POST ALL BBI TARGET/TRU ETC FINDS HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Sabrefan
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Sabrefan » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:09 pm

I was wondering if we will see the BBI F-16 at TRU. I keep looking but no luck. :oops:
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:17 pm

I checked out my TRU yesterday. One Sherman, assorted WWII and Modern paratroopers and one or two WWII Army figs plus a few from the last series modern figs. Two checkerboard Corsairs and three Old Crows.

I was hoping to snag the Little bird which was there the last time but no such luck.
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

digger

?

Post by digger » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:30 am

Hawkeye wrote:I've heard there is a repaint of the Little Bird. What's it look like?
There have been 2 LBs so far - original black and a dark green (tan?).
We are also expecting a modified LB with insertion mods that looks very cool (go to figures.com) if that is what you mean.
When you say "you've heard" is that a recent recon? Please clarify as the new LB is much anticipated.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:32 pm

Oooh. A Little Bird ala Black Hawk Down with the benches on the sides for troops would be sweet! I think I will wait until that is released.

I've heard the current version is actually a model of a MD Defender III I believe from South Africa or another African country and that the sensors on the nose, the exhausts and some other bits are not correct to the Little Bird, so hopefully those will be corrected.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:41 pm

The Littlebird is small and stores easily, so you can concievably get multiples :wink: No matter the paintscheme, the BBI Littlebird is a great helicopter and very well worth the price!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:25 pm

Over the Holidays I hit four different TRUs in the Atlanta Area.
I spoke with three managers re the BBI f-16, F-18 and Zero.
One manager basically gave me the we put thme out when we get them statement. The other two managers in their own way explained the BBI planes dont get shipped because they don't sell well. One mamager stated "I havent seen the jets in the three years I have worked here and they probably wont get shipped to this TRU."

I can live without the jets but I'd love to get a zero without having to pay shipping.
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:11 pm

The TRU by me had a few OldCrow P-51s, a few Corsairs, a few Shermans and misc. figures.. I tried talking myself into picking up Old Crow now that there is a decal available for the other side, but the landing gear door issue keeps me from buying... :?
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

pokeyjtc
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pokeyjtc » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:53 pm

Stuka,
Your discussions with the TRU managers is disappointing to say the least. I don't understand the comment about the jets not getting shipped because they don't sell. Does this mean they are ordered, but just sit in some warehouse never to been seen? Or do they all just get sold through the TRU website? By the way, I didn't see any of the planes on the TRU website.

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:30 pm

I think they have their heads up their a$$. Sorry for the strong rant, but all the TRUs that I did see the F-18 in sold all they had within a few weeks of them being there.... :roll:

One of the TRUs that I saw the F-18 at was the one in Buckhead by GA400 here in Atlanta.

Maybe if they would've distributed them to their stores instead of letting them sit and sell from their warehouse they would've sold better.

As for the P-51s and Corsairs...the TRU in Douglasville, GA got in about 25 or more of each aircraft during the summer. They had them stacked from the floor to the top of the isle. Went back a little over a month later and all but a few were gone. Of course since there are sooo many Mustang and Corsairs out there to choose from it's no wonder they might be selling slow.

Don't sell well.....hmph.... :roll:
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:22 pm

Well the Morrow, Fayetteville, Stonecrest TRU have plenty of the corsairs and mustangs - I check the Morrow store once a week and try to hit the other stores from time to time - but I have yet to the the zeros or f-18/f-16s
Funny - isnt the distribution hub in Locust Grove or something?

And the Corsairs and Mustangs well - sit -

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:28 pm

I'm not sure where the distribution warehouse is.

I saw the F-18s at that particular TRU in Atlanta back when the first run of F-18s were made. I guess a year or so ago.

I can see why the Corsairs and Mustangs sit, there are sooooo many to choose from with all the repaints and two different manufacturers. All the people that want one have probably got their fare share of them.
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

digger

tru

Post by digger » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:24 pm

The F-18 was in TRU 2 years ago...scary how time flies when you, um, collect toys. :oops: :P

A while ago Mike said TRU would be getting the Falcons and Hornets togethers this fall (in short supply) but I don't think that is happening sadly. He also said the Zero would eventually land at TRU but it hasn't yet. Hopefully soon.

Birddog

Re: tru

Post by Birddog » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:32 pm

digger wrote:The F-18 was in TRU 2 years ago...scary how time flies when you, um, collect toys. :oops: :P

A while ago Mike said TRU would be getting the Falcons and Hornets togethers this fall (in short supply) but I don't think that is happening sadly. He also said the Zero would eventually land at TRU but it hasn't yet. Hopefully soon.
:oops: ....wow it has been that long hasn't it..... :shock:

From what Mike said it may be a very spotty distribution much like the previous time the F-18 was in TRUs. The Zero I'm beginning to think isn't going to happen. I though it was supposed to be in TRUs this fall. It won't be long before online retailers have had them for over a year and some have even been restocked.
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:35 pm

I miss the good days at TRU--when I first started collecting this stuff, I lucked out and got my Apache and Abrams at the South Bend TRU, and then a Marine's Dream Corsair in Kalamazoo. I even vaguely recall seeing a couple 21st pieces back then. The past 18 months, it's always the same Sherman, Humvee, and P-51.
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:05 pm

FieroDude wrote:The past 18 months, it's always the same Sherman, Humvee, and P-51.
Same here. And usually only one of each.

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:57 am

I still find it amazing that for the past 2 years, my TRU has had only a smattering of bbi figures on the pegs and that's it. No planes, no tanks, no nuthin'. What's with that?? :evil:

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:14 pm

I wonder if we will ever see bbi holding shelf space in TRU again like they once did. I remember when you coud walk into a TRU and see tons of bbi stuff. The Blackhawk, Apache, Humvees, LAVs, Abrams, Little Birds, and a slew of figures...... :roll: ....those were the days.

Sadly, I think those days are long gone.
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:17 pm

Well I still kick myself for waiting and waiting for the TRU stuff to go on clearance - but i finally passed on the armor because you couldnt open the hatches - and I passed on the blackhawks and littlebirds because there were tons of them one week and none the next week - i think I missed the clearance

Sgt. Fury
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Sgt. Fury » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:43 pm

Hello. Hello bbi? Anybody home? Hello?
Hmmmm...ok.....ANYBODY...Anybody know when the new lil' bird helo will be available?

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:10 pm

I just picked up the BBI Old Crow and Checkerboard Corsair today and the are really great pieces. Anyhow, I'm assuming the Corsair represents a pre-1947 aircraft because of the old style national insignia, but I didn't think the MARINES markings on the fuselage and wing were used on aircraft prior to that.

I'm usually pretty good with this stuff but does anyone have more information when this particular bird would have flown?

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:35 pm

If I remember correctly - in another thread - someone mentioned the Checkerboard Corsair is a modern paint job on a plane seen in an airshow.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:06 pm

Ah I see. Marines Dream is a modern scheme as well isn't it?

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:19 pm

yes both are