4 for Victory Prize??

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:27 pm

Perhaps they are not registered here?
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

Razor17019
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Razor17019 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:01 pm

tko211 wrote:Ok so we have 4 people so far...

Kevrut
Mighty Mustang
Lefty
Rogue

anyone else. There has to be more than that!
That's RAZOR not Rogue...
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:54 pm

Actually, we have Rogue AND Razor who are aces... So I missed you Razor... Sorry. :oops: Are you REALLY the 5th member? wow when did GPXD start up anyway? I used to lurk as a non registered member back in 2003-2004.

So back to the Aces on this board. So far we have 5.

Kevrut
Mighty Mustang
Lefty
Rouge
Razor

(I think I remember seeing Mr. Lumley as an ace as well) He would be number 6 from our group.
Last edited by tko211 on Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rogue
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Rogue » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:57 pm

Thats OK TKO! I wasn't offended. :P

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:42 pm

No offense to Rogue or TKO - I think we should have more Aces on the board than 6.
How many total Aces were there , TKO?

How many Tender Terrors were made?

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:59 pm

tko211 wrote:Are you REALLY the 5th member? wow when did GPXD start up anyway? I used to lurk as a non registered member back in 2003-2004.
TKO,
Yes, 5th member in an elite squad of hard hitting, van driving, no nonsense, 1/18th collecting guys that aren't afraid of anything! Even shady Walmarts in a bad part of town. If it means somewhere a clearanced 1/18 XD item gets found, it's all worth it!
To quote another member of the XD-TEAM - "I pity the fool that don't love Xtreme Detail, now let me blow something 1/18 scale up!"

aae83
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by aae83 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:03 pm

I believe I am on the 4 for Victory list, as well, though I have not received a confirmation of my address, or any recent email to that effect from 21st Century. (It would be very reassuring to receive some contact on the matter, tko. :) ) Am keeping my fingers crossed that it will just show up on my doorstep someday soon.

My original entry was lost but, thankfully, I still had a copy of my entry which was accepted (long ago) by a particularly helpful individual at 21st.

Am looking forward to the special Mustang; with eight Doras, it'll be in a definite target-rich environment.

aae83

tko211

Post by tko211 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:53 pm

This is a long read but I think most people who have questions about the value or rarity will find it interesting. If you are an ACE you MUST read it to determine the fate of your plane for would be sellers of ebay! and a MUST for anyone who might think about trying to get one on ebay.

I think there are a couple members who have not or do not check in as regular as the rest of us. As to the exact number of the Aces... I am under contract not to disclose that intel. It falls under the "Industry Insider Security" docs that I signed as AREA-21 pres.

But lets just say this there were really only about 1000 - 800 Dora's left on shelves around the time of the promotion launch. So there was only that many to be picked up by would be Aces... In a grand scheme of things. The Ace group is healthy but indeed limited by normal production runs.

I expect that only about 10 members of this forum (that post / communicate anyway) are Aces. I know we GPXD members don not want to hear it or believe it but we really only represent a small percentage of the customer base. WM has really opened up our hobby and allowed for more projects than ever. So about 8 to 10 Aces that post here actually sounds about right from the Ace group.
The group is not huge Really it isn't. Lets just say it did what 21c was hoping it would do and leave it at that.

Here is the real cool part to think about though. Take a limited group and lets just assume that for a moment that all single aces intend to keep the Terrors in private Ace collections. There were only a handful of Double Aces like... our buddy Kevrut for example.

Take a plane that built for a specific promotion + add in that the only way to get one was to participate + imagine a limited supply of Doras to kill means a limited number of allowed Aces + the fact that the Terrors are each registered and bulit to an Ace with accompany certificate + then you figure / assume that only these handful of double aces decide to put one up on the auction block = IT means this is going to be one hot plane IF one even makes it to auction!

I am a HUGE ford Mustang fan so lets look at it this way. Do a search for a resored factory condition Ford Mustang 67 fastback. You would expect to pay oh... 30-40K for a nice car like that!
This would be like a 1:18 snake stuka right now for comparrison sake.

Then do a search for a REAL (not a clone or look-a-like) but real registered 67 SHELBY GT 500 Ford Mustang, the price shoots to 200K or more!
This is Tender Terror folks... Not many on the market, had to spend more and go for an instant collectable "low run" protected paint scheme P-51D mustang... It had the makings of being more valuable than the 4 doras the day you mailed in the UPC codes. I know some people knocked the program, and that is fine... Not everyone sees a need or wants to own a rare collector piece like this... Thats fine. 21c did this deliberately for 3 reasons. #1 to move old product, sure! #2 But THEY knew going into it that it would only have the ability to host a small select group so why do it? Partly to create history! These planes and the Aces will have become stuff of legend! The Terror planes will come to be soken of with a sort of envy for serious collectors. # 3 Publicity!!! and believe me we will be talking about the 4 for V planes for years to come! Whenever a thread comes up and it says "what is your most valuable piece in your collection"... well Tender Terror will pretty much trump anything! gotta love those bragging rights!

Remeber aces that the 4 for V planes are not "contest / give away planes" or "rare one or two of a kind projects". This is a LIMITED LIMITED LIMITED production run airplane built and recored for an individual. Each person had to invest serious time, money, patience, and more patience. Each Ace EARNED and WANTED to own a piece of 1:18 collecting market. 21c gets to make history and this promotion will become the stuff of legend and come to serve as the plane we will continue to talk about for years to come.

BEWARE of SCAMMERS!!!!! DO NOT under any circumstances attempt to buy or build a replica to be passed off or sold as an original! DEMAND to see and be provided the certificate of authenticity. That is the only way to 100% ensure the product is legit! If it doesn't have a certificate it isn't worth more than 40 bucks!

Aces: KEEP YOUR Documentation on your plane(s) always. Your Terror is only worth 40 bucks without it! It is the only way to ensure your plane is legit. As a back-up Myself and 21c management have the registration list. IF you suspect you might be buying a fake plane e-mail me or 21c. Tell me the sellers first and last name. IF it doens't match or we can't trace it's origin well good luck on your risky investment. New owners of Terrors should seek to have 21c record the selling off of planes to preserve the origin of the planes in the future should you choose to sell it off.

Personlly I keep checking and hoping that someone is going to go the auction route! I am dying to see what happens to that! The best part is that what ever it sells for will be the first indication of where the value starts. From there demand will grow, supply will shrink and the myth starts to take hold. I really just can't express to you enough that these planes are so totally rare! If you are ever in the presence of an ACE collector ask to see The Tender Terror it might be one of the only times you will ever see one in person!

a side note: 3 Tender Terrors are all that exist outside of the ACE group that serve as part of the private 21c Collection portfolio.

Again- Congrats to the Aces! I wanna see some picks of them as they show up. In boxes or out is fine both ways! The in-box or out-box condition will not hurt values. Loosing your certificate WILL hurt the value. The wire ties twist ya know, so as long as you don't install the scre cap covers unser the wing the plane can always be packed back down into the box. No harm! to your planes value.

I hope this information is useful in getting the maximum enjoyment from your investment.

LETS SEE SOME PICS!!!!
Last edited by tko211 on Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Timbo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Timbo » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:35 am

Is all this hype really neccessary? :roll:

tko211

Post by tko211 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:55 am

Is the hype needed

Not if you don't own one or hope to buy one if one goes to auction I guess?

For those people who have paid the price money wise and time wise I think so! I would want to know all about what I invested 160 bucks and a year of waiting into. I would also want to fully understand day one of receiving my plane what it might be worth. I would hate for someone to sell it too quick for 200 bucks and a few months later kick themselves for not understanding it's total value. These guys might be few on our board but it is revelant and as a fellow member, as friends, I want to paint a very REAL picture for them. None of it is overblown or truth stretched.

Don't get me wrong I understand the feeling Timbo really I do, and this is for everyone who reads this. Please don't take any offense as I haven't taken any. I just want to give those folks the due that they deserve for the participation- including the fair assessment of the investment made on thier behalf.

For those who harbor any resentment, regret for not participating, or just don't care about the victory program need not wast time reading the posts I guess. But expect that the Aces will be happy to see and share the new Mustang this week. That is all I am trying to do for everyone.
Besides it makes my life easier to explain it here to the group than to handle the personal messages one at a time on an individual basis. Already many people have the same questions so I thought it would help is all. :)

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:03 am

TKO,
Thanks for your comments and your explaination to the folks that participated in this.
I appreciate the effort and time that 21st Century has invested into this project as well.
The "Aces" that participated in this venture did invest, money as well as time and trust in 21st Century as a company to produce the plane.
I know we have ALL complained about the length of time it has taken to get to the end of this. But from what you say, we will be happy with the end results of the plane we are getting.
In the real world, I deal with different vendors and ETAs all the time. With them as well as with 21st Century, I would much rather have a REAL ETA instead of a made up one.
TKO- thanks for being the go between for us to bug and hassle along the way!

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:47 am

I agree 100% with what Razor said. I to wanna thank 21st Century toys for making this happen and I also wanna thank tko for being the go between guy in all of this and I wanna thank him for explaining just how rare and highly precious this Mustang really is. I love the fact knowing that I am one of the Aces who own a rare collectors peice and I love the fact that tko gives us the back round and facts about what us Aces took part in.

Timbo,

The hype my freind is neccessary in many ways. Because us Aces spent money and had to wait for quite awhile to get our hands on this Mustang. And it means alot to have this Mustang, at least to me anyway because 1- Its a P-51 Mustang and 2 it gives me pride in knowing that I supported 21st in this contest and in return I now have or will have this coming Weds a P-51 that will be the most sought after P-51 in the 1:18 market. So in my eyes YES THE HYPE IS NECCESARY!

That being said thanks again tko for your post and thanks to 21st Century for their time in making it all happen.

:D
"You dont know the power of the darkside, it is your destiny" Lord Vader.

Rogue
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Rogue » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:56 am

Timbo wrote:Is all this hype really neccessary? :roll:
Whiners,
You know what this thread is about, if you don't want to read the "hype" don't open the thread.

Roll your eyes somewhere else! :evil:

Thanks TKO,
I can't believe 21st didn't allow you perks for all you do for them.
After all you're a collector too, I think they should have let you participate.

JohnLumley
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by JohnLumley » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:15 am

John checking in here. I was away traveling since Friday. Just saw my e-mail about Tendor Terror. Scheduled for a Wednesday delivery.

My happy meter is off the scale.

Excellent.

Thankyou 21st Century!
One hundred and fifty three - 1:18 scale aircraft on the ceiling looks :shock: damn good!

Plane Nuts
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Plane Nuts » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:33 pm

I am one of those purgatory lurkers (until today) who also is an Ace!!

I finally tracked down Black 1 to complete my FW-190 series two days before this promo started!! So I had to start all over!! I got one of the replica panels about a year ago, and have finally started to believe I might see this plane!!

Now it's my Tender Terror that's in purgatory!! I moved from the address it was shipped to about a year ago, and so now I will not rest easy until I am sure UPS hasn't delivered it to someone who won't know what it is!! :evil:

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:02 pm

Well with Plane Nuts and JohnLumley joining our ranks it now makes 7 Aces who have reported in with maybe more to follow. I have to say this and thats that its an honor to be apart of this group, it truly is and it means alot to me. It also means alot to be a proud owner of Tender Terror, a 1:18th scale P-51D that may have slammed the door on me buying anymore P-51's in the future. Yes there are other P-51's coming out with excellent paint schemes but for me this may be it. Unless we see a P-51B in 1/18th scale. But I may still leave the door cracked open for "Old Crow" when it comes out in the NMF scheme. Its just time to move onto other aircraft like the BBI F6F Hellcat.

:)

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:37 pm

For the double aces out there that might feel burdened, I've a coupla 190's and a p-47 to trade if it'll help you out.

No thanks needed, I can take the weight.

Just kidding, of course.
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:56 pm

After reading tko's very insightful post about the Tender Terror P-51's I have some questions. Heres the first one........

TKO said: "DO NOT under any circumstances attempt to buy or build a replica to be passed off or sold as an original!" Does this mean that 21st holds the rights to that paint scheme? Lets just say for instance that BBI releases one of their P-51's with the Tender Terror paint scheme, could 21st have a complaint with that? TKO did call it a paint protected "low run" paint scheme so I'm wondering if its a copy right thing that only allows 21st to have made these few Mustangs with this paint scheme and know other company.

The second question I have is what if a person bought a 21st P-51 and repainted it in the Tender Terror markings and sold it off? Could 21st complain about that?

I may have read those comments from tko wrong but it makes me wonder does 21st hold rights to the paint scheme of Tender Terror? Maybe tko can clear this up and I'm sure he will. I have no interest to paint up a P-51 in the markings of Tender Terror so guys dont assume I would do that because I suck at repainting things, BIG TIME. And I dont believe in scamming people either. These are just 2 questions I have because of what I read and I could and probably am wrong. So tko my freind let me know if I did or did not read that right ok.

One other thing I think it would be cool for the guys who took part in the promotion and became Aces to get together. Like I said it would be cool and fun because we are a select group after all.

tko211

Post by tko211 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:06 pm

For MM-

I am not sure of what 21c has done to legally protect the scheme or even if they can. What I do know is that 21c is "protecting" the exclusivity of the scheme by not making any more or re-producting it. So the sort run of the Tender Terrors are all that will exist.

Other people are free to build one for themselves or even sell it as is but without a certificate to proove it's origin it's nothing more than a cheap copy of a real Tender Terror and should be sold and bought accordingly meaning, not a real Tender Terror built by 21c.

My only points I wanted to make were. #1 to warn and protect any board members from being scammed by buying a Terror plane without proper documentation to proove the origin. #2 to let the aces and everyone else know that 21c is not producting this plane nor will it re-produce this plane in the future. Sometimes toy companies say something is exclusive and then 2 years latter re-release it at mass with a slight color change here or there to make it "legally" different. This will not be the case for the Terror planes. If 21c wants to make more Mustangs (and they will) they will produce different schemes.

I didn't want ebay scammers to get frisky ya know?

BBI could choose to make a Terror plane if they choose and that could suit people fine I guess but It still isn't nor would it be the same. A knock off designer watch is still not on original...

I hope that helps answer some questions.

Plane Nuts
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Plane Nuts » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:12 pm

So, is the Top Ace on this board? And what was the extra special parts he won?? It's been so long, that I can't even remember what it was we had to do to get these things! :?

Also, was anyone else on here a sweepstakes winner for the replica panels?

gustav
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by gustav » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:43 am

I'm another closet ace, or should I say, closet double ace! Sort of ironic too, as I was one of the 4 for Victory non-believers/detractors. However, after some thought and happening upon a bunch of 190s on sale, I couldn't resist and bought enough for two entries!

My mustangs should arrive Thursday. I'm looking forward to them.

TKO, thanks for the advice and the updates.

21st, thanks for covering the shipping costs and coming through, i.e., class.

MightyMustang, thanks for being the sqeaky wheel! :D

USCGSARdog
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by USCGSARdog » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:19 pm

Uh, watch it tko. Myself, as well as others here don't consider our custom work as "nothing more than a cheap copy" of anything. In fact, I rival 21C or any other toy company to match the uniqueness of paint schemes or the REAL extreme details that the talented people here add to their planes and armor every day. Not to mention the quality of said work. (i.e. no substandard paint jobs or bent prop blades) :wink:

I understand the point you are trying to make. But next time, consider your your choice of words before discounting someones efforts simply because it doesn't include a, well.... piece of paper.

Now, I guess I may have to do my own rendition of Tender Terror. Just for $h!ts and giggles of course. :|

-Rob

tko211

Post by tko211 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:43 pm

I would never compare production paint work to personal modeler skills. So I read that loud and clear and I agree on that point. It wasn't my intent to knock talent by any means. And I would expect that some will choose to build thier own version of the production release Tender Terror. So for your personal pleasure that would be very cool. I would love to see it! Sorry if it came out sounding as bad as it did to any skilled craftsmen out there! (I was really gunning for the would be e-bay scam people... Isn't there an entire thread dedicated to the prosecution of such an individual on this forum?)

Anyway-

But yes you are correct the piece of paper will be the thing that make the difference as the original production version vs. a copy. the copy could be better, worse, not exact, or improved. But regardless it won't ever be authentic. That was the only point I wanted to make. :D

USCGSARdog
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by USCGSARdog » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:41 pm

Agreed- A custom job will never be an authentic 21st Century limited edition piece. (Isn't that the point? To have something no one else has or something the manufacturer will not produce? :lol: )

Undoubtedly agreed- eBay scam artists suck.

I apologize for my rant tko. I just felt that your wording was a little harsh.

Please excuse my foul disposition as well, it is Monday after all. :|

Soooo......... Whose going to be the first to post pics of their new prize :?:

-Rob

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:03 pm

tko211 wrote:For MM-

I am not sure of what 21c has done to legally protect the scheme or even if they can. What I do know is that 21c is "protecting" the exclusivity of the scheme by not making any more or re-producting it. So the sort run of the Tender Terrors are all that will exist.

Other people are free to build one for themselves or even sell it as is but without a certificate to proove it's origin it's nothing more than a cheap copy of a real Tender Terror and should be sold and bought accordingly meaning, not a real Tender Terror built by 21c.

My only points I wanted to make were. #1 to warn and protect any board members from being scammed by buying a Terror plane without proper documentation to proove the origin. #2 to let the aces and everyone else know that 21c is not producting this plane nor will it re-produce this plane in the future. Sometimes toy companies say something is exclusive and then 2 years latter re-release it at mass with a slight color change here or there to make it "legally" different. This will not be the case for the Terror planes. If 21c wants to make more Mustangs (and they will) they will produce different schemes.

I didn't want ebay scammers to get frisky ya know?

BBI could choose to make a Terror plane if they choose and that could suit people fine I guess but It still isn't nor would it be the same. A knock off designer watch is still not on original...

I hope that helps answer some questions.

Thanks tko for clearing that up. And by the way I know your werent knocking anyones painting ability when they paint their planes. But thanks again for answering my question buddy.