Home sick? Power an XD Airplane!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Morian Miner
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Home sick? Power an XD Airplane!

Post by Morian Miner » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:42 pm

Last Saturday, the whole family was sick. Since we weren't going anywhere, I decided to work on some projects in my junk room. Well, I decided to power my Langley P40. I'm sure those of you with RC plane experience know a much better way, but I just wanted to do something quick with what I had in the house. And the P40 was pretty easy to get the engine compartment off. I ended up powering it with a mechanism from a powered toothbrush, and connect it to the prop with vinyl tubing. Very poor power transmission characteristics, but probably safer if the kids decide to play with it. The switch was mounted behind the pilot in the cockpit. Eventually I will paint it to hide it better. Anyways, it works pretty well, fun to fly around the house and buzz the dogs.

http://community.webshots.com/album/265161012qCZMLy

I also stuck some other random pictures in there. The two are of a quick conversion I had done to make something like a WC52 out of a command car. I mostly just cut the back end off the command car and stuck on the truck bed from another project I had done, then painted it as a generic cargo truck. The other photo is just some random dog figure I had came across before that hangs out with my German soldiers. Thought I would include it since I was talking pooches in another thread.

krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by krieglok » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:29 pm

That is a cool idea. That will go on the list of things to do for sure. It is kind of like the 1/32 scale New Ray Apache helicopter. I have the motorized version and the kids are scared to death of it. The rotors spin fast enough to take off adult fingers and decapitate(or de-tail) small dogs, as you can see in the attached link...

TJ

http://www.members.aol.com/drkrieglok/skips.jpg

Jagdflieger
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Home sick? Power an XD Airplane!

Post by Jagdflieger » Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:40 pm

That is SUPER ! Nice fabrication !
Jagdflieger