Thread deleted: Dragon hostage figure

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Thread deleted: Dragon hostage figure

Post by aferguson » Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:00 pm

I deleted the thread that showed the Dragon 12 figure being held hostage for two reasons. One is that links like that often contain trojan and other viruses that will attack people's computers and the other is that i feel the inflammatory nature of what is being shown is not appropriate given current world events. (I would do the same if it showed 12 inch concentration camp figures, 12 inch figures performing a sexual assault, 12 inch figures abusing prisoners etc).

I know we're all adults here and i don't want to go overboard with censorship but i have to use my judgement. Sorry if this seems heavy handed but i calls 'em as i sees 'em...

boyx30
Sergeant
Sergeant

I think it was the right thing to do Andrew

Post by boyx30 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:09 pm

It didn't feel right being here.....

digger
Officer - Brigadier General

Pic is all over now...

Post by digger » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:00 pm

For those wondering what this was about, you can see the photo and read relevant comment from Dragon on CNN.com or any other online news service.
In some ways the whole incident is a testament to the authenticity of this hobby that we may take for granted sometimes....
....but agree - keep that dirty 1:6 stuff outta here. :wink:

billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by billgiff » Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:57 pm

I agree that this was kinda disturbing seeing this. For Dragon's sake there is nothing like free advertisement and publicity for their product. However, I'm glad this was a 1/6 Cody being held hostage instead of a real U.S. Marine, Soldier or Pilot.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:06 pm

Very glad about that! Still, it shows how easily people can be fooled (or how much a bunch of terrorists think they can be fooled) via the media...