POST AVENGER FINDS AND DISCUSSION HERE!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Rowsdower
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Rowsdower » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:42 am

STUKA wrote:Sad to report - the pile of Avengers I saw Friday is still there today - not one of them has moved.. I smell clearance
XD and especially XD aircraft never goes on clearence here. They will either be put on some top shelf to collect a foot of dust or left down low to have the box broken into and have parts stolen or broken, and even then they don't lower the price.

You can try to reason, ask nicely or beg the managers to give a discount on broken stuff or old stock, but after trying many times here I can tell you it's useless. I think I'm on the pain in the arse list in all five area WalMarts though! :twisted:

I do hope you're wrong about the last large aircraft at WM. They would only have their horrible distribution and ordering system to blame. Anyhow I got my Avenger today, can't wait to check it out!
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

blurx7
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Avenger Discounted

Post by blurx7 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:03 pm

Two stores near me have large stocks of Avengers. One had a pile of about 20 on the floor today, all marked down to $49.95. Sorry, guys.
Geoff

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:39 pm

Exactly, I saw more than 10 avengers priced at $49 today, the shelves are pretty bare in the toy section, Migs and F-86's galore and 1 pak 7.5 cannon.

Tons of 1/32 stuff clogging the shelves.

Palm Bay, Melbourne, Fl area.

DH

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:58 pm

FieroDude wrote:No radio mast... although buried deep in this thread (I believe) are instructions for crafting radio masts and antenna with a plastic fork and thread....

I am constructing a pitot tube for my early generation Avenger using a piece of sprue from an A-10 kit I am working on, but it sounds like yours is second generation. Kind of makes me wonder if the first generation planes could become collector's items, since there weren't near as many?
That was I who did that, and when it is all said and done it turned out to be very strong/ sturdy, I am very impressed as for the pitot tube it did not come attached. I had to paint it and then drilled a small hole using a small hand tool
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:49 pm

im headed to WM tomorrow - makes me wonder about the WM that havent even stocked the Avenger yet.
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:55 pm

STUKA wrote:im headed to WM tomorrow - makes me wonder about the WM that havent even stocked the Avenger yet.
You will likely find a $49 clearance sign where they would have been, had they been there. Savvy? :wink:
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:28 pm

I doubt that - Christmas eve - they hadnt moved one - had over 12 at one close by. Check it out tomorrow night.

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:35 pm

I was thinking more the ones that never got any--that way they can pretend they had them.
Verraten und verkauft,
Verraten und verkauft,
H.R.K 1993

pcb122605
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by pcb122605 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:56 pm

I found a half a pallet of them today on clearance for $30. I never even saw them at any WM before, and now they have them for over 50% off.

Needless to say, I bought one.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:44 pm

pcb122605 wrote:I found a half a pallet of them today on clearance for $30. I never even saw them at any WM before, and now they have them for over 50% off.

Needless to say, I bought one.
Did you notice if they were the "NEW and IMPROVED" Avenger with the hole plugs? Did you happen to get any extra??

*NOTE: The reduced price for Walmart product has a limited time - which ends 01/01/07 or 02/01/07
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

digger

Avengers

Post by digger » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:46 pm

I was wondering if the new versions are preferable to the old, in general. The old crew is supposedly better, and I thought someone said the paint apps were better too. Anyone have a take one way or the other? Screw plugs are nice but stand out almost as much as the holes unless they are a perfect paint match. Thoughts?

pcb122605
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by pcb122605 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:19 pm

Razor17019 wrote:
Did you notice if they were the "NEW and IMPROVED" Avenger with the hole plugs? Did you happen to get any extra??

*NOTE: The reduced price for Walmart product has a limited time - which ends 01/01/07 or 02/01/07
Yes they have the hole plugs. No, I didn't get any extra. No antenna or pilot tube (what is that anyway?) included.

A side question - where does the third figure fit? I see the pilot and rear gunner seats, but no co-pilot seat. Is there a way to cram a figure into the belly for that gun?

Timbo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Timbo » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:34 pm

It is a pitot tube not a pilot tube. Most word processing programs flag it and suggest pilot as the correct word, which is why it is often wrong on box art. The primary purpose of a pitot tube is to measure the airspeed of an aircraft. Over time it has become more generic to describe any of the data acquisition tubes found on aircraft.

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:46 pm

Lol.. and don't feel bad for calling it a pilot tube. When I first started reading these forums, my eyes were automatically converting the spelling from pitot to pilot. :)

I kept thinking, now what the heck does the pilot do with that darn tube.. Take a swig of whiskey outa there after a long flight.. ? ;)
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:41 pm

Well I picked up my Avenger for $30.00 bucks today

pcb122605
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by pcb122605 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:58 pm

Timbo wrote:It is a pitot tube not a pilot tube. Most word processing programs flag it and suggest pilot as the correct word, which is why it is often wrong on box art. The primary purpose of a pitot tube is to measure the airspeed of an aircraft. Over time it has become more generic to describe any of the data acquisition tubes found on aircraft.
Thnaks for correcting me. I am not really an airplane guy. Based on your explanation, does this pitot tube happen to be attached to the end of the wing? If so, then the Avenger I bought does have it already attached in the box, not in a bag.

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:33 pm

pcb122605 wrote:
Timbo wrote:It is a pitot tube not a pilot tube. Most word processing programs flag it and suggest pilot as the correct word, which is why it is often wrong on box art. The primary purpose of a pitot tube is to measure the airspeed of an aircraft. Over time it has become more generic to describe any of the data acquisition tubes found on aircraft.
Thnaks for correcting me. I am not really an airplane guy. Based on your explanation, does this pitot tube happen to be attached to the end of the wing? If so, then the Avenger I bought does have it already attached in the box, not in a bag.
Yes, it should be attached to the wing. The newer ones have them pre-installed. The old ones (most of them, at least) had them in the package.
Verraten und verkauft,
Verraten und verkauft,
H.R.K 1993

beirstein
Corporal
Corporal

Post by beirstein » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:31 pm

Walmart in Milford, Delaware has about 20 avengers on clearance for $35.00 each.

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:18 am

beirstein wrote:Walmart in Milford, Delaware has about 20 avengers on clearance for $35.00 each.
Man, you are getting REALLY close to me. Next time, give me a call and drop by, really!! I'd love to meet another XD guy in person......

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

boyx30
Sergeant
Sergeant

Clearance

Post by boyx30 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:16 am

Hello All,

Wal-Mart in South San Jose, CA had about 20 plus for $39.00

good hunting and best wishes!!!!

Thanks

Boyx30

tmanthegreat

Re: Clearance

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:41 am

boyx30 wrote:Hello All,

Wal-Mart in South San Jose, CA had about 20 plus for $39.00

good hunting and best wishes!!!!

Thanks

Boyx30
OK, so now thats Wal Marts to the north and south of me that have 20+ Avengers - why can't the Fresno area get even one?

Not that I need it, just I'd like to see a pile of 20 Avengers 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

MK
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MK » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:50 pm

Then I won't mention Ceres Walmart has a pallet full for 39.99... crud, I already did. Needless to say, I picked one up and some D-Day figures. The second version looks great with the plugged holes. I may box up the old one and take it back. :twisted:

:wink:

MK

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:12 pm

MK wrote:Then I won't mention Ceres Walmart has a pallet full for 39.99... crud, I already did. Needless to say, I picked one up and some D-Day figures. The second version looks great with the plugged holes. I may box up the old one and take it back. :twisted:

:wink:

MK
Actually, I have been thinking that if I can find a couple of the new ones on clearance, I just may break out the airbrush and not have to wait for the Flight 19 release :D
Verraten und verkauft,
Verraten und verkauft,
H.R.K 1993

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:37 pm

OK, now I'll eat my earlier words...

I came across 3 Avengers in the Fresno area, just they are at the Hobbytown USA store. The planes are the plugged variant in the Atlantic scheme, which looks alot better with the screw-holes covered :D

The planes were priced at $84.95. They seem to have the funny wing-joints that others have mentioned on the "improved" planes and on a couple the rudder had come detached and was loose in the box, but there were Avengers in my town for once!!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."