1/18 dauntless now available for preorder

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
MIGMADMAVIS
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by MIGMADMAVIS » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:19 pm

Ill be sure to get that ,its deffinitely a must!!!!!!
Great Traders List:

hworth18
raiderad16
razor17019
momaw nadon
jmd250
kimtheredxd

der Vogelfänger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by der Vogelfänger » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:50 pm

MIGMADMAVIS wrote:Ill be sure to get that ,its deffinitely a must!!!!!!
With your avatar, I hope so 8) :!: :D ...what a great airplane to add to our collections, but I echo what tmanthegreat said above, I thought I was finished with 1/18, too, until the SBD was announced and of coarse the P-38J California Cutie, and, and, and :oops:

dV
du doch nicht!
Kennst du mich noch?
Luftwaffe-a-holic!!!

Unsere Mannschaft muß einfach gewinnen, und
plötzlich, Weltmeister Zwanzigvierzehn! (WM2014)

Danke Jungs!!

pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by pickelhaube » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:11 pm

I am in as well. Maybe two. One for play the other for the shelf.
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

JohnLumley
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by JohnLumley » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:45 pm

Holy dive bombers batman!

:shock:

I am in!

Way to go Isaiah!
Way to go M.T.S.!
Way to go Admiral!

Yes!

:D :D :D

<edit> spelling.
Last edited by JohnLumley on Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
One hundred and fifty three - 1:18 scale aircraft on the ceiling looks :shock: damn good!

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:06 pm

FieroDude wrote:Now, next question: should we start a pool to guess how many days before 21st announces theirs?
Only the better for us, 21st Century Toys will make a better one :wink:

I cant say I need a dauntless, if I have the money, Ill get it, I would rather like Admiral to make that F-5 Jason has hinted about.

Will the dauntless only be sold at MTS or will BadCat, Smalljoes, ect. get them?
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:26 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Holy S*&$!!!! I would of never thought...... A must-have, to be sure!!

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:31 pm

Moth wrote:
FieroDude wrote:Now, next question: should we start a pool to guess how many days before 21st announces theirs?
Only the better for us, 21st Century Toys will make a better one :wink:

I cant say I need a dauntless, if I have the money, Ill get it, I would rather like Admiral to make that F-5 Jason has hinted about.

Will the dauntless only be sold at MTS or will BadCat, Smalljoes, ect. get them?
MTS website says it's an exclusive. I don't know if it's just this scheme, the first run, or what. That might relate to what they said about testing response to this before considering other stuff.
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:45 pm

chunks wrote:
Moth wrote: Will the dauntless only be sold at MTS or will BadCat, Smalljoes, ect. get them?
MTS website says it's an exclusive. I don't know if it's just this scheme, the first run, or what. That might relate to what they said about testing response to this before considering other stuff.
I would think it is either the first run or very possibly the paint scheme--it would be too expensive to tool and produce the bird for just one retailer, but we have seen plenty of evidence that doing an exclusive paint scheme is doable.
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

Timbo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Timbo » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:47 pm

That would be an Me-163 Komet. I sure hope that they got AT's approval to blow the cover on these planes or someone's going to end up unhappy.

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:51 pm

You guys are really starting to annoy me. I'm not suposed to be collecting your stinken planes, and here you're tempting me again. :shock:

I hate you.

Where's my KT, and my 1/18 Scout Car, M-20/M-8, or even the old prototype Panzer III RC in 1/6. My job is to whine about them, not being interested in these dopey planes........it's just not fair.

I'm in for a Dauntless :wink:

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by billgiff » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:52 pm

WOW!!!!!! What a weekend!!!! First Van Halen reunites with David Lee Roth and are touring this summer and now AT is making a Dauntless. Life is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That will be one sweet summer with a VH concert and a 1/18 Dauntless in my collection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:57 pm

well, I preordered my pair. I hope they follow through....

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:01 pm

Threetoughtrucks wrote:You guys are really starting to annoy me. I'm not suposed to be collecting your stinken planes, and here you're tempting me again. :shock:

I hate you.

Where's my KT, and my 1/18 Scout Car, M-20/M-8, or even the old prototype Panzer III RC in 1/6. My job is to whine about them, not being interested in these dopey planes........it's just not fair.

TTT
Look at this topic and go through the album, you'll see what's likely the only 1/18 scout car. So at least someone has one.

viewtopic.php?t=6938

oops, sorry had to include the dang'd actual link.
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:05 pm

billgiff wrote:WOW!!!!!! What a weekend!!!! First Van Halen reunites with David Lee Roth and are touring this summer and now AT is making a Dauntless. Life is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That will be one sweet summer with a VH concert and a 1/18 Dauntless in my collection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D
I agree, on all counts! :wink: :D :D :D :D

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:10 pm

WOW, this is indeed a stunner. An SBD Dauntless in 1/18th scale?! Man I hope this is legit. I'll be putting my order in ASAP. Just imagin, an Avenger, Corsair, Hellcat and now a Dauntless.

2007 is getting better and better.

:D
"You dont know the power of the darkside, it is your destiny" Lord Vader.

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:50 pm

Threetoughtrucks wrote:You guys are really starting to annoy me. I'm not suposed to be collecting your stinken planes, and here you're tempting me again. :shock:

I hate you.

TTT
That's the way I felt before I got my BF-109G-6 and Luftwaffe Starfighter.

I started with an M41, and Hanomag, then got the Merill's Maruders set, then got the BF-109 and F-104 and then everything changed :wink:

I have more or less dropped armor and model cars (BUT I am still looking for a damn Non-winter Panther!) and now I am an aircraft only collector.

Im sure you will adjust your feelings when you get a very detailed, or your favorite plane :wink:
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:55 pm

No such story with me, I'm still 98% vehicles and only 2% aircraft in 1/18.

And of course 99.99% ground stuff in 1/6. Still only the Little Bird in 1/6, but I'm still waiting for more.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

Flak Happy
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Flak Happy » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:08 pm

billgiff wrote:WOW!!!!!! What a weekend!!!! First Van Halen reunites with David Lee Roth and are touring this summer and now AT is making a Dauntless. Life is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That will be one sweet summer with a VH concert and a 1/18 Dauntless in my collection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Whats a Van Halen?....and who's David Lee Roth?????........... :) :) :) :)...JK!!

Rogue
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Rogue » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:10 pm

Slow but Deadly in 1/18th! :jumpingupanddown:

This one can be hung from the tail wheel!
(with the dive brakes open of course) :twisted:

Man i'm excited!

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:16 am

WOW!!!! Great news!!!! Someone is paying attention to us after all.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:37 am

Jason count me in for two :shock: :shock: :shock:
Last edited by VMF115 on Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:40 am

aferguson wrote:shhh.......nobody tell Jason we found this out and next time he gives us a clue for a new plane we can all guess it first time. :lol:

Excellent news btw. Wonderul choice.
ROFLMAO
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by JOC » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:09 am

Last time I spoke with them at Military Toy Shop they said something was coming and they were closed mouth about it. This looks like it. I already got my order in for two. :D :D

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:22 am

I preordered one myself. That's awesome! We have a SBD-5 Duantless at the museum, will have to compare them when I get it!

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:46 am

Yes the rumors and preorder is legitimate!! We have kept the lid on this one for a long time. I have wanted to tell you all about the Dauntless, but… well… you know how it goes these days.

We are very excited about this aircraft. The Joneses over at Military Toy Shop are a great group of guys and have done A LOT of research on this aircraft. It makes our jobs easier having all the research done for you. They have chosen the best aircraft to represent this incredible plane; its history is dyed and steeped in the archives of military giants. You will not be disappointed.

I was as surprised as you about the release. Isaiah wanted to wait until after toy fair to release the aircraft, but the magazine came out a couple of weeks earlier then it was supposed to and we all decided it would be too hard to put the toothpaste back in the tube.. No fault of the Military Toy Shop. I knew something was up when I received a message last night here in China. If you have my private line you know I have a recording (while I am in China) requesting you not to leave a message, except in the case of an emergency. When I heard Isaiah’s voice, I knew something was up. But not a problem, you all receive an early surprise.

I am still in China actually looking at this beautiful bird. I will try to post some photos later this week, but the internet is so slow right now. It was going to take one hour to download one photo! I will see what I can do.

But here is more good news. The SBD is not the only “new” aircraft you will see at toy fair. One cat may be out of the bag, but there are more in the litter. I think you will be impressed. I know I am. The next aircraft is a lot larger then the SBD.

Well I guess the guessing game is off for this one. But after you read this, go to the Direct from the Source thread and read the next hint about another aircraft, in 1:18, which will be at toy fair.

By the way, this was the aircraft with the hidden hint. It was in response to VMF115 on November 8, 2006 (page 29, in direct from the source). I know it was a tough one and not that fair. But it was the truth!

Regards,
Jason