Scale?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
mccarthy1028
Corporal
Corporal

Post by mccarthy1028 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:00 pm

now now, the B-52 did serve as a world wide threat, and even though it never happened the B-52 forced countries into submission with its nuclear armament and capabilities....Here's that RC B-52 Crash video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRmg88t35Y0

VMF115
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by VMF115 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:29 pm

aferguson wrote: I think 21c is going to find they have engineering problems with the B-25. Wing sag, u/c sag and gross weight being chief among them. Without using a metal wing spar i can't see how they'll make it so the wings wont sag over time. Same goes for the u/c.
aferguson I agree with you I dont know how the B-25 will hold it's integrity especially the U/C. I do hope for a metal u/c
But I think 21st has that problem licked already.

Otherwise they would not have announced yet, I know they announced the avenger a few years before they put it to production. I think 21st will not make the same mistake again, also it on the first page of their website. One thing I would love to see is a metal U/c and 50 cal. Machine guns.

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:11 am

VMF115 wrote:
aferguson wrote: I think 21c is going to find they have engineering problems with the B-25. Wing sag, u/c sag and gross weight being chief among them. Without using a metal wing spar i can't see how they'll make it so the wings wont sag over time. Same goes for the u/c.
aferguson I agree with you I dont know how the B-25 will hold it's integrity especially the U/C. I do hope for a metal u/c
But I think 21st has that problem licked already.

Otherwise they would not have announced yet, I know they announced the avenger a few years before they put it to production. I think 21st will not make the same mistake again, also it on the first page of their website. One thing I would love to see is a metal U/c and 50 cal. Machine guns.
I wish I had that kind of confidence. I would love to see several different variants of the Mitchell. My fear was their announcement was more marketing then ability. Please 21c prove me wrong!!!
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:30 am

I think they know what they are doing, how ever you could be right, but who realy knows...I think its time to get Roy back over here to answer some questions, or at least inform TKO so he can post the information.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:43 pm

It is the wing issue that really concerns me with the B-25 - 21c barely got the Avenger's wings right, considering that they sag quite a bit when compared to the real thing. However, the advantage we have with the B-25 is that the wings do not fold, so there is less potential to sag. The spar idea would be the way to go with this aircraft. A 1:48 scale B-29 kit I build some years back had spars to support it's large wings, and they have held up thus far. Even sturdy plastic spars (as opposed to metal) would be better than nothing on the 21c B-25.

I really hope that 21c either is figuring out these practical measures... Something tells me they are all wrapped up in the fact that they're so cool for making a B-25 and that certain practical issues like sturdy landing gear and secure wings are not being taken into full account. This is one plane 21c SHOULD NOT rush the development on, and take the time to make it right - despite what Wal Mart demands :wink:

Sorry for the OT rant...
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:41 pm

I will not care if the wings will sag. I have plenty of coat hangers. Just make it ship it so we can have it. :evil:
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by warhawker » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:16 pm

I found this site where you can download a scale converter by inputing the scale that you want (1/32, 1/18, etc.) the know dimensions and it produces the correct scale size for you:
http://www.mksmc.co.uk/hintsandtips/sca ... ulator.htm
I find it very helpful