Rant: Walmart "distribution"

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
gary1930
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Rant: Walmart "distribution"

Post by gary1930 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:55 pm

I check nine different Walmarts regularly in the northern half of San Antonio and nearby towns. I have yet to find an Avenger, any of the new 1:18 haltracks, or the 1:18 Pak 40.

Yet I found 30 Pz IVs (both colors) at one store (none at the others) on clearance sale, and about a dozen Migs at another store, also on clearance.

What is their logic, if any?
:roll:

Morian Miner
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Morian Miner » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:26 pm

I hear there is a Nobel Prize if anyone can figure it out.

Don't try, it will just hurt your head.
Sometimes, the mind needs a shovel, rather than a pencil and paper, to express itself.

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:47 pm

The Avengers were at one store only in about 6. There were about 20 they went on sale for half price and vanished in 2 weeks. :shock: There was only 1 pak 40 in the six stores and I got it. :D There are Migs to be hand red and camo no Ruskis. :? They are all up north about a hour drive and that was it in my AO. :? If they were spread out I know they could sell more. There is a Super Wal-Mart just 10 min from the house and they NEVER have anything :evil: :evil: :evil:
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:56 pm

All I do on this forum is COMPLAIN about WM!! When I saw this post...I couldn't resist but COMPLAIN AGAIN!!!
I went to FIVE WM's today. My wife said it'd be a waste of time, but I thought, 'ya know, these D-Day figures have been hitting the stores since sometime in Dec and NONE of the WM's close to my house have had any, (although I did find TWO about 2 hours from here) so I figured I have to have some luck today!' So I left home at 9am and got home after 2...EMPTY HANDED! There was NOTHING!
I posted here before that if I can't find it at an ONLINE store, I just won't buy it...but after seeing the Toy Fair stuff...I needed a quick fix!! But I didn't get it. ALL I got was frustrated and I wasted more than half of my day off looking for stuff that's just not gonna hit the stores here. AND if they do? I have to come to the conclusion that each store will probably only get one or two figures and that's it, and I'd probably have to hit the WM's EVERYDAY ALL DAY to get lucky...that's not gonna happen.
So once again I'm stuck. Can't army build either.
UNLESS the online stores get these figures. Until then....no use complaining anymore. You guys have gotta be TIRED of hearing it from me!! So I promise! This is my LAST RANT about WM!!

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:27 pm

Holensock,
Brother I feel your pain . :evil: The rants are needed so the lucky few who's Wal-Marts have eveything will know how good they have it :shock:
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:45 pm

Yup WM sucks big ones. It's all been said by all of us on here numerous times. WM turns what should be a fun hobby into an agrivating scavenger hunt you rarely win. It really sucks that there are items that have been released that I can't get because of WMs crap distribution and stocking systems. And the only other choice is to pay big $$ online.:evil:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:00 pm

What I'm finding at a few stores - is the new Mig 15s S2 and S3 seem to be the next wave of dust collectors - did not learn the mistake of ordering too many 190s and 109s. This is also due to all three schemes comming out at the same time I believe - the first wave was gone before I ever saw one plane (s1) Then a few trickled into a few stores before christmas - they left after a week or two - next thing I know the s2 version pops up and is sucked up - then stores get either a ton of s1's or nothing at all. Now the stores that sold the S1 version early on are getting both s2 and s3 -and they just sit. Everyone who was ging to buy a Mig already bought it - then boom restock. I have a feeling the S1 version will be the tougher of the series to find at WM from now on.
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

Plane Nuts
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Plane Nuts » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:00 pm

1 of 8 WalMarts in my area had a full pallet of Avengers sitting at $35 clearance from immediately after Xmas. I think I counted at least 20 from when they arrived. Yesterday they were gone. I am betting that they were moved to other stores, but not a single one was originally in any of the other 7 stores.

Shin Densetsu
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Shin Densetsu » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:06 pm

You guys are lucky. I only saw the avengers late last summer and early fall. Saw none during xmas nor ones to even be clearanced afterwards!

And What are Migs and Sabres? iI've never even seen such things in my area :oops:
(Distribution on the east coast SUCKS!)

Yup thats right, while I sit here waiting for the chinese S2, you boys are living it up taking your pick watching the Migs gather dust. I can stare at the lone ME-109 night fighter at my local walmart and the BF-109G's at the others and stukas corsairs and P-51 Ridge runners and pretend they are MIgs?SABRES but y'all know, it just ain't the same. :oops:
Shin's wishlist for 1/18 and 1/32 with retractable landing gear and more:

F-14 Tomcat, F-8 Crusader, A-4 Skyhawk, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, F-15C, F-15E Strike Eagle

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:15 pm

STUKA wrote:What I'm finding at a few stores - is the new Mig 15s S2 and S3 seem to be the next wave of dust collectors
I think you are absolutely correct. I noticed that myself while at WM the other day. But of course we all know that WM will let these Migs sit on the shelf under a foot of dust for ages instead of putting them on clearence and freeing the space for aircraft that will sell. The same goes for figures and vehicles. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:13 pm

I have only two Wallys I regularly visit, neither has seen an Avenger, ever, but you know what, I don't care anymore.

Today, at Toy Fair, I saw a simply beautiful Avenger in Navy colors. It was just so great looking that I don't mind paying the extra few bucks for BadCat or any of our other toy gus to bring it home to me. I don't know whether it was a Flight 19 or Pacific but it was astonding. Sitting next to to the new P-38 and with the new red tail P-51 on top of a shelf.....the Avenger put them all to shame.

Sorry, no pics of the Avenger, my camera died so the pics I've posted on my Webshots don't have this Avenger but it will find a home with me, when it is available.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

thetatau87
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by thetatau87 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:36 pm

I agree that WM distribution sucks, but you get what you pay for. If it weren't for Walmart no one wouldn't be getting the 21st stuff at such a great price and that's before it gets put on clearance for 1/2 off!

If you want the selection of being able to buy anything that is currently in production you have to pay the premium at an internet retailer that keeps everything in stock or on pre-order.

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by warhawker » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:46 am

Dont EVEN get me started on this subject! I have 'expressed' my concerns/views on this subject many a time. I am mystified how 1 WM can have X amount of 21st items and another WM 5 miles down the road has none when they both get the re-supplied from the SAME WM distribution center for the area!
Im thinking about doing a special op. at the WM distribution center and liberating 21st items!

Fitzystigertank
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Fitzystigertank » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:04 am

I go to 5 walmarts and none of them EVER got the Avengers. I had to drive 50 miles to get mine. It was deff worth it tho. none of them ever got the migs too. I saw the new p51 in one of them. yeah and also we got the PAK40 assortment once. I was hoping to add a few more PAKs in my collection. as for the D Day figs I got all of them but haven't seen them since. a few of them still have Bob figures. They got alot of 32X planes in stock. So oh yeah WM distribution SUX!!!!!

Shin Densetsu
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Shin Densetsu » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:28 am

thetatau87 wrote:I agree that WM distribution sucks, but you get what you pay for. If it weren't for Walmart no one wouldn't be getting the 21st stuff at such a great price and that's before it gets put on clearance for 1/2 off!

If you want the selection of being able to buy anything that is currently in production you have to pay the premium at an internet retailer that keeps everything in stock or on pre-order.

See thats just the thing though, we want to buy the toys, but with walmarts distribution sometimes no one can literally even find the product to buy!
Shin's wishlist for 1/18 and 1/32 with retractable landing gear and more:

F-14 Tomcat, F-8 Crusader, A-4 Skyhawk, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, F-15C, F-15E Strike Eagle

hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by hotrodrock » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:57 pm

Just before Christmas, I counted 14 of the tiger stripe Migs (no other planes though) at the WM in Lake Elsinore, CA. All 14 are still there nearly two months later. WM's distribution scheme is as mysterious as the Sphinx.

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:49 pm

Hello all. With all the complaining we all do on this forum about the huge EVIL-EMPIRE, ie, wal-mart, you would think that something could be done so that us collectors of 21st, bbi, adm, and other fine products could get our stuff. Wallys doesn't give a rat spit about nobody but there own bank-account... :evil: :evil: :evil: I live in Columbus Oh, and within ten minutes drive we have four different wallys in diff directins. None of them hardly ever have anything. Most of my collection has been purchased on-line(and I have a nice size collection). I have said this before and I'll say it again, that I'm willing to pay more for my X/D if it would be made more avalible to the online venders,(bad-cat, smalljoes, etc).. I understand that 21st needs the large dist to maintain its buisness, but on the other hand, if the reason 21st and others are in the buisness to make money wouldn't it stand to reason that they would deal with the little guys also. :? Man it feels good to rant a little. :)
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:06 pm

...Or if 21C and WM have a deal where 21C CAN'T sell the new D-Day figures at small Online stores...then maybe 21C and tko can CONVINCE WM to SELL these figures at the WM Online store!!! AND...maybe 21C can CONVINCE WM that since their distribution has been UNFAIR in selling XD at ALL their stores, that WM SHOULD SELL XD on their WM ONLINE STORE! Then WE ALL can benefit with purchasing XD!!!

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:14 pm

Perhaps if we all quit shopping at WM our problems would be solved. We could support the small online retailers.
It will probably never happen-but it is a thought.
Todd

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:18 pm

Holensock wrote;

"...Or if 21C and WM have a deal where 21C CAN'T sell the new D-Day figures at small Online stores...then maybe 21C and tko can CONVINCE WM to SELL these figures at the WM Online store!!! AND...maybe 21C can CONVINCE WM that since their distribution has been UNFAIR in selling XD at ALL their stores, that WM SHOULD SELL XD on their WM ONLINE
STORE! Then WE ALL can benefit with purchasing XD!!!"

AMEN!!!!
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

bdr_ws6
Corporal
Corporal

Post by bdr_ws6 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:39 am

Plane Nuts wrote:1 of 8 WalMarts in my area had a full pallet of Avengers sitting at $35 clearance from immediately after Xmas. I think I counted at least 20 from when they arrived. Yesterday they were gone. I am betting that they were moved to other stores, but not a single one was originally in any of the other 7 stores.
My WM had about 50 of the Avengers on clearance too ( which I picked one up, too good of a deal to pass up ).

They have yet to get any MiGs, Starfigthers, F-86s, or any new 1:32 scaled ones in though.
[imgae]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h108/bdr_ws6/Sigsandavatars/sigxd.jpg[/imgae]

1:18 car collecter for years, turned very casual collecter of XD airplanes and a few groundpounders.

sarge
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by sarge » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:25 pm

tosborne3 wrote:Hello all. With all the complaining we all do on this forum about the huge EVIL-EMPIRE, ie, wal-mart, you would think that something could be done so that us collectors of 21st, bbi, adm, and other fine products could get our stuff. Wallys doesn't give a rat spit about nobody but there own bank-account... :evil: :evil: :evil: I live in Columbus Oh, and within ten minutes drive we have four different wallys in diff directins. None of them hardly ever have anything. Most of my collection has been purchased on-line(and I have a nice size collection). I have said this before and I'll say it again, that I'm willing to pay more for my X/D if it would be made more avalible to the online venders,(bad-cat, smalljoes, etc).. I understand that 21st needs the large dist to maintain its buisness, but on the other hand, if the reason 21st and others are in the buisness to make money wouldn't it stand to reason that they would deal with the little guys also. :? Man it feels good to rant a little. :)
Just finished writing wm about their lousy ditribution of 21C. There is 9 stores in my area and NONE of them have anything. Been that way since xmas. Xmas time is bonanza time any other time sucks. When you ask them they blame the mysterious buyers for their stores for the problems. As for 21C they're no better. Doesnt it seem funny that 21C is not readily available from other sources other than BC and WM. Maybe their customer service or lack there off has something to do with it. They've been dropped from a few sites.
Do you really think that WM or 21C really care :roll: :roll: What would they do if everyone suddenly QUIT BUYING :twisted: :twisted: That's where you get their attention, in the ole pocket book :twisted:
Have a good one. Sarge

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:37 pm

Hello. Since most of us are having such difficulty finding the new D-day figs, perhaps we could all maybe start up some kind of petition to give to 21st century in hopes that they could get the figures to the online retailers as well as wm. Not to step on any toes of course, because I happen to love 21st century very much. Just really frustrated as many here are on finding the new d-day figs. I do know that there is power in numbers my friends...Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky. :) :) :)

shadow83
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by shadow83 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:52 pm

I dont think that most walmarts are going to keep XD.The ones by have gotten rid of everything 1/18 and the one that still has avengers has them for 15.00.

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:53 pm

I check many of the same stores that gary1930 does as well as Walmarts in some of the smaller towns in the area. We keep each other informed of our finds and this works out for both of us. We never got the newer halftrack assortment in San Antonio, but I did find them in the DFW area at Christmas. I did not find then ANYWHERE in Dallas or Fort Worth. I did find them in a little town called McKinney out in the sticks. They were marked down to $17.00 and I bought about 20 of them. My wife thought that I had finally snapped. I am glad that I bought them now because non of them ever showed up in my area. I am going to pop a blood vessel in my forehead if we don't get some King Tigers and 88's here this year. :x

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.