Again would like Everyones Opinions and Help.

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
mccarthy1028
Corporal
Corporal

Post by mccarthy1028 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:42 pm

Since we have all had problems with 21C stuff showing up in Wallyworld (or to be exact, NOT showing up in Wally), what I would like to see on-line is simple.

21C should bring back the "Fan Club" where we could buy direct.

I'm talking about new stuff, not only overstocks available now. Why not. Who of us would not be willing to pay shipping direct from 21C to get some toys the day they are released?

Sounds like an idea we can be happy with now to sell it to 21C.

pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by pickelhaube » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:25 pm

mccarthy1028 wrote:Since we have all had problems with 21C stuff showing up in Wallyworld (or to be exact, NOT showing up in Wally), what I would like to see on-line is simple.

21C should bring back the "Fan Club" where we could buy direct.

I'm talking about new stuff, not only overstocks available now. Why not. Who of us would not be willing to pay shipping direct from 21C to get some toys the day they are released?

Sounds like an idea we can be happy with now to sell it to 21C.

I am so there :D
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:37 pm

I'll just restate what someone else already said... Good Stuff To Go is a great outfit to deal with. I don't know how their selection stacks up with the others, but their prices are excellent, and they ship fast, all things considered I would highly recommend them to all board members.
http://www.goodstufftogo.net/
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

aae83
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by aae83 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:24 pm

I buy online when it's been stated that a paint scheme will not be available through WM/TRU or when enough time has past that things are starting to become scarce in any WM and they haven't shown up in my AO.

However, especially with 21C's paint and manufacturing quality control problems, I prefer to see what I'm buying before I buy it, whenever possible. In my experience, large aircraft (e.g., BBI F-18 and F-16) do not ship well: the retail packaging is just not sturdy enough, and it's no fun opening a pristine shipping box to find the internal packaging damaged.

In general, I get a different kind of rush from walking around the corner and seeing new stuff on the shelf than I do from opening the box on the porch. I probably would never have gotten into collecting these toys if the first P-51s/Me-109s hadn't been on the shelf at TRU all those years ago. I probably don't collect 1/72 for that very reason: it's not on the shelves, although there are many A/C available online, e.g., Corgi and others. I collected the Matchbox Collectibles planes and some FOV when I saw them at various retailers, but paying $30-50 for a 1/72 diecast was too rich for my blood, and I'm not all that interested in trying the cheaper planes sight unseen.

When shopping online, I particularly look for special deals. A pre-order deal on an special scheme AT Dauntless is a no-brainer (thanks, Isaiah!). I'd resigned to not getting any Flight 19 Avengers since they've not appeared in WM and online prices plus shipping make them much too dear. However, with an online discounted price and free shipping, I pulled the trigger (and had paint problems with one of them).

If the A/C don't sell, eventually they seem to be offered online at a reduced price and that's mainly when I'll go for it. Sometimes there are general sales (free shipping and/or 10-20% off everything in stock) and those will encourage to fill in the gaps in my collection.

I've tried several online retailers, eBay and trades on this forum and have never been overly disappointed with any purchase. Some issues with paint, some issues with internal box damage, but mostly resolved without too much effort or pain, or were minor enough that I'm living with them.

Bottom line: I prefer seeing before buying but am willing to shop specials and limiteds online.

aae
Was it for this my life I sought? Maybe so, and maybe not...

momaw nadon
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by momaw nadon » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:00 pm

It has been a while. I want to thank everyone that offer your opinions. This will be very helpful to me.
momaw nadon