D-Day wave 1

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
rmoore456
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

D-Day wave 1

Post by rmoore456 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:10 pm

Are the D-Day figures wave 1 going to be hard to get? After finding them in a couple of stores, all I have found is the second wave. Even restocks are always the second wave.

Ray

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:07 pm

Trust me, they will!! When it comes to figures, you can pretty much bank on them being a single or a double release. I can kick myself right now for not grabbing the 21st Airborne Figures when they were out. Dumb, dumb, dumb..... So, if you see them, you should grab them...

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

FieroDude
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by FieroDude » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:11 pm

Teamski wrote:Trust me, they will!! When it comes to figures, you can pretty much bank on them being a single or a double release. I can kick myself right now for not grabbing the 21st Airborne Figures when they were out. Dumb, dumb, dumb..... So, if you see them, you should grab them...

-Ski
Operative word being "IF"

Other than four lonely examples in Mishawaka, I haven't seen any around here. I'm about ready to fire up the snowmobile and make a run to South Haven just to see if I have any better luck.
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:52 pm

If they did anything like the previous figure releases at Wal Mart, they will return in number. When the BoB 2 figures came out - and the repaint wave before them - they only showed at a couple stores and then went away for a few weeks after they had mostly been bought up. Then they came back in force and sat around; many until this past Christmas. The Japanese have done the same thing. I imagine in a few months time we'll be complaining about the pegs being clogged with D-Day infantry and DAK figures, blocking the next wave of new items :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Hollywoodkbl
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Hollywoodkbl » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:38 pm

Out of all 4 Wal Marts in my local area, only one had the D-Day figures so far. They had 13 of the 15 figs.......the Tank Commander was one of the missing ones. He comes with a map and removable helmet...very cool. One of the Germans was missing too.
"It's not the years...it's the mileage"

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:53 pm

I lucked out and got nine of the figs in one shot but I have seen ZERO figures of any kind on any WM peg since. :?
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:47 pm

I'm going back tonight to get the last few D-day figures at the only one WM out of 15 in my area that has them - Ill leave the bargunner guy as his BAR is bent...
and this WM sold out of the BOB II figures right after Christmas - everyone else still has them.
maybe I can get a %10 discount :lol:

I really like these figures - the possibilities with the heads are endless - only if the hats would fit on the officers heads!!!

It looks like they place one of each figure in a box - no doubles or anything of the army building DAK.

Now why have some stores just reloaded with BOB II and Japanese /OMG in some areas? probably tried to order from 21st and the new stuff was showing out of stock - so they ordered that ever sold best or wht was in stock.
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.