Who Cares?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Gunner
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Gunner » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:08 pm

I've got to admit that I'm just not into the WWII era at all. I built a bunch of WWII models as a kid, but I just am not interested in them anymore. I understand why people are, but it's just not my thing.
- - - - - - - - -
All of us have skeletons in the closet. Only some of us have bodies in the freezer, though...

KAMIKAZE
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by KAMIKAZE » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:59 pm

I don't like airplanes. :lol:

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:07 pm

As long as the Me-109 was brought up. I think that if they do any more repaints I would have to get them as well. I think the E version has the most prospects. :D If they did a plain DAK all tan in the G model I would get that one and I think that it would be a better seller than the grey versions of the Seeman and all. :D
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

MiG29K
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Re: Who Cares?

Post by MiG29K » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:57 pm

pickelhaube wrote:All right guys . I don't think this has ever been done. But here is the first who cares list. :shock:

Of all the planes we all love and want the big three to build what is your LEAST favorite :?:
I think you guys know what mine are but in case that you have not been taking notes , I think the Skyraider is on the top of my list on things that are coming out I could care less. :?

The one series that I really do not care for that has been made is the P-47 Razor Back. Although I have all except the checker tail when these came out I was not too excited. :?

So what about you guys :?: :?: :?:
Damn, haha you crack me up!
??????? ?????. ?????? ? ??????!

Washington State > Kansas

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:00 pm

I agree with some of you that the market is flooded with P-51 Mustangs and we will see more I'm sure. My Mustang spending spree will end with "Old Crow" from 21st. After that its onto other planes such as the Hellcat and Dauntless and maybe a few 1/32nd Corsairs (Big Hog is on its way!). People can buy what they like because its their money and they can give their views as well. No harm no foul I say. But is it time for some new aircraft to hit the shelves? You bet. And we shall see them soon.

:wink:
"You dont know the power of the darkside, it is your destiny" Lord Vader.

thehun
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by thehun » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:20 pm

pickelhaube wrote:What about WW 1 planes :?: :?: Any fans out there or could you guys care less
And again this is not a test don't take this too seriously :lol: . The anti XD patrol will not come knocking at your door. :D
He Ist Saure Gurke,
Das eine Hölle von einer Frage, die Sie gefragt haben, und Sie, den einige großen Erwiderungen erhält, Besser stellt Ihren Helm auf, und bereitet sich für einige ankommend vor, aber ich werde dieses sagen, dass ich habe erhalten eine WW-1 1/18 maßstabgetreue Schwarze Falke auf meiner Arbeitbank ich hübsch ungefähr aufgeregt bin, aber Sie andere Frage um wenigste Lieblingeflugzeug. ...No Einsetzt
TheWoofer
AKA TheHun :lol:

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:20 pm

I dont see why this will be a "flamefest", we are all smart people (I think), just dont take it personally guys.

I have always wanted to express my deep hatred for the huge cowl version of the Typhoon/Tempest. That is the most hedious thing I have ever laid eyes on.
The other version with the radiator in the wing is okay though, I sort of like it actually.

I dont particularly like the A-10 eithier, mostly because of you guys, I am so sick of looking at it already, that I dont want one in my house! Dont beat the horse to death before it's even born.
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:29 pm

thehun wrote:He Ist Saure Gurke,
Das eine Hölle von einer Frage, die Sie gefragt haben, und Sie, den einige großen Erwiderungen erhält, Besser stellt Ihren Helm auf, und bereitet sich für einige ankommend vor, aber ich werde dieses sagen, dass ich habe erhalten eine WW-1 1/18 maßstabgetreue Schwarze Falke auf meiner Arbeitbank ich hübsch ungefähr aufgeregt bin, aber Sie andere Frage um wenigste Lieblingeflugzeug. ...No Einsetzt
TheWoofer
Sorry :oops: I just had to translate the above on the Google.com translator :lol:

He is sour cucumber, A hell of a question, which you asked, and them, which it receives some large retorts the good set up your helmet, and prepare for some arriving, but I will say this that I have receive a WW-1 1/18 black falcon true to scale in my work bank I am prettily approximately excited, but you other question around few favourite airplane. … NO uses

I'm sure your German is near-perfect and the translator is not quite so :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:47 pm

"I am prettily approximately excited"

:lol: Ha, ha, I cant breathe!

LOL!!!! The translators are something else, you can really have fun with them, if you have the right content to translate :lol:

The best I ever got was,

"You stand before yourself, to yourself, on and around yourself, and you dont dare touch what is before you" :lol:
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

Coreyeagle48

Gliders

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:20 am

Hi Everyone,

If I had to express hatred for any particular flying craft it would have to be gliders, LOL.

The local muncipal airport has several of them on the ground as they give people rides, and people learn to fly them at the airport. It's a small airport and what irritates me about them when you drive by is that they are always lying all over the field it seems. They aren't parked in rows or nice lines, they are just parked wherever they felt like putting them on the field. Sometimes when they aren't used the weeds grow around them too. LOL

I remember a few years ago one of the pilots messed up big time and brought the glider down in the cornfield, which is just past the runway. A main highway divides the airport from the farm field. It looked kind of funny the glider over on the other side when all the others were over at the airport.

Ultralights I really don't like either. We have a lot of open space around here and several people have built them in the area and flown them. They kind of sound like angry bees and many of the people really shouldn't be flying them. Always worry that one of them will end up upside down in my backyard.
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

thehun
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by thehun » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:07 am

tmanthegreat wrote:
thehun wrote:He Ist Saure Gurke,
TheWoofer
Sorry :oops: I just had to translate the above on the Google.com translator :lol:

He is sour cucumber, A hell of a question, which you asked, and them, which it receives some large retorts the good set up your helmet, and prepare for some arriving, but I will say this that I have receive a WW-1 1/18 black falcon true to scale in my work bank I am prettily approximately excited, but you other question around few favourite airplane. … NO uses

I'm sure your German is near-perfect and the translator is not quite so :wink:
I swear i haven't laugh so hard in years , my dam backs hurting:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thewoofer
AKA thehun

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:27 am

My favorite was the translators concept of starting a flame fest:

"set up your helmet, and prepare for some arriving"

lol! :D

Oh and I'm with Kam.. I do have some planes because some of them are so amazing.. But.. If they stopped making them for a year and focused on ground items I would leap for joy.. :P
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

od1each
Corporal
Corporal

Post by od1each » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:04 am

I myself really do not have any dislikes of 1/18 aircraft that have been built. But do believe other aircraft would prove to be more "wanted" on my list.

FW 109a
any WWI ( lets face it, started off in WWII and now we got Korea and modern jets.)

and of course would like something twin engine from WWII.

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:01 am

The F-104.

Seriously. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.......

Did anyone here honestly jumped for joy and said, "OMFG!!! They're gonna do a Starfighter in 1/18!!!!!" When the F-104 was announced?

21st did a fantastic job engineering this bird. But other than that.....

If they wanted a Vietnam-era jet that could fit nicely in a wal-mart box (if size is a factor), they could have picked the A-4...

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:01 am

I for one jumped for joy at the F-104, :D
i have bought 15 so far and plan on more as time goes by :shock:
Phabulous Phantoms Phorever rule the sky
and Starfighters Rule the Stars

http://WWW.Panda-Hobby.COM

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:17 am

I too jumped for joy when I heard 21Century was going to make an F-104. I really like the Canadian "Tiger Meet" paint scheme. :D
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:17 pm

GooglyDoogly wrote:
Did anyone here honestly jumped for joy and said, "OMFG!!! They're gonna do a Starfighter in 1/18!!!!!" When the F-104 was announced?

If they wanted a Vietnam-era jet that could fit nicely in a wal-mart box (if size is a factor), they could have picked the A-4...
I craped my pants when I found out about the Starfighter! :lol:

They are making the F-4 now...

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:19 pm

I look forward to putting the new F-4 side by side with my "Smoke II" F-104. Add the new Skyraider to the mix, and that is a nice looking combo. :D
Paul Hebert

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:13 pm

i think of all the planes out there now, not coming, the F-104 series is my favorite
Phabulous Phantoms Phorever rule the sky
and Starfighters Rule the Stars

http://WWW.Panda-Hobby.COM

der Vogelfänger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by der Vogelfänger » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:35 pm

KAGNEW wrote:i think of all the planes out there now, not coming, the F-104 series is my favorite
For sure.....why do you think the Bavaria F-104G appears in my signature below!!!??? Cannot wait for that babe to show up!!

dV
du doch nicht!
Kennst du mich noch?
Luftwaffe-a-holic!!!

Unsere Mannschaft muß einfach gewinnen, und
plötzlich, Weltmeister Zwanzigvierzehn! (WM2014)

Danke Jungs!!

der Vogelfänger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by der Vogelfänger » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:47 pm

pickelhaube wrote:As long as the Me-109 was brought up. I think that if they do any more repaints I would have to get them as well. I think the E version has the most prospects. :D If they did a plain DAK all tan in the G model I would get that one and I think that it would be a better seller than the grey versions of the Seeman and all. :D
YESSS....and the Otto Schultz Bf-109F2/F4 which is available in 1/32 SHOULD BE PRODUCED IN 1/18.....I asked TKO21 about this idea about 4 weeks ago and he has mentioned it to Roy of 21C...there is a good possibility of this one coming out in 1/18. IMHO this is the best '109 scheme to date; there is just something about DAK which is great.

dV
du doch nicht!
Kennst du mich noch?
Luftwaffe-a-holic!!!

Unsere Mannschaft muß einfach gewinnen, und
plötzlich, Weltmeister Zwanzigvierzehn! (WM2014)

Danke Jungs!!

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:05 pm

I think this is a great topic for discussion - the whole point of a board - right?
It happens in all the airplane vrs airplane threads - if someone gets a bit too excited -well - that is why we have a moderator.

I have no reason to dislike any 1:18 plane - they are all fun to look at.
The only planes that I still sitting at a few WM's here or there are 109's and many 190s - I believe the main reason they still sit is some WM box elf comes and takes parts, opens a box or two and actually will jump on a box or use it to reach for the top shelf. I believe this elf and the sock elf are one in the same as one 190 had a pair of socks placed in the spot where the external fuel tank should have been - they were blue infant socks..

Because of the sock elf - I will probably pass on the next release of a 109 or 190 - besides I already have one.

I am also very bad at passing on a aircraft because of a lack of funds (wallet elf?)
when I finally have some extra cash - the product is gone -

XD sells quick here in Atlanta - The restock is usually what sits - when I am waiting on the next big wave - I have just purchased my 20th japanese marine or 24th BOBII German trench coat - only to find 20 OMG the next week!! They are the ones that sit and collect dust.

These versus topics are fun to read - yes we all know who loves what plane on this forum - everyone has their favorite.

But my answer is I would not buy another P51 or me 109 or 190 only due to room.

I have a feeling I will one day have a F4 phantom II sitting on top of the microwave... :shock:
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

jhogan
Corporal
Corporal

Post by jhogan » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:16 pm

If I was one of the "big Three" of 1/18 scale, I'd like to known how members of this board feel. The market should suggest what not to offer.
I'd think we've seen enough P-51's, 190 D-9's, Stuka's and I think we have a good supply of F-86's around the country. We could use more Avengers in the midwest.

I think the P-39 in Russian colors would be cool. Also, why not the most commonly built airplane of WWII the tank busting IL-2.

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:20 pm

I too wonder if we will see Russian airplanes from world war 2. These planes played a huge roll in the outcome of the war, and I wish we could see some Yaks and Migs from that period.
Paul Hebert

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:25 pm

Sabrefan wrote:I too wonder if we will see Russian airplanes from world war 2. These planes played a huge roll in the outcome of the war, and I wish we could see some Yaks and Migs from that period.
let them be made... I command thee to make them!
As it is said, as it is writen....ok time for bed :lol:
no I ment time for bed for me not you.....I think I am going crazzy....LOL
Last edited by VMF115 on Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!