Wouldn't it be NICE to have this 1:18 in 1:1

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
mccarthy1028
Corporal
Corporal

Wouldn't it be NICE to have this 1:18 in 1:1

Post by mccarthy1028 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:03 pm

Was surfing the web when I ran across this for sale....Looks nice, they sure did put a lot of work into it....Hope you guys enjoy this
-Mike-

http://www.controller.com/listings/fors ... 8387544AC2

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:10 pm

Cripes A Mighty is indeed a beauty of a Mustang and its sad to see its up for sale. But you can bet some collector will buy it. BBI has Cripes A Mighty The 3rd on the Bad Cat Website in 1/18th scale but I only bought HHH. Both are exclusives to Bad Cat and both are avalible in limited supply. Thanks for posting the website Mike.

:D
"You dont know the power of the darkside, it is your destiny" Lord Vader.

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:17 pm

Love Cripes-a-Mighty. When given the choice, I also bought Hurry Home Honey due to the sentiment. Naming the stead you depend on for the ending of all the letters from you wife just seemed right to me.
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:26 pm

Hey Chunks. Maj Petersons son showed me all the letters he sent home to his wife plus tons and tons it seemed of pics of Maj Peterson and HHH. The one thing BBI got wrong on HHH was the name. It was supposed to be in red not black. But Maj Petersons son loved it and so do I.

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:41 pm

MightyMustang I am envious. Having that kind of history in hand is to be remembered. Is there anything you can share?
Tanks for the memories
And oodles of track

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:09 pm

chunks wrote:MightyMustang I am envious. Having that kind of history in hand is to be remembered. Is there anything you can share?
Well there is a few things I can share with you. For one Maj Peterson was the 4th ranking ace in the 357th, flew 1 B and 2 D model Mustangs (BBI's version was his 2nd D Mustang). He was born and raised in Alexandria MN. Flew with the 357th from its inception. Was the creater of "Clobber Collage" as it was called in the 357th. What that meant was it was a course the new pilots who joined the 357th took in order to learn how to attain kills in the air. Ran his own buisness after the war. Graduated from the U of M here in MN. I could go on but I wont because it could take to long. His son was blown away that such a young guy like me would be so interested in his dad and all that he did in WW 2 and to top it off that I had a replica of his dads P-51 really did him in. In fact it brought tears to his eyes. I talk and visit with him quite often. Anything else you want to know about Maj Peterson just let me know I'd be glad to help in anyway I can. I will say its an honor and a privialge to know his son and be a freind of his. I only wish I had the chance to meet Maj Peterson himself. That would have meant alot in so many ways but his son and the stories he has shared with me are are the next best thing.

VMF115
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by VMF115 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:18 pm

MightyMustang wrote:
chunks wrote:MightyMustang I am envious. Having that kind of history in hand is to be remembered. Is there anything you can share?
Well there is a few things I can share with you. For one Maj Peterson was the 4th ranking ace in the 357th, flew 1 B and 2 D model Mustangs (BBI's version was his 2nd D Mustang). He was born and raised in Alexandria MN. Flew with the 357th from its inception. Was the creater of "Clobber Collage" as it was called in the 357th. What that meant was it was a course the new pilots who joined the 357th took in order to learn how to attain kills in the air. Ran his own buisness after the war. Graduated from the U of M here in MN. I could go on but I wont because it could take to long. His son was blown away that such a young guy like me would be so interested in his dad and all that he did in WW 2 and to top it off that I had a replica of his dads P-51 really did him in. In fact it brought tears to his eyes. I talk and visit with him quite often. Anything else you want to know about Maj Peterson just let me know I'd be glad to help in anyway I can. I will say its an honor and a privialge to know his son and be a freind of his. I only wish I had the chance to meet Maj Peterson himself. That would have meant alot in so many ways but his son and the stories he has shared with me are are the next best thing.

MM I would like to know every thing about Maj Peterson and his life after the war....sounds real interesting to me at least.

So type away, if your fingers get tired take a brake, and then keep typeing.

Hey your not to far from me. about 300 miles due east????

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:02 am

Thanks MM for sharing.
Tanks for the memories
And oodles of track

mccarthy1028
Corporal
Corporal

Post by mccarthy1028 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:40 am

Hey mightymustang, thanks for all the great info on the BBD, I wish I had all that info about my grandfather and the things he did back in WWII... I know that he was a maintenance pilot and used to fly the planes after repairs to see if they were war ready, but other than that I don't really know much...Off topic, my Lil brother lives in Minneapolis and goes to Auxburg, he also fights in the UFC, Roger Huerta if you get a chance to check him out...Once again thanks for the great story...
-Mike-

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:16 am

mccarthy1028 wrote:Hey mightymustang, thanks for all the great info on the BBD, I wish I had all that info about my grandfather and the things he did back in WWII... I know that he was a maintenance pilot and used to fly the planes after repairs to see if they were war ready, but other than that I don't really know much...Off topic, my Lil brother lives in Minneapolis and goes to Auxburg, he also fights in the UFC, Roger Huerta if you get a chance to check him out...Once again thanks for the great story...
-Mike-

Hey Mike. This info aint about BBD but Hurry Home Honey. Maj Petersons son is a great guy and good freind.

mccarthy1028
Corporal
Corporal

Post by mccarthy1028 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:24 pm

Sorry bout that, i was mistaken...Thought we were talking about the BBD...My bad!!
-Mike-