Again would like Everyones Opinions and Help.

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
momaw nadon
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Again would like Everyones Opinions and Help.

Post by momaw nadon » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:20 pm

Okay, back again with some questions. For all you guys that have bought and buy on-line, what are your suggestions to make it better? Like what you like about buying on-line, but you didn’t like this or that and what you think could be improve on? This is mainly for people that buy from on-line stores.

Also I would like to hear from the one that don’t buy on-line. What turns you off to buying on-line and what could be done to bring you to buy on-line?

For you international collectors, I would like to know your opinions also. Plus I would like to know how many are there of you guys? And if you buy from the states on-line?

Thanks for the help guy.
momaw nadon

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:34 pm

Keeping in mind that I reside in a third world country. Badcat is the best, Military Toy Shop would be best other then not offering USPS Priority (that is changing and would make them equal), Smalljoes follows only due to waiting longer, but the lower prices make up for that. There are many others that have to be considered on one-to-one basis. I guess the main thing I look at is getting what I ordered when the vendor tells me I can expect it before I actually place the order. Weird Things can happen, it's only when they become the norm that it's worth wondering what's going on from a specific vendor.
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

mccarthy1028
Corporal
Corporal

Post by mccarthy1028 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:02 pm

I would like to see Wal-Mart prices for 1:18 items from online retailers...To have to pay $15 - $30 more than what we can get in store for is hard enough...Then don't forget about the shipping cost also...

So overall I would like to see better prices from online retailers...

Imagine paying $39.99 for aircraft plus $10-$15 for shipping, that's what they are charging on some stuff before shipping cost...I know everybody still buys but come on, give us avid collectors a break...

Another thing I would like to see is a VIP clubs with VIP exclusive offers from either the online retailers or the toy companies themselves...

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:26 pm

I'd been looking at 50-100% shipping added on to the normal nonWallyWorld prices, until I discovered Badcat and Smalljoes (due to UPS and Fedex), so USPS Priority has been the main consideration for me at roughly 1/4 to 1/2 the shipping cost (with the newly announced rate increases, priority is even better) . Badcat was the first that I'd found that offered USPS Priority to here, (and big koodoos to Matt, etal for't) so shipping is a big deal. We all need to consider the total cost to get what we desire and then goforit it if it's worth it to us and take care of the more important stuff if it's not.
Tanks for the memories
And oodles of track

digger
Officer - Brigadier General

?

Post by digger » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:28 pm

Better prices? Those would have to come from the manufacturer. The retailers have to make something. Planes at TRU 5 years ago were $55, you want them to cost less now with more detail, inflation and higher oil prices? Ok.. :roll:

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Re: ?

Post by chunks » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:31 pm

digger wrote:Better prices? Those would have to come from the manufacturer. The retailers have to make something. Planes at TRU 5 years ago were $55, you want them to cost less now with more detail, inflation and higher oil prices? Ok.. :roll:
Real good point, I haven't considered that since I'm so new to this kinda stuff.

Thanks much
Tanks for the memories
And oodles of track

exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Re: Again would like Everyones Opinions and Help.

Post by exether_mega » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:57 pm

momaw nadon wrote:For you international collectors, I would like to know your opinions also. Plus I would like to know how many are there of you guys? And if you buy from the states on-line?

Thanks for the help guy.
momaw nadon
First, I buy almost all my stuff on Ebay from US sellers. I never had troubles in any sort as a good communication is the key to a perfect deal. The only problem I had once was when I bought a friday 4.59pm M-16... but thanks to TKO, a solution has been found.

I don't know what can be improved... I mean as far as I receive what I buy then I am happy.

I don't know realy how many we are from over the Pond or from the other side of the world but at least you can count a Belgian in :wink:

Take care.

phil

VMF115

Re: ?

Post by VMF115 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:18 pm

digger wrote:Better prices? Those would have to come from the manufacturer. The retailers have to make something. Planes at TRU 5 years ago were $55, you want them to cost less now with more detail, inflation and higher oil prices? Ok.. :roll:
I agree with digger, the only way the retailers can sell 1;18 items cheaper is if they buy large enouh stock from the manufacture, in wich case they get a discount and pass it on to the consumer.

I dont like the prices butthere is nothing they or we can do about it.

My biggest beef is not knowing what in there are defects, but you can always ask them to look for them. and in most cases they do.

blaster_e11
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blaster_e11 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:08 am

shipping costs are what keep me from ordering too much online

for military toys i tend to buy from the states but if i have the occasion (for SW or joe toys) i try to buy in europe (no customs and cheap S&H)

supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

on line

Post by supersonicfifi » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:37 am

so far (since the distribution here in France is cahotic) i ve ordered almost all my 1/18 aircraft from :

- Badcataviation.com (great service and nice team )
- aviatornut.com (great communication and nice guy)
- EBAY.co.uk - .com (great prices but with usual reserves...)

The only common problem is the shipping price ( around 50 us dollars for a plane !!!!!!) luckily for me the EURO/DOLLARS conversion is in my favor - 24% ! but this is still an expensive hobby

The only retailers in France sell for exemple an aircraft 21st century toys 90 euros ( approx : 130 US dollars !!!!!!) that s why i order on line :) even with some long wait sometimes due to the size ..... 8)
1/18 mirage 2000 & RAFALE should i say more ?

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:09 am

I realize the e-tailers have to make there money. :D They are out to make a living. They are not given the wholesale break that is given to wal mart. :? But when you can buy a plane at wal-mart for $39.94 and the same plane is $59 plus shipping at e-talers sometimes it is a no brainer. BUT when Wal-mart does not have the plane and never will ,e-tailers are the only option. :? Unless you can get it on E-bay. :shock:
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:11 am

Hello all, I try to find what I need at retail, however when thats not avalible I'll shop at these online stores. www.smalljoes.com www.badcattoys.com or www.goodstufftogo.net I don't usually buy from evil-bay because of the ridiculous prices. :) I collect Startrek items also and I have a whole other list of sites that I shop at for those. But anyways...Live long and prosper. :D
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

wreckchaser
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by wreckchaser » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:40 am

Howdy
I've never bought any aircraft on line, mainly because I like to check them over in person,for paint flaws and so forth. I figure that is going to change however with some of the new aircraft coming out,(Skyraider) :D Heck I remember the first aircraft I bought at TRU were $29.00 those were the days :lol: The detail has gotten alot better since then so, I don't mind the price as long as there aren't any real problems.
In Memory Of
Capt. Doug Martin and Capt. Sam James USAF
4-18-73 Cambodia, F-4E 67-0281

Lt. Robbie Helton USMC VMA-223
10-29-85 Spartanburg S.C.
A-4M (Buno) 160242

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:51 am

I try to buy from local stores but will buy online when I have to. What would I like??? Better prices...maybe not Walmart low but lower. Excellent service is huge. Fast and quality shipping/handling.

There is a restaurant I go to that has a sign that says "Good food, good prices, good service...pick any two of the three."and that makes sense. I like Wartoyz the best. Atlantic Toys is great along witht the Military Toy Shop and Classic Toy Soldiers. I do not use Bad Cat.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:07 am

Guys I find that Dave at AIKEN'S AIRPLANES is fair and not to bad.

http://www.aikensairplanes.com/21stcentury.htm

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:35 am

Since we have all had problems with 21C stuff showing up in Wallyworld (or to be exact, NOT showing up in Wally), what I would like to see on-line is simple.

21C should bring back the "Fan Club" where we could buy direct.

I'm talking about new stuff, not only overstocks available now. Why not. Who of us would not be willing to pay shipping direct from 21C to get some toys the day they are released?

Sounds like an idea we can be happy with :wink: now to sell it to 21C. :roll:

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

digger

buying direct

Post by digger » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:49 am

It takes a LOT of manpower to process, package and ship this stuff. And that is before you get to the issue of returns which some on this board have been known to do quite often. Also as said, the companies cannot undersell their retail customers, so the price would not even be that good.

As for online prices, they are really not that bad. If you look at SmallJoes most of the AC that starts at $40 in WM are $45. Some less, very few more. When I bought my bbi figs, a set was less than $30 - less than TRU! USMC are $30 for seven! When I bought my BoB II from BCA they were about $4 a fig!! Are we rreally saying that $55 or $60 all told is too much for what you get when buy a 1:18 AC??

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:52 am

Since we have all had problems with 21C stuff showing up in Wallyworld (or to be exact, NOT showing up in Wally), what I would like to see on-line is simple.

I'm talking about new stuff, not only overstocks available now. Why not. Who of us would not be willing to pay shipping direct from 21C to get some toys the day they are released?

Sounds like an idea we can be happy with Wink now to sell it to 21C. Rolling Eyes

TTT

AGREED!

pcb122605
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by pcb122605 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:45 pm

I generally avoid buying online simply cause of the increased cost. Add in the seller's markup and shipping and it can cost almost twice as much as at WM, TRU, etc. I collect mainly figures, and they have been in decent supply around here for the last 8-10 months. WM got that one right finally, after years of nothing at all.

pickelhaube

Re: buying direct

Post by pickelhaube » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:48 pm

caesarbc wrote:
digger wrote: Are we rreally saying that $55 or $60 all told is too much for what you get when buy a 1:18 AC??
It's not on the individual planes where the price is an issue, it's the volume at which most of us buy. $5 to $10 diff a plane over 10 planes is $50 to $100.....an additional 1 or 2 planes we could have. I'd rather have the 1 or 2 planes than the good service and no hassle returns.
Your right I usualy get 2 of each all said and done I have paid hundreds in shipping charges to online retailes. As well as e-bay.This is money that I could have used at wal-mart. IF THEY HAD ANY STUFF TO BUY.
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:36 pm

Being an overseas buyer my main worry is shipping cost, so e-stores which allow be to see and choose shipping costs are better than those that "calculate shipping costs after purchase".
Yes, I have found that e-stores are generally more expensive (the deals some people have been getting at wal-mart have made me soooo jealous :shock: ), but there is no real dependable way to buy heavily discounted stock because A: e-stores generally have less buying power (ie wal-mart) and B: even if you find a cheap / discounted model you still have to pay high shipping costs.

So basically I like e-stores that:
Display ALL costs up front before purchase.
Have a good information, FAQs section (ie international shipping, product availability)
General ease of website use (not to cluttered, easy to find what your looking for be it information or actual products).
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

MG-42

21st.Century Direct !

Post by MG-42 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:59 am

Threetoughtrucks wrote:Since we have all had problems with 21C stuff showing up in Wallyworld (or to be exact, NOT showing up in Wally), what I would like to see on-line is simple.

TTT

>>> I side with "triple T" on this issue too. I think it's a great idea and can't see why (they) won't. :o
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

sarge
Sergeant
Sergeant

Fan club

Post by sarge » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:01 am

Threetoughtrucks wrote:Since we have all had problems with 21C stuff showing up in Wallyworld (or to be exact, NOT showing up in Wally), what I would like to see on-line is simple.

TTT
If they maintain it like they did when they had it they can keep it. If it's changed I'm all for it. Better than what we have now.