Alternative vehicles....??

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
kevrut
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by kevrut » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:38 pm

There is a 1/18 Hotlips. :wink:

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:47 pm

we get tons of repaints on the planes and german stuff - why not the jeepsIm all for more Willys jeeps different schemes

on a different note - what about battle damaged vehicles and tanks - the 1/2 ton truck with the muddy windows was a great start.
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

Spudkopf
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Spudkopf » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:42 pm

Spudkopf wrote:
pickelhaube wrote:Jeeps do not do well on e-bay. You can't give the Nam version away with the M-60 set up. I got one at Walmart for $5 :!:
G'day Pickelhaube

Well so far the M60 Mutts Ive bid have all gone for around US$15, so I'd love some of the US$5 action you mentioned the one that I am currently bidding on is at US$8.50 and I suspect it will go higher still.
Well the M60, Vietnam Mutt that I mentioned above I was bidding on went for US$15.50 (AU$20) plus US$15.80 shipping within the US that would have made the total price AU$40 which was not so bad but the shipping to Australia was going to be US$45 and that is just way to expensive, so I have now missed yet another one these vehicles, so if anyone here has one of these they do not want just let me know.

Anyway back on topic the M-48 could become an adversarial tank with a simple repaint as in the 60's they were used by Jordan during the 6 days war. Iran is another possible adversary although I understand these units have been highly modified and now resemble the Abrams more than the classic M-48 shape, but it is possible that some of their tanks still exist in an M-48, 105mm gunned format.

I believe also that Israel is still a user of the M-48A2 which has been up-gunned to a 105mm tube, so there is further potential there as well.
SPUD

Something's up with photobucket?????

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:02 am

the last wave of VN Mutts and seal jeeps went fast at WM before christmas - they were gone before the WWII stuff - only thing sold faster was the pak-40
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:24 am

About a year ago, I found an Ebay auction for 3 M60 Mutts/Jeeps that I won for around 25.00 - 30.00 dollars shipped. I took parts from 2 to make 1 good one and resold the 2 I had used. Nice deal all around.

Spudkopf,
Are you only interested in the M60 Mutt?

I have seen the Tow Missile Mutt and the Navy Seal Mutt in my local Walmart.

PM me if you are interested...
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

Spudkopf
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Spudkopf » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:28 am

I just foun an interesting conversion that fits this topic in a odd way!

An M-113 based vehicle but not exactly what you'd think, "The Big Kuhuna" Gun Truck from Vietnam.

Now that's thinking outside the square, come on 21stCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pick up your game :wink:
SPUD

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:46 am

Now that`s customizing 1:1 scale isn`t it :D

What an interesting idea. Though surely being much taller will make it an easier target too?
Though looking at the photos I take it this was an Airbase patrol vehicle moreso than active patrols.

Nice find Spudkopf.

I must admit I`m not sure why we`ve not seen the jeep being used more by 21st as the base for some of the varients that were done during WWII. Hell a delux set which comes with both Rail wheels & Road wheels could be done.
Carrying various weapons/equipments & of course I`m going to be plugging the British use of the jeep. So British LRDG/SAS (Desert),British Airborne (Arnhem) & British SAS Europe (with Gunshields & driver shields).
With all the WWII Aircraft & Post war,why not the Airfield Yellow Jeep too?
Moreso if 21st are doing Groundcrew ;)

Why not though have 21st any future jeeps with NO markings,series no`s# etc.Instead 21st should do sheet(s) of Transferes/stickers with:- various National & units,1-10 numbers so we can make our own serialNumbers up & of course the various ALLIED Stars,stars `n` circle.

Or maybe something someone with good photoshop skills could do as an after market piece?

ja
My 1/18th Custom World. Updated 15th Dec.
http://www.freewebs.com/steelbonnet/

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:30 am

& of course I`m going to be plugging the British use of the jeep.
I would love to see a Bren Gun Carrier, along with some British troopers and assorted "kit" of course. 8)
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Spudkopf
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Spudkopf » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:15 pm

steelbonnet wrote: Why not though have 21st any future jeeps with NO markings,series no`s# etc.Instead 21st should do sheet(s) of Transferes/stickers with:- various National & units,1-10 numbers so we can make our own serialNumbers up & of course the various ALLIED Stars,stars `n` circle.

Or maybe something someone with good photoshop skills could do as an after market piece?

ja
Or maybe somebody already has done that as an after market piece.............

SPUD