Any word on the rumored release of 1/18th King Tiger?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
nfafan
Sergeant
Sergeant

Any word on the rumored release of 1/18th King Tiger?

Post by nfafan » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:19 pm

HEllo all,
Any news on the supposed release of a 1/18th KT from 21C?
Thanks all and have a great holiday!
Skip

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:57 pm

nothing yet. I don't know why they're delaying. It would be the best selling piece of armour they've made to date. Even alot of people not that into tanks would buy one..
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Rowsdower
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Rowsdower » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:38 pm

:shock: Oh man, this is the first I've heard about a King Tiger! I'd sure buy one.. or two once they came out with different color schemes.
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:40 pm

How do we know 21st Century Toys is planning on making one?

I would buy one of course...
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:47 pm

I seem to recall hearing talk about a "soon to arrive" King Tiger when I first started visiting the SSHQ 2 years ago. Of course, at that time, the Avenger was available for pre-order on the Toy Federation and on BCA's "coming soon" list. So maybe we will see it in '07--I'm keeping my fingers crossed! It's been quite a while since anyone has released a new tank of any kind.
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

MandaloreSC
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by MandaloreSC » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:11 am

Good question, nfafan. I wish I could answer this.
Just like FieroDude, I heard some rumors about the King Tiger 2 years ago.
Maybe they will release him 2007 and we will see a prototype on Toyfair? I was hoping for the same thing last Toyfair. :lol:

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:38 am

Yea i recall the posts on this & like anything I`ve tried to put it aside till whenever we DO see it. Till there`s photos galor of it I`m trying Not to be excited.
Though who am I kidding I`d love to get my paws on a couple of these bad boys to put in my Kampfgruppen.

Couldn`t someone at TUS steal us a photo of this badboy no matter how far along it is in R&D/production? Pretty Please :D

Ja
Steel Bonnet
My 1/18th Custom World. Updated 15th Dec.
http://www.freewebs.com/steelbonnet/

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:40 am

It is a "given" that the KT will be made in 1/18. Same as a T-34, they are both classic tanks, known by anyone at all interested in military matters.

The only problem is when it will be made and by whom? 21C has hinted that a KT is "in the works". How far along? None of us know, and if anyone is "in the know", they arn't talking. :roll:

I'll be at the ToyFair, and will post pics of anything of any interest to this board. Be advised though, I don't usually go the first couple of days of the Fair, so somebody else will probably post pics before I do.

I'm sure interested in what 21C, AT, Dragon and Side Show Toys have in store, they all always have neat stuff on display.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:00 am

Well TTT to you or anyone else the MORE photos the better from the Toyfair :D
Maybe a James Bond type hidden camera for any "Secured" areas though ;)

Ja
Steel Bonnet
My 1/18th Custom World. Updated 15th Dec.
http://www.freewebs.com/steelbonnet/

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:14 pm

[quote="steelbonnet"
Maybe a James Bond type hidden camera for any "Secured" areas though ;)

Ja
Steel Bonnet[/quote]

These days there is really no difference between showing an item "to a few people", and showing it to the world and the manufacturers know this so they are not going to show any item unless they are prepared for everyone to know about it, especially in this highly competitive 1:18 scale model market where letting your competitor know what you're doing could sabotage your development efforts.
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:25 pm

I saw the new PzKw IV D in a PzKw IV H box..

looks kinda dumpy...I think it's the Turret skirts that are turning me off on it.

I would love a 1:18 King Tiger, to go with my Dragon 1:18 Peiper I got awhile back.

20july1944
Corporal
Corporal

Is this KT supposed to have an interior?

Post by 20july1944 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:57 pm

I guess that's a stupid question if its not even firmly extant, but I'm curious
Wehrmacht Toys make me smile!

normandy

Post by normandy » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:16 pm

I asked TKO........
viewtopic.php?t=3176&start=700

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:00 pm

I have personally seen and held a prototype of the 1:18 scale King Tiger. There were a few issues that 21c was working on so at the time it still needs a few months of work before it would be ready to start the final production run in mass qty.

I think the ability to quickly addapt the halftrack variants became an easier trigger for them to pull in the Armor department. I think it just got put on a back burner. My guess is that we will see her come back in a more finished form soon. Most of what I am aware of so far is in the wings department. The Armor stuff has been kinda hush hush so far. Today I was told that there is lots of new stuff coming in both the air and the land departments for 1:18. Expect to hear a little of that in Jan. with the major push happening around Toy Fair time.

So far I am VERY impressed with what I do know. It's going to be a fun year!

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:23 pm

That's great news TKO! :D

Any word on accessory, weapon or head/helmet kits of any kind?

Oh and with what appears to be major success with the Pak-40, can we hope to see other smaller items like a nebelwerfer, MG nest, mortars, bren carrier, etc..?
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:33 pm

For those that don't know about ToyFair, there are regulations about who can carry a camera and who can take pics of the featured new toys.

That said, I have creditials to be listed as "Press" and I am allowed to take pics of whatever is on display.

Now that said, and the fact that at ToyFair time they make you prove who and what you are..yada yada......but if you are a buyer, you can do anything you want, and with the growth of picture phones, it's silly to try to restrict anybody from taking pics, and my son just bought a bazillion pixel Sony camera just a little bigger than a credit card. How can you keep that from being whipped out ant used in 5 seconds. :wink:

As I said buyers are the kings. Badges are color coded and at the Dragon booth, while talking to guys, in mid-sentance, the Dragon guys walked away from me to talk to a buyer and do some serious butt kissing.

I gotta say, 21C and Side Show Toys were aces as far as I'm concerned, great people, they are very free with their time and sure know how to make friends. (Side Show are 12" and larger figures).

If ToyFair is held, and I'm alive and still living in NYC, I'll post pics. Alot can happen in the time left to ToyFair, and nothing is guaranteed these days. :roll: Last years ToyFair pics are on my Webshots.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:02 am

for the passed few years Toy Fair has been a big let down but it's looking like this year's will be much more fun with all the news and clues we're hearing from both 21c and AT. And who knows, maybe BBI will have a thing or two to show us as well, after what's been a pretty quiet year for them.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...