD71 less 30% makes it 49.70. Seems less the the former Bat Cat price, IIRC the original price of fifty something.
It was $59.95 this morning! I just love gimmicks!!
If the shippings the same, there's a 12 buck discount right there!
Tanks for the memories
And oodles of track

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:13 pm

not for a few bucks off - the fact that the deals don't screm out at you may keep a lot of customers away.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:18 pm

Seems like all the stuff that went on sale were hiked up in price to somewhat offset the discount. :)

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:32 pm

immeww2 wrote:Seems like all the stuff that went on sale were hiked up in price to somewhat offset the discount. :)
Doesn't the final cost of getting this kinda stuff count in. This is a whole lot better then spending time driving from wallyworld to wallyworld to find stuff.

FWIMBW, not only do I not work for BC but we've also had probs. Very minor, but they became public and can't be ignored because of that. Recognizing all positive action (BadCat has had many) is well worth recognizing and encouraging. This certainly as mine.
Tanks for the memories
And oodles of track

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:46 am

I personally see nothing "positive" on this whole thing... It just makes me well aware of where NOT to spend my money if I can at all avoid it.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

30 % off worth it

Post by supersonicfifi » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:38 am

I was surprised too by the increase of regular price with 30 % off.

But i was hesitating for a 21st ME 109 "Gunther RALL" for a long time and the price is now 48 US D instead of 59 (bad cat price last week!)

I am a sales person and i know that a 30% off annoucement is nice but the method of increasing the prices is debatable ! (it may seems that the seller is trying to make a false discount !!!!!)

Anyway BADCAT's guys are really nice and for me any form of disocunt is interesting because the price of shipping is always the same (35-40 US D to France !!!!!!)

You must made the calculus between last week "BAD CAT "s prices and the price now. you will find a n interseting result ... for me the order is gone this morning ...

Have a good day !
1/18 mirage 2000 & RAFALE should i say more ?

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:00 am

I thought that was kinda wierd. 30% off? :wink: Lets try and do the math... Price hike - "discount" =maybey 10%??? If that... Oh well..I guess it's better than nothing.. Too bad they dont have any more D-Day figs. :(
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:43 am

It is a little confusing, because they are only showing the suggested list price from 21st, which they usually have listed above their regular "sale price". But take 30% off the suggested list, and there is some savings over their regular price, typically anywhere from $5 to $15. For example, the Flight 19 Avenger would be about $67, and it normally runs $84.95. And the light armor/vehicle line (Hanomags, M16, etc.) work out to be $28.70, instead of the usual $34.95 to $37.95. I think it would have helped if Bad Cat included a "regular price" to make it clear that there is still some savings, and in some cases, still pretty significant.
It also reminds us how much we would be paying if we paid suggested list like some e-tailers and small hobby shops tend to charge.
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:23 am

I think it would have been better if they just said 10% off or what ever it works out to be. It just looks like their trying to pull a fast one. I love the "Cat" and will continue to buy there. I have always had great service. I just hate gimmicks.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:51 am

i think you need gimmicks, from time to time at least.

If they'd just said 10% off most people would have gone 'huh, what?'

But you say 30% off a people get excited, start looking for stuff and by the time they realize it's really only 10% off they've sort of gotten in the mood for buying and since they're saving some money, will probably do so.

More people respond to gimmicks than are put off by them, so it' s a good percentage play. Gimmicks drive the economy....love em or hate em.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

jeffrowse
Sergeant
Sergeant

Just my .02Cr's-worth

Post by jeffrowse » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:10 am

Just a guess, but hasn't the cost of doing any business at all risen, so BadCat had to raise their prices anyway...and that would explain the increase in shipping (ie the transit company has increased thier costs so BC have to pass some, if not all, of the increase on or they lose money). I don't know because I've never really looked, but if BC were below RRP then they were making less profit than C21 'suggested', and all their customers have been getting a good deal.

Is it just C21 prices that have increased or is it all of their prices? I don't think it is good business sense to p***-off your most loyal customers by trying to pull the wool over their eyes with a price increase and a sale at the same time, but then I'm not a Merchant so I wouldn't know.

(if you lack a sense of humour, skip this paragraph - it is NOT meant to be offensive!)
Don't know what you damn Yankees are complaining about anyway :shock: . You still pay less in bucks than we do in pounds sterling, although the current Exchange Rate does help a bit. When we can even get the stuff over here. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sulky Jeff. :evil:

BadCatMatt
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BadCatMatt » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:21 am

No gimmicks.

All 21st Century is 30% off list.

We always show the list (hobby shop) price on our site and often beat list by 10%-15% or so. In our current sale, we've deleted the red discount prices and enabled a coupon to take 30% off list. Once you do the math, you'll find significant savings on almost every 21st piece in the store. In the past, if we did the math in advance and showed the list price and sale price with the 30% already calculated, then people call and demand an additional 30% on top of that, which is never possible.

And no, shipping is not free. UPS charges us real money to transport packages throughout the country. Boxes, popcorn and tape run several thousand dollars each month. These costs are passed on. Suppliers, employees, the government all have to be paid. Currently, our delivered cost of many items you see on our site is about the same as Wally's retail price. In the end, in order to supply the goods needed for your hobby, we still have to make a buck or two to keep the doors open.
Last edited by BadCatMatt on Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

Jackson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Re: Just my .02Cr's-worth

Post by Jackson » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:22 am

Last edited by Jackson on Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

mccarthy1028
Corporal
Corporal

WTH!!!

Post by mccarthy1028 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:29 pm

I'm not sure who did the poll on buying online and buying from retailers, but this serves as a perfect example of prices...When have you ever seen the regular price of XD above $70...I cant understand why walmart can sell them at $39.95 and sometimes on sale for $15...Then we see $71 -30% plus shipping, where is the deal in that...Its more like 5% off the original prices...I understand that they are in business to make money but when you try to pull that kind of BS, that's not fair business at all...Shame on you BC...I think I will take my business elsewhere...Aviator-nut has sold things at $45, $49, and even In the $30's range...I feel that BC has let there Rep get to their head and they feel they can do whatever they want...I hope this doesn't offend anybody but this is a shame....
-MIKE-

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:47 pm

I agree, I never understood some online prices for these models. I mean what is the retail price for a 21st Century P-51. I see 39.95 at Walmart, and 71 dollars at at Bad Cat. Who figures these retail prices??????????????????????
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)