POST ALL A.T.'s ME-262 DISCUSSION HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
digger
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by digger » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:02 am

Thanks guys, antenna seemed much more likely; I didn't think the Pitot tube could work like that...

The 190 does have an antenna for the bottom, but I guess it is the loop that fits down there.

der Vogelfänger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

photo updates for Me-262

Post by der Vogelfänger » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:50 am

Although this post is one day late, sorry, I will post the following link of the just taken photos of the built Me-262 with the "wing" being the CL-13....also included are photos of my three favorite Luftwaffe jets. Hope the following are enjoyable:

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/alb ... 2142utBZLF

dV
du doch nicht!
Kennst du mich noch?
Luftwaffe-a-holic!!!

Unsere Mannschaft muß einfach gewinnen, und
plötzlich, Weltmeister Zwanzigvierzehn! (WM2014)

Danke Jungs!!

CW4USARMY

Re: photo updates for Me-262

Post by CW4USARMY » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:03 am

der Vogelfänger wrote:Although this post is one day late, sorry, I will post the following link of the just taken photos of the built Me-262 with the "wing" being the CL-13....also included are photos of my three favorite Luftwaffe jets. Hope the following are enjoyable:

dV
Cool pics dV. Looks like you have an air traffic control problem too! :wink: Is that an Intruder mounted on the wall? Did you build it?

Andy

der Vogelfänger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: photo updates for Me-262

Post by der Vogelfänger » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:20 pm

CW4USARMY wrote:
der Vogelfänger wrote:Although this post is one day late, sorry, I will post the following link of the just taken photos of the built Me-262 with the "wing" being the CL-13....also included are photos of my three favorite Luftwaffe jets. Hope the following are enjoyable:

dV
Cool pics dV. Looks like you have an air traffic control problem too! :wink: Is that an Intruder mounted on the wall? Did you build it?

Andy
No sir, it is an S3 Viking in lowvis representing VS-32 of the USS America....this is the 1/48 AMT kit, built 4 years ago BEFORE I discovered 1/18!! Sure have not completed many kits since then!

Thanks for the good words, Andy,

Jim
du doch nicht!
Kennst du mich noch?
Luftwaffe-a-holic!!!

Unsere Mannschaft muß einfach gewinnen, und
plötzlich, Weltmeister Zwanzigvierzehn! (WM2014)

Danke Jungs!!

CessnaDriver
Corporal
Corporal

Post by CessnaDriver » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:00 pm

grunt1 wrote:Interesting.. On that photo not only is the one AT included shown but there appears to be a pitot tube (?) on the tip of the right wing.. and. a second antenna just behind the right landing wheel attached to the belly.

Wonder if those are unique to the replica or also accurate touches based on the original?

I think the belly antenna is a modern addtion

http://www.airworlduk.com/2004pix/underbelly.jpg

Timbo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Timbo » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:37 pm

Can anyone confirm that the absence of the red dashed markings on the top of the wings is accurate for this particular plane? On every top view drawing I've seen the "safe to walk" area has been marked off like this.

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:05 pm

Timbo,

For this aircraft it is correct, according to some, not according to others. Some model makers and historians show it, and some do not. There is a discrepancy in history on whether the camouflage aircraft all carried the no walk dash markings. We chose not to put it on this aircraft. We have the tampo-print for the dash red line, but did not apply it to this aircraft. You will see it on the next paint scheme. Unfortunately I cannot tell anyone about the next paint scheme. You will find out next year.

Regards,
Jason

Timbo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Timbo » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:19 pm

Thanks Jason. This plane can be a bit of an enigma at times. There are so many conflicting opinions and contradictory eye witness reports that make it virtually impossible to be 100% certain on any markings/colors. Even surviving aircraft aren't completely reliable since who knows what was done to them before they ended up in museums. One really could make a hobby out of simply trying to research a single aircraft.

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:42 pm

Timbo,

You are not kidding.

We take opportunities of conflict to mix things up a little. We could have placed the tampo-print for the dash line on this aircraft, but we wanted to make the next paint scheme even that more interesting. We know it was on the next paint scheme, at least we think we know.... :)

I must say that line was a bit of a hassle. If you have seen a tampo-print machine you would understand how printing such a large line that turns corners is not an easy task. There are several steps and different machines applying the lines.

Regards,
Jason
Last edited by Jason of Admiral Toys on Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:47 pm

And people wonder why I stick to the front-end engineering or the post-production technical support stages :)
All I can say, Jason, is that based on my CL-13 and the photos of the Me-262 that I have seen so far, you have the art of tampo printing down to, well, an art!
Keep it up--I know I am hooked!
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

demonclaw
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by demonclaw » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:52 am

I just got one from ebay for 67$ (+35$ shipping) :) , I´ll probably get it within one week

Timbo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Timbo » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:20 pm

Just as a note, the antenna on the bottom of the aircraft is for the all weather landing system. Similar to a modern day ILS I believe. Not all aircraft were fitted with the antenna even though nearly every profile I've seen depicts it.

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:13 pm

Timbo wrote:Just as a note, the antenna on the bottom of the aircraft is for the all weather landing system. Similar to a modern day ILS I believe. Not all aircraft were fitted with the antenna even though nearly every profile I've seen depicts it.
It was a common sight on the ME-109K also, IIRC.
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:28 pm

Just received my 262 from Badcat!!! Wow, Jason you folks are doing real good. If your need other conformation, just look at how the other's respond to what you've done. Look at the speculation with 21c's new anticipated release, they're responding to what you've accomplished. That is a very good sign.
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by JOC » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:50 am

Got mine yesterday. Great looking but I cannot get the nose wheel to go down all the way. Feels like its going to break off in my hands. I have another on order, which I will probably cancel if this is the way they are. I have it hanging now. I can get the main gear down easily, but the nose gear will not come down fully. I still need another 1/4 inch for the strut to fit. Any ideas?

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:58 pm

I got my ME262 together, and man what a beauty. The plane went together well, and I really like how Admiral packed the plane. Wow, what a model! :D
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:39 pm

I noticed the ME262 model has quite a bit of dihedral starting from where the wings pass over the engines. I guess this is how the real ME262 was, but those wings really have alot of dihedral. Can someone post a picture of their model from the front so I can see if my model looks like yours. Thanks.
Paul Hebert

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:07 pm

I've seen a couple examples of the ME-262 and even have some pictures in digital format. The one I have pictured is on display at the RAF Museum, Colindale [north of London, England]. I didn't get a perfect head on shot, but you can see that the wings do have alot of dihedral. The Admiral Toys version is very much correct 8)

In the top picture, the camera was about held about 5.5 feet from the ground, which is nearly level with the wing root at the fuselage. As you can see, a good portion of the underside is showing, indicating a high dihedral.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:17 pm

Thanks for the pictures, that is a beautiful ME262. I love those big main gear tires. Admiral did a good job on their wheels and tires. :D
Paul Hebert

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:17 pm

:cry: Man, looking at those photos REALLY make me homesick! I had a ball everytime I visited Hendon. What a place!

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:32 pm

Does Admiral's 262 have any turbine detail?
I dont recall any photos of the engines
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

aae83
Sergeant
Sergeant

Me-262 Nose Gear

Post by aae83 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:48 pm

JOC,

I ended up having to carve about 1/16" from the lower fuselage just forward of the nose gear opening in able to get my nose gear to come down fully. I also chamferred the nose gear door leading edge slightly, but the key seemed to be opening the hole more.

Even at that, I needed to loop some string under the gear so I could pull from near the beefy part of the gear to pop it down.

This seems to be a "defect" of the AT Me-262; I recall others mentioning it earlier in this thread or in another.

It's a shame: the model is otherwise beautiful.

John
aae83

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:14 pm

Gentlemen,

I am sorry that you are having troubles with your landing gear. These posts are the only reports of this problem. I know it is happening, but I assure you it is not a wide spread occurrence. I would not call it a defect in tooling. I would call it an over torque of the screws that hold the body together. We will establish a torque regulator (which is a fancy way of saying stopper :lol: ) that will prevent the body from being tightened to the point of restricting movement of the landing gear on future models. I do not recommend that you try and loosen the screws yourself. This may cause more troubles then you already have.

Thank you for your patience. I can only recommend that you contact customer service if you are unhappy with the way the front landing gear goes down. We have all of the models in customers’ hands and have encountered only .5% complaints of quality control. That is a pretty good number if you look at what actually goes into producing these large models.

The ME 262 front landing gear was tightened on purpose, because ironically the most complaints we received about the F-86 was that the front landing gear was not stiff enough. Go figure… from one extreme to another, we will get it right. This I promise. You will love the landing gear on the next model. It is pretty snazzy. Only a short couple of months and you "should" see the injected version of our next release. By this I mean Toy Fair in New York. That will be a fun week for all.

Regards,
Jason

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:22 pm

I'm that .5% of the QC complaints with the missing screw covers on the wings of my ME-262, aren't I :wink:

QC problems obviously do occur with any model/toy that gets mass marketed and I thank AT, again, for going the extra mile to rectify it with my example :D
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:29 pm

Oh... I forgot to mention that 99% of complaints that comprise the .5% come from members on this forum. :wink: :lol:

I wish I was kidding, but I am not. However, it is alright. You are the customers we aim to please.

We truly love this forum and its members. You know what you want, and do not settle for anything less then perfect. We respect that.

Regards,
Jason