POST ALL 21st CENTURY WALMART FINDS HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
FieroDude
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by FieroDude » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:41 pm

Rowsdower wrote:I saw a strange sight at WM yesterday. As usual the only 21st product to be found was 32x and I was looking through the selection of armor. I picked up a Panzer III DAK version and noticed it had a proper Afrika Korps emblem with swastika and palm tree. :shock: Now I know the aircraft don't get proper markings, is this normal for the armor? Was it an oversight by 21st or the factory or is it just so small its no big deal.

I for one would like to see more vehicles and aircraft with proper markings but the PC crybabies wouldn't go for that. :roll:
Actually I noticed it a couple days ago (the first time I had ever seen one live and up close), and was kind of surprised to see the logo, as well. Made me wonder how it made it past the PC censors, but it was small enough that they probably never noticed. Now watch: we go into WM and every Afrika Korps Panzer III will have disappeared.
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:19 pm

FieroDude wrote:
Rowsdower wrote:I saw a strange sight at WM yesterday. As usual the only 21st product to be found was 32x and I was looking through the selection of armor. I picked up a Panzer III DAK version and noticed it had a proper Afrika Korps emblem with swastika and palm tree. :shock: Now I know the aircraft don't get proper markings, is this normal for the armor? Was it an oversight by 21st or the factory or is it just so small its no big deal.

I for one would like to see more vehicles and aircraft with proper markings but the PC crybabies wouldn't go for that. :roll:
Actually I noticed it a couple days ago (the first time I had ever seen one live and up close), and was kind of surprised to see the logo, as well. Made me wonder how it made it past the PC censors, but it was small enough that they probably never noticed. Now watch: we go into WM and every Afrika Korps Panzer III will have disappeared.
This isn't the first 21c vehicle with the swastika printed right on. The first Cold Steel Panzer III E (with the short-barreled main gun) was an Afrika Korps tank and had the swastika/palm tree logo on the front - it was even larger than the logo on the current DAK Panzer III.

I guess the swastika gets past the censors because its melded with a palm tree and not standing alone as on an aircraft tail.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:02 pm

FieroDude wrote:Now watch: we go into WM and every Afrika Korps Panzer III will have disappeared.
:lol: I was thinking that myself! Maybe we will find them all painted over. :lol:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:42 am

Or WM will put their 'smiley' face sticker over them..except it'll have a 'frown'... :(

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:51 am

holensock wrote:Or WM will put their 'smiley' face sticker over them..except it'll have a 'frown'... :(
:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sanitized for your protection!

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:07 pm

Good thing WM or TRU don't publish History Books for schools!

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:22 pm

I picked up a Smoke II F-104 at Walmart yesterday. It was in the German Starfighter box, and the box was really beat up. I was able to find the toy section manager, and I got the plane for 20 dollars. It really is a sharp looking paint scheme. To me it makes the F-104 look even sleeker. :D
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

C-7A Caribou
Corporal
Corporal

Post by C-7A Caribou » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:55 am

:o Was the plane originally $40.00, or was it on clearance? I found a 1/32 Flak 36/37 with two of the legs broke right off, and all I could get was 10% off. It was the only one I could find anywhere at the time. Now I see them at every walmart :cry:
And yeh, I love that paint scheme too!

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:02 am

Yes the F-104 was marked the regular 40 dollar price. The plane was perfect but the box was really smashed. I could not believe the plane was in perfect shape, they are really tough. I didn't think I would get it for 20 dollars, but the guy was really nice and marked it down right away. :D
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:23 am

I think you found the one department manager at WM that doesn't wait for an alignment of constellations or the shape of a smiley face to appear in the waterstains on old plaster as a sign that it's ok to make a price adjustment.
Verraten und verkauft,
Verraten und verkauft,
H.R.K 1993

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:49 pm

Was at my mothyers over the weekend and checked the WM In Conyers, GA out.
They had - i think 7 Avengers way up on the high shelf for $35.
I asked the toy manager about them and she stated they just got them from two different stores in Gwinnett.

When I wasnt looking amazed at the $35 price tag - she said you know they were almost $70 bucks? I stated well sure but most WM's in the area have them at $25 and some even lower. She then stated well maybe tomorrow I can ask permission for money to mark them down tomorrow.

She then stated we just put out new figures - so I walked over and checked and found a full peg of the S1 Japanese marines - I picked up the machine gunner with the headband - this one has the rising sun! Never saw them when they first came out - also a darker green camo us marine - had a few of them - S3 I guess? they had the plain green, the the light green camo - and this is a dark green camo - never seen it before either - tons left if anyone in atlanta needs japanese.
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:09 pm

STUKA wrote: She then stated we just put out new figures - so I walked over and checked and found a full peg of the S1 Japanese marines - I picked up the machine gunner with the headband - this one has the rising sun! Never saw them when they first came out - also a darker green camo us marine - had a few of them - S3 I guess? they had the plain green, the the light green camo - and this is a dark green camo - never seen it before either - tons left if anyone in atlanta needs japanese.
lol... :) a shame really since some poor bastard had probably spent weeks cleaning the BOB II guys off the peg in the hopes of a d-day dak refresh.. only to walk in and find 50 japanese he now has to deal with.. :roll:
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:12 pm

Well I hit two WMs today. The first had no figures at all, just empty pegs as usual. At the next WM I was walking down the aisle and got all excited when I saw two full pegs of figures! Imagine my extreme displeasure when I found that those pegs only held two D-Day figures that I already have and the rest (about 20) were all BoB II. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I still need 7 figures and it's looking more and more like I'm going to have to get them on eBay. :evil:
grunt1 wrote:a shame really since some poor bastard had probably spent weeks cleaning the BOB II guys off the peg in the hopes of a d-day dak refresh.. only to walk in and find 50 japanese he now has to deal with.. :roll:
LMFAO! So true!

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:56 pm

This is a lazy question..but the back shows 15 figures.
is the unknown figure the 16th or do we already know more - as I have two 82nd airborn that are not on the back of the card....i guess if I scroll up on a few threads ill find the answer...

Hollywoodkbl
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Hollywoodkbl » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:05 pm

I count 17 if you include the two 82nd Airborne figs not shown on the back....both of which are great! Do we know of anymore not pictured on the back!.....I have had no luck finding most of the new D-Day figs.....empty shelves everywhere in So Cal.
"It's not the years...it's the mileage"

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:02 pm

No luck here. I tried three more WM today and all I found were empty pegs and loads of BotB II figs. :roll: I still have seven figures to find dagumit! :x

grockwood
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by grockwood » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:12 pm

I received the new Fairfield Mint catalog today and noticed they have the 1/18 21st Century M16 and Patton's command car listed. The M16 is $29.99. They also seemed to have some 1/32 scale stuff also from 21st Century.

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:27 pm

grockwood wrote:I received the new Fairfield Mint catalog today and noticed they have the 1/18 21st Century M16 and Patton's command car listed. The M16 is $29.99. They also seemed to have some 1/32 scale stuff also from 21st Century.
You might want to double check that price--they tend phrase it "2 low payments of $29.99 each"--my boss gives me his copies of the catalog, and it always cracks me up how they expect to get $60 from a 1/18 WC63 or $120 from a P51. Scary part is, they probably sell some to people who don't know where else to look.
Verraten und verkauft,
Verraten und verkauft,
H.R.K 1993

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:05 pm

Aren't there a total of 18 of the new figures?

C-7A Caribou
Corporal
Corporal

Post by C-7A Caribou » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:49 pm

Finally got a restock on the wave 1 D-day figures in Battle Creek. I picked up two of the U.S. Riflemen "Johnny Jones". Hopefully there will still be quite a few figures when I go back on Friday. Also had two Mitch's Squitch F-86's, and 6 1/32 Bf-109G6's.

Hollywoodkbl
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Hollywoodkbl » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:56 pm

After looking at the archive link that was posted....I now count 18 as well. The 3 missing from the card back are US....2 of which are the 82nd Airborne guys.
"It's not the years...it's the mileage"

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:23 pm

All I'm finding are pegfulls of Bulge II figures. The closest WM to me has had the same Bulge German with the MG stand for about a month now sitting by himself on the peg. :evil: I imagine I won't see any restocks in other stores until the Bulge figures sell out! :cry:

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:26 pm

Rowsdower wrote:All I'm finding are pegfulls of Bulge II figures. The closest WM to me has had the same Bulge German with the MG stand for about a month now sitting by himself on the peg. :evil: I imagine I won't see any restocks in other stores until the Bulge figures sell out! :cry:
That would almost be worth going ahead and buying him , just to get a restock in... :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:19 pm

I know - buy them up!

WM runs their restock on the computer through the barcode - it lets them know to put out the next box in line or order more - I don't know how many japanese marines I have trying to get them off the pegs - only to have more japanese - I swear they have a whole warehouse of these somewhere behind the store - Ill have a whole company of them by May.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:54 pm

Lol, you guys might be right. I wouldn't be suprised if they had a whole case of D-Day figs in the back are are just waiting for that one Bulge guy to sell before they put them up. :lol:

Stuka, with all those Japanese, you should get a big banzai charge diorama going! :twisted: