Shipping boxes question

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Rowsdower
Officer - Brigadier General

Shipping boxes question

Post by Rowsdower » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:25 pm

Has anyone safely shipped a 21st Tiger? I can't find a suitable box. I want to sell a winter tiger, pioneerwagen, pak 40 and Seemann 100 on ebay because I badly need the money, but the boxes are all crazy sizes, too big for one box and too small for the other. I'm kinda wary about taping two boxes together as discussed in another thread. If I let UPS do it, it's going to cost a lot. :?
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:42 pm

I usually find a suitable box at my local WM. They often have carts of boxes lying around the store and I often go through them looking for boxes that will fit XD items. With all the different products WM stocks, there is almost always a right size box that will fit.

MIGMADMAVIS
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by MIGMADMAVIS » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:43 pm

Im sorry, i dont know what to tell you, but when i recieved an order of two planes from badcattoys, they sent it in a box just large enough, to fit both plains and a set of figures, but if youre selling one plane, and that other stuff, you can probobly fit it all in one, If you want i can give you the dimensions, but when are are you going to put them on ebay?
Great Traders List:

hworth18
raiderad16
razor17019
momaw nadon
jmd250
kimtheredxd

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:55 pm

My local WalMarts seem to have a policy about giving boxes away. I suppose it's because they sell boxes and can't handle the financial loss. :roll: I have some PTE stuff as well, everythings MIB but its the large stuff that gives problems.

I will post in my topic on the BST forum when I have the stuff up. I can't sell from here until March and I have no desire to test the mods patience. :wink:

BTW immeww2, when you find these boxes, do you just snatch them up or do you have to hunt down someone to ask permission? If by chance I do locate some boxes I don't want to get tackled by the Grandpa manning the front door. :lol:

kevrut

xd

Post by kevrut » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:58 pm

Almost every McDonald's has a seperate (green) dumpster just for cardboard boxes to recycle. The boxes are just broke down to fit flat to take up less space. There should be a box the size you're looking for. They're not dirty or anything like that. I used to work for Waste Management and had alot of commercial customers. I've seen alot of people using them for when they are moving. They are free too. :P
Do some dumpster diving! :lol:

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:07 pm

LOOK OUT HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:11 pm

When I moved I walked into a liquor store and a Kroger here in atlanta -
Kroger gave me more boxes than I needed - my car was full and I also got tons at the bottleshop.
I think boxes they ship eggs in are pretty long- may work for the planes?
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:11 pm

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh man! Replace the khaki pants with khaki cargo shorts and sandals and that might be me tomorrow!. Good info Stuka and thanks to everyone else as well, i Appreciate the help.

I do have one big box, I'm going to make up a lot on evilBay. All mint in box or on card. With a Pak-40, Pioneerpanzerwagen, the BBI Recon jeep with all the MGs and the recoiless rifle, PTE Horse, watchtower and Bunk sets, and four Market Garden figures.
Check my advert in BST later tonight or tomorrow. 8)

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:05 am

Rowsdower wrote:BTW immeww2, when you find these boxes, do you just snatch them up or do you have to hunt down someone to ask permission? If by chance I do locate some boxes I don't want to get tackled by the Grandpa manning the front door. :lol:
I usually ask before taking them and I've never had any employee tell me that I couldn't take the boxes. :D