POST ALL 21st CENTURY WALMART FINDS HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
STUKA
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by STUKA » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:13 pm

Lobsters at WM range from $12.99 -$14.99
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:32 pm

FieroDude wrote:Crawdad, lobster... what's the difference?
Not much, but a lobster is generally bigger :wink:

The west coast has awesome lobsters with no claws, ulike the atlantic ones. Crawdads are pretty much the same, though my brother and I hunt some that live deep in a mountain lake an hour's drive from my house. Nothing like strapping on the Scuba gear, diving down to 40 ft, and catching a meal of 10-inch crawfish for free 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:40 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:
FieroDude wrote:Crawdad, lobster... what's the difference?
Not much, but a lobster is generally bigger :wink:

The west coast has awesome lobsters with no claws, ulike the atlantic ones. Crawdads are pretty much the same, though my brother and I hunt some that live deep in a mountain lake an hour's drive from my house. Nothing like strapping on the Scuba gear, diving down to 40 ft, and catching a meal of 10-inch crawfish for free 8)
Must be nice--the biggest we find them here in the Great Lakes or in northern Ontario where I spent part of my childhood is about 3-4 inches long. Shrimp cocktail material :)
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

grockwood
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by grockwood » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:28 pm

Report on three Kansas City metro Walmarts about 12 mile apart

Kansas City North had:
$30 Avengers
$9.00 Stuka,Pioneer, M16 and Pak 40's
$39.99 S1 Mig 15

Gladstone had:

New Figures series, one of each figure.

Liberty had:

12 SI Migs at regular price
M3A3 and SDKFZ/1 AT $17.00

It just seems odd that three stores so close have such different stock and pricing.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:37 pm

$9 for the Stuka, Pioneer, Pak-40 and M-16's have been the lowest I've read. Now that's a sweet deal!

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:37 am

Broken Arrow Walmart has the vehicle trio for $13 each and the Avengers for $35.00, the 32x dual packs are $15
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:58 am

I had an interesting experience at my WM while my mother picked me up a couple items tonight at their WM... Gotta love it when you've got help picking this stuff up. ;)

My mother got me a TON of stuff for $13... Both German halftracks and a PAK-40 namely, but also a Humvee and a beat-to-hell US Troop Carrier halftrack. The Trooper one was an obvious switch-a-roo from a BotB one to the regular green and put into a trashed box. They also had a SEAL Mutt for $13...

Not bad getting the PAK and both German halftracks for $13 each though since I've not seen these AT ALL around Pittsburgh. A big thanks to my mom for spotting these even!

So I'm out then at my WM by my gf's place and I always go in through lawn/garden... I notice the back area of L&G is packed with toys. I mean stacks upon stacks of pallets. I'm not to be back here I'm sure but I go back anyway and look at boxes to see if there's new Hasbro boxes in there... But the first thing to catch my eye is a 21st Cent. Toys only pallet filled with stuff that is stacked from the floor to above my head... They have tons of the German halftracks, tons of the Quad Gun US halftrack, a Bulge halfer, tons of PAK's, a MUTT, a SEAL Mutt, Humvee... And Avengers to go around, at least 20 I saw, as well as Stuka's.

Now, this is all wrapped in plastic so I couldn't get it out and scan away, but there was a lot of stuff. Cool beaners... Lots of 32X stuff too, not my bag though. Something to look forward to... I just hope more D-Day figures hit en-masse with a pile of BotB2 figures. That'd be a dream come true. ;)
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:26 am

Picked up a stuka zu fuss for $13.00 tonight
all Avengers in my area are down to $35.00 from $49.00/49.99
I may take mine back - still have the receipt and buy it a second time for the $35.00.
Then again - they may be down to $30.00 in a week or two.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:10 pm

The three stores I checked today have finished the aisle shuffling and don't even have a space allocated for XD vehicles. I don't mean that they just haven't stocked any yet, I mean there are stickers on the shelves for what goes there and the shelves are fully stocked. There is one spot for XD aricraft which was taken by a Smoke II and German Starfighter, (suprise suprise!) but none for 1:18 armor or vehicles. The place is packed tight with 32x and the other scales. It looks like my fears of my area WMs phasing out XD in favor of 32X might be coming true. :cry:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:43 pm

One thing I noticed at my favorite WM where the major reset of the toy dept. is taking place is that the upper shelf was taken down on every aisle and they have not gone back up yet. We shall see :?:
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:05 pm

One thing I've noticed over the last few months is that, except for the one store in my AO that just gets overloaded with XD, at the other stores XD had been selling briskly (along with most of the 32X pieces as well). I've definitely gotten the sense that I'm competing to find the stuff before someone else does. It's a good thing really, it seems that 21C is really gaining a following around here. I'd love to see who's buying it besides me (kids? teenagers? other middle aged guys? who?).

markecho
Sergeant
Sergeant

Mis-posed - SORRY

Post by markecho » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:27 pm

Bonehead here posted this in the wrong section...my apologies:

viewtopic.php?p=71752&highlight=#71752
It is the dang toy companies that have sometimes made me want to stop collecting toys!!!

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:25 pm

Found the Mutts (Seal and nato camo one) for $6 each..

Also found some Sahara and BOB II figures that had green price stickers on them for anywhere from $9.97 to $24.97 for a Max Rode. :shock:

I scanned them at the jewelry counter hoping for a clearance surprise but to my amazement the price matched the sticker!

Max has a nice camo and the rare MP-40 but holy mother of markup... :D
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:38 pm

Someone at WM is either playing a practical joke or needs to clean out their crack pipe... The Mutts are a heck of a deal, though--at that price, perfect for customizing, even creating "destroyed" diorama versions!
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:43 pm

I want the MIG for $15.00 -
The Mitch's Squitch are gone in my area - one store had four one night and none the next - they may be in the back.... hope so.

Picked up another pioneer for $10 - gave me a few dollars off for a broken wheel. I have one for extra parts now.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:14 am

STUKA wrote:The Mitch's Squitch are gone in my area - one store had four one night and none the next - they may be in the back.... hope so.
Yeah, the same thing happened at a store in my area. They had alot of 21c one day - on the order of 6 "Mitch's Squitch" F-86s, 3 NK Mig-15s, 3 ME-109Gs, a Stuka and a Corsair (and this is after the Christmas rush) - and then practically nothing! The only 1:18 items are a busted RC Panzer IVH and a few Japanese troops. The planes have got to be in back for reorganization as I highly doubt they could have sold them in a couple days unless the planes were heavily discounted. This store has not often discounted its items in the past. However, one never knows with Wal Mart...
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:18 pm

Nice finds, Grognard! Lowest price I've seen for the short gun Panzer is $30, but I already had two by then. I've yet to see Migs up here.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:20 pm

On my trip to WM today I nearly missed nine of the new figures hidden between 1/6 weapons packs. I emptied the rack and bought all nine, no doubles. Have all fifteen figures been released? If so, is there a list of names someone can point me to?
Last edited by Rowsdower on Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:21 pm

Cool beans, Rowsdower - you finally found some!

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:59 pm

Lol. :lol: Funny thing was how I passed right by them at first. I think I did the classic double take when I did notice them. But Now I need to find the rest!

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:27 pm

I forgot about the SSHQ database. So now I know who I am missing. Sadly it doesn't cover the second series. I am missing 5 off SSHQ's list and I have 3 Germans who aren't on the list at all. :?

boyx30
Sergeant
Sergeant

Avenger $35.99 at San Jose

Post by boyx30 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:27 pm

As of yesterday South San Jose, CA wal-mart had about 9 Avengers for $35.99

thanks
Scott

xddave
Sergeant
Sergeant

XD clearances

Post by xddave » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:24 pm

so far, in last three weeks, here is what I've found in TN. Best finds were in small town WMs.

USAF F-104 silver $40
D-Day Spit $20
NKK Spit $20
latest assortment of armor (Halftracks, PAKs, M16s etc.) $10 each
Dogfight 2-packs (190 & P-47, P-51 & 262) $10 each
TBF Avengers $29

Some MIGs in various flavors still full price

also easy to find the Folgore and Zero kits as well. 1/32 Stuka and 109 32XW finds are spotty at best.

I've got my eye on a few more clearance items, but am just about WalMart-ed out after visiting about ten in two weeks, none close together.