INTERVIEW WITH JASON FROM ADMIRAL TOYS!!!!!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Spudkopf
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Spudkopf » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:02 am

Jason wrote:

"That is not too far off. Maybe that is a hint about this aircraft? "

"too far off" could mean a not much of a delay or in other words a small lag in time, so again I now say LaGG La 5 or La 7 are likely and a the LaGG La11 is less likely but probable.

The La-5 can be done in a Luftwaffe repaint also!

What that saying about a picture and a 1000 worlds well I think it’s working here.
SPUD

Something's up with photobucket?????

pierce
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by pierce » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:36 am

looks like a P-51
Go Ravens!!

Spudkopf
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Spudkopf » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:41 am

Sorry to chop and change so much but when you have a good close up look there is what looks like cowl flaps that possibly extend to the whole circumference of what looks like a circular cross sectioned fuselage.

Sadly this rules out the CAC Boomerang

There also seems to be the hint of an exhaust, panel or grill in the top left hand corner.

Jason I hope you don't mind but I have enlarged and increased to amount of contrast in your original shot so everyone else can see what I see if this is not OK I will get the image removed.

SPUD

Spudkopf
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Spudkopf » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:57 am

My last post as I am off to bed, I have now studied the above image intently and now I am thinking it may well be a Ki-43 Hayabusa (Oscar).

This would explain the quite large wing filet faring and there is a access panel or foot/hand hold in about the right place.

You can not see the oil cooler under the cowl but this may be out of shot due to the extreme close up view and the 3/4 front view at which the photo was taken.

I understand that only the Zero was built in greater numbers.

I cant get this out of his last hint tough and it did not apear in the previous aircraft summary!?!
SPUD

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:27 am

Damn it! I am at my classroom now and I cannot see any privately hosted photos. Stupid child protection software! This is gonna kill me till I get home.
However, I do hope it is a Texan. I have many a fond memory of watching the Harvards at the Geneseo Warbird Show with my dad when I was a nipper. As well, for a boy from Buffalo, Larry Bell's P-39 would be great. This could also mean a chance for us to see a Ruskie repaint. I do feel like a little kid at Christmas.
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Spudkopf

Post by flpickupman » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:53 am

The wheel well is in the right place. Anyone know of another aircraft that has a wheel well that far forward?
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:24 am

It's not going to be a harvard/texan.....

Oscar was a good guess but after looking at pics it's not an Oscar......you'd be able to see a bit of the chin scoop under the wing root. Unless of course the model is not finished in the picture we're looking at and there are still more parts to be added.. :?

I really thought i'd be able to identify the plane from that scrap of a picture but so far i'm stumped.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

FieroDude
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by FieroDude » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:42 am

After looking through some pictures I have here at work, I am really starting to think "Dauntless"... too bad I can't find anything close to the same angle.
Of course, I also thought the million dollars was in case #17, too.
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:09 am

can't be dauntlass......you'd see the trailing edge of the cowl in that picture if it were.

Jackson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Re: Spudkopf

Post by Jackson » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:33 am

flpickupman wrote:The wheel well is in the right place. Anyone know of another aircraft that has a wheel well that far forward?
The Curtiss Helliver but please be a Dauntless if it has to be Allied- give me a Mig-3 or a Yak 9 even a Ki-61 or a Nakajima B6N2 torpedo bird! We need a Ruski bird of any flavor....

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by warhawker » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:40 am

Wow, I go away for a few days and BAM, this thread blew up!!
I would like to submit the following argument:
Since he mentioned that he would like the hint as well as the aircraft, I submit Exibit A - Thread #1.
viewtopic.php?t=3086&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=80
In this thread Jason is quoted by aferguson in the following statement:
..I am in a good mood so I thought I would tell you what our next release will be. I promise that the next release is in the list below. Which one? You will find out in a couple of weeks.

F-4, F-14, F-15, F-100, ME 262, ME109, B-17, B-25, B-29, A6M2, A6M5, NOT A-10 (Just trying to assist the Hunger Strike guys to get a good meal in their bellies, We are not releasing an A-10 in the near future, but it has been duly noted)

Thank you for your time,

Jason"
Based on this thread that was created Jan 12, 2006 8:03 pm, within this thread is the mention of the F-86 that was currently being produced at the time of the thread. As well in this quote he refers to what will be produced next, which we now know was the ME-262. But if you look at this short list most of these other planes have been mentioned since then but we have never gotten a commitment from Jason that they were processing any of the others on the list for production.
Lets focus on the 'process' word for a moment. What does it take to process an aircraft to being produced?
I submit Exibit B - Thread #2
viewtopic.php?t=3086&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40
within this thread he lists out the process:
...I wanted to just give everyone a look at a simplified short flow chart of the process of making models. The flow chart will show you the steps required to produce a model. It takes anywhere from 6 to 12 months to offer a new model to the public. Here is a simplified flow chart to describe the process.

1. Master Model (referred to on this site as a prototype) is produced.
2. Modifications of Master Model
3. Tooling of the molds
4. Then we take a couple of shots (injections) to see how the molds are taking the plastic.
5. T1 which is the first official shot is completed
6. Modifications of the molds after T1.
7. Engineering Samples are produced.
8. Modification of Engineering Samples.
9. Design is produced, what paint job is going on the model.
10. Tampo-printing screens are made and spray masking tools are produced. A tampo-printing screen is kind of like a money printing plate. It is a thin metal sheet that has a cut out of what you want printed on the model. Then a silicon head comes down on the screen after paint is wiped over the screen. That silicon head then presses down on the model. If either screen or head needs modifying this means starting over with all new parts. Spray Masking is the process used for painting large areas of models. The spray masking tools are kind of like kitchen tongs that hold the model and have the areas to receive paint cut out of them. This allows for fast painting of stripes, noses of aircraft etc. Each requires tooling and modifications which equates to time.
11. The production line is set up.
12. Production begins
13. Shipping the product

So it is safe to say that based on this process the plane in question would be in at least step #1, prototyped or even farther along by now. It would also be safe to say that if this plane underwent this listed process that we would have proof of this aircraft already.
Ladies and gentlemen, I submit Exibit C - Thread #2 that proof does exist.
viewtopic.php?t=3092&postdays=0&postord ... m2&start=0
which include prototype photos within the thread of the plane, A6M2 or A6M5 type 21, a three letter word type of plane. One of the planes listed in original thread!! (Perry Mason theme music in the background)
Temp/admiraltoys-zero2.jpg
Temp/admiraltoys-zero1.jpg
Furthermore, if you compare the recent posted photo that Jason provided of the starboard side of this plane, you can clearly see where the wing meets the fuselage with the wheel well in the lower left hand corner. If you notice as well, it appears that the wheel well is circular. This profile matches photos of other Zeros minus the small well cover for the end of the wheel:
http://www.j-aircraft.com/walk/rod_lars ... ero-37.jpg
http://www.j-aircraft.com/walk/rod_lars ... ero-20.jpg
http://svsm.org/gallery/a6m2usaf/DSC09532
http://www.midwaysailor2.com/yasukuni/zero11b.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen of this board as you will see in the weeks and photos to come the plane is a Zero, I rest my case!

Jackson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Jackson » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:51 am

If it is a re-hash of a bird that has been done by other makers then YAWN- and didn't Jason say it was a completely new bird? Correct me if I'm wrong..... A Zero ? zzzzzzzzz :roll:

pierce
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by pierce » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:56 am

Zero----- One name. If its more than one name your wrongish. That clue is your answer. Anything one and over is more than Zero. That has got to be it.
Go Ravens!!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:15 am

he's not going to create all this fuss and mystery if it's a Zero, which he has already admited Admiral has had in the works pretty much since their inception.

Besides if it were a zero you'd be able to see the bottom part of the ring of cowl outlent vents, which are just ahead of the wing root.

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Re: Spudkopf

Post by chunks » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:27 am

Jackson wrote:
flpickupman wrote:The wheel well is in the right place. Anyone know of another aircraft that has a wheel well that far forward?
The Curtiss Helliver but please be a Dauntless if it has to be Allied- give me a Mig-3 or a Yak 9 even a Ki-61 or a Nakajima B6N2 torpedo bird! We need a Ruski bird of any flavor....
Helldiver had honkin' big landing gear, the photo looks more "petite".

What the hey, even though it hasn't been mentioned how 'bout, IAR-80?
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by warhawker » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:56 am

You also need to remember what he did say about this last photo:
Jason wrote:
We have decided to give you a glimpse of the aircraft that will be shown at toy fair. This may, or may not be the aircraft that you have been guessing on. It is a totally new aircraft.
Just because the photo was posted does not mean it is the one we have been guessing all this time. This could be from another plane that they may be showing at the toy fair. Either way if it is or is not a Zero, just look at all the buzz this posting created and what company would not want something like this about an upcoming products?

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:08 am

when I mentioned the corsair Jason mentioned I may be on to something - maybe this is a F-4 Phantom or A 7 Corsair II
both planes would be great.
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:23 pm

Ok I think I have it.

a Japanese Kate... Do I win?

Spudkopf
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Spudkopf » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:24 pm

I went through every pictureof a radial engined aircraft I could find last night a mere 5 hours ago and after hours of searching the Oscar was the only one that had simular cowl flaps, wing root filet and gear wells that close to the leading edge, as I said the absence of the oil cooler may be due to the shooting angle and the fact that it is a very close up image.

Off to work now see how you are all going with this later.
SPUD

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:09 pm

I HAVE MOVED THE GUESSING AND SECOND HINT TO ADMIRAL TOYS' "DIRECT FROM THE SOURCE."

I will not say if the aircraft has been guessed, of course educated guessing at that. You will find out on Friday. It should get very easy starting tomorrow.

Regards,
Jason

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by warhawker » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:27 pm

tko211

Post by tko211 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:06 pm

I agree that it is not a Ki-43. I am saying that it is a Kate.

20july1944
Corporal
Corporal

Spud -- thank you for the bigger picture

Post by 20july1944 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:20 pm

The little picture looked to me like the indentation for a gun on a first-generation jet fighter.

Your bigger one made it obvious it was a wheel well in a wing root, which helped me at least.
Wehrmacht Toys make me smile!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:58 pm

ok then.....let's move this discussion to the AT thread in the direct from the source forum, as per Jason's wishes.