chinese armor ?...interesting stuff for post war armour fans

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

chinese armor ?...interesting stuff for post war armour fans

Post by supersonicfifi » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:07 am

I don't know nothing about armor but while browsing on ebay china i came across this : http://cgi.ebay.com.cn/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... tleZ1Q2f18

it seems to be a russian tank in our favorite scale

and a big gun : http://cgi.ebay.com.cn/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... otohosting

just an info for the armor guys ... hope it will help :wink:

7thva_hunter
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by 7thva_hunter » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:13 am

XD aholic

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:02 am

the tank looks like the chinese version of the T-80. Same hull, different turret. There was a 1/20 kit put out by Trumpeter a few years ago. I wonder if this is some sort of knock off or built up of that?

The gun looks like a twin bofors aa gun. If so it should be 40mm not 37mm but it could be some other similar looking gun. Someone on here may be able to spot what it is exactly.

I wonder who makes these? There should be a way of translating the script with the proper software. Sounds like a job for grunt1. :lol:

I'd really like to get the aa gun...
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Birddog
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Birddog » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:18 am

Hey guys. I ran across these last night myself and did some checking of the translation. It basically tells a history of the tank, the Type 59. It says the tank is diecast, the turret swings 360 degrees, tracks work, and the gun elevates. It's listed at around $100 on the ebay listing. The deminsions given after being converted seem to be correct for a 1/18 scale Type 59 tank from what I have found in researching.

On the gun, the Type 65 37mm, it is the same story. The gun elevates and tracks 360 degrees, carriage wheels work, and it even says the aiming controls work. The deminsions given once again work out to be around the correct size for 1/18. It's listed for around $52 on the ebay listing.

I used a translator and asked the store shown selling them on ebay if they were 1/18 and the reply I got was garbled but 1/24 was mentioned in it and not 1/18......so I'm trying to get more info on the gun and the tank.

Anybody here speak Chinese and have an email system that will recieve Chinese responses without garbling it?

Info:

Type 59:
http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/row/type-59.htm

Type 65 37mm:
http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/row/type-65.htm
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:24 am

Here is what I got in translation of the Type 59 tank add:

Big box case model iron armor strong wind 1:18 alloy 59 types tank military model main material quality: The zinc base alloy (surface may gold-plating/baking varnish/copper-plating) the product size: 390X198X200MM model proportion: 1:18 our country first kind of domestic product main battle tank was equips the army in 1959 59 types the tank Reviews troops in the National Day 10th anniversary, this kind of tank once 驶过 the Tiananmen Square, accepted national leader's the and so on the Mao Zedong inspection 59 type tank total weight 36 tons, maximum speed 50 kilometers/hours In the 20th century 560 ages,59 types the tank was at that time in the world a more advanced medium tank, our army once large-scale equipment this kind of main battle tank
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:27 am

And the Type 65 37mm add:

Place lifelike double barrel anti-aircraft gun model! Completely makes by the fine steel alloy, heavy, the sense of reality is extremely good, not only military confusing long for even in dreams, also makes ordinary to play the family to be unable to put down. The artillery body may 360 wilfully rotate, the artillery tube may raise or pull down (-2-87), "clatter clatter clatter" the gear sound feeling is extremely good! About the artillery foot may make the first 90 migrations, on the artillery bed 4 struts screw rod also may revolve the control fluctuation; Moreover, the wheel, the fluid pump the crank, 牵引杆, spot and so on azimuth training gear, elevating mechanism, all can the simulation rotation. The light suspends very is being cruel, often traces, plays, is satisfies a craving! Each model all has 139 spare parts, becomes by 280 multichannel working procedures processings. The mold passes through several 10 revisions calibrations, guarantees precisely, enjoys the nature to be very high. (Span approximately 40cm, width approximately 12cm, heavy approximately 1960g, material quality: Germany imports 热作 the steel for the main body precise alloy)About 65 types 37mm anti-aircraft gun 65 types the 37mm double barrel anti-aircraft gun, was in 1960, China refers to the former Soviet Union 37mm anti-aircraft gun, in 1965 which developed for the main source the official production and the assembly army use. It is one kind uses in to the airborn target fire artillery, also may use for to injure the ground or the surface target. Once had attended 60's 越战, because repeatedly sets up the meritorious military service to praise the Chinese and foreign. Characteristic: Artillery height, initial speed big, area of fire big, rate of fire quick, the firing accuracy is high. Assembly: Sets up the wedge type breech block, by cartridge clip 供弹. Cartridge clip load 5 round, magazine capacity 10 round, install after the funnel realizes the multi- cartridge clips continuously 供弹. After counter- sits the installment including to control the pole type hydraulic pressure buffer and the driving spring. The artillery is the manual operation, matches tows the light killing high explosive shell and tows the light armor piercer, the height and the direction aiming has two kind of speeds. Uses the non- 独立式 mechanical vector sight, installs above the artillery rise and fall part, has the mechanical synchronization firing gear, later period has the electricity firing gear, may realize 6 artillery 集火射 to strike. Parameter: Caliber: 37mm; Artillery height: 2.739m; Maximum range: 8500m; Rate of fire: 320-360 round/minute; Effective 射高: 3000m; Rate of traverse: 360; Pomegranate bullet weight: 1.416kg; Armor-piercing bullet weight: 1.455kg; Traveling position total weight: 2650kg. This section model has the armed force green, the gold-plating, copper-plates three kind of designs, the gold-plating and copper-plates each section 470 Yuan.
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:49 am

very interesting.......good work birddog and to you too, supersonicfifi
sharp find! Any indication who makes these?

Do you know when the type 65 AA gun came out? Was it used in korea or vietnam maybe? It's probably based on a russian design, which in turn was probably based on the twin bofors design, hence the similarity in appearance.

I do wonder if they are really 1/18 though.....sometimes the dimensions given are for the box a model comes in and not the model itself.

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:58 am

The Type 65 came out I believe in the late 50s. It was copied off of a Russian design which was usual for that time. I believe I remember reading that it was exported to Chinese allies as well. It was basically a well improved WWII design. It was used by the Vietnamese I'm sure. I believe it is still used in the Chinese army.

The Type 59 tank was a Chinese copy of the Russian T-54 line and it was introduced in the late 50s. It was also used by other countries like Cambodia and Vietnam. It was mass produced and I believe still is used in the Chinese army.

I've sent another e-mail to the store that is selling these to find out more. The problem I'm having is the response comes back in some weird code and not Chinese.

Anyone know how to fix this coding problem of the e-mail if it can be fixed?
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

familiar with ebay ....

Post by supersonicfifi » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:17 am

i am a crazy ebuyer (all my collection of 1/18 aircraft & helic come from ebay & internet sellers ...) so i use to check ebay in evry country to find some intersting things. Actually i was looking for the northorp F 5 fighter "agressor" discussed in another subject (even if i don't know nothing about chinese speaking ... and armor ....) but if you are familiar with ebay this guy sell a lot of fancy stuff (try to click on the little line "view seller other item " ... underlined even in chinese it's easy to recognise ) and there is a lot of armor in 1/24 or 1/28 ! scall armor & tanks : http://cgi.ebay.com.cn/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... mot_widget

here is his Chinese" shop : http://stores.ebay.com.cn/szonebuy

i again don't know a lot but it seems that i can recognise a mobile SAM SA 6 !!!!! (the scale seems to be 1/24 :!: ??????) if it was 1/18 i would buy it and ask MIG29K to build me some HARMs missiles for my F 18 to shoot it down !!!!!!!!!! :wink: (hopefully not the other way round !) :roll:

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:37 am

it would be nice to find out who is the manufacturer of this stuff. May be able to find it for sale a little closer to home. I really want the AA gun and the tank would be good too since you could use it as a russian T54

To read the text you just need the proper software installed.......most pc's in north america don't normally come with much software that supports foreign characters. As i said, grunt1 will probably be able to help us out here.

Grunt1, where are you? Snap to soldier..

:D

ps why doesnt' some brave soul order these and give us a review... :)

(this sounds like a job for kamikaze... :lol: )

supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

chinese shop : al ot of armor & aircrafts

Post by supersonicfifi » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:47 am

here is the shop of this Chinese gentleman !!!!!

http://www.szonebuy.com/

i wish someone can translate or order from them !!!!!! i am not kamikaze enough ! :wink:

but for my part i am crazy about some exotics aircratfs like the L 9 or the brand new J 10 !!!!!!!!!!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:52 am

yeah i found the store too but the problem is that it's in giberish....not much help. Any idea how much these cost in dollars?

I'd be all over a SAM too but they're 1/42 and 1/33 unfortunately. :?

The tiny toy guys might like them though..

buzzard
Corporal
Corporal

Post by buzzard » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:06 am

I've seen ads for this stuff in several Chinese military mags but no URL for the manufacturer.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:07 am

do you know how much they cost?

buzzard
Corporal
Corporal

Post by buzzard » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:12 am

Which item in particular? The Type 98 MBT goes for 460 yuan according the seller's info.

supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

conversion us dollars / YUAN

Post by supersonicfifi » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:17 am

for memo 1,00 USD = 7,84250 CNY

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:18 am

The Type 59 Tank is listed for around $100 US.

The Type 65 37mm is listed for around $51 US.

Shipping is probably a bear.
Last edited by Birddog on Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:20 am

so the prices are not crazy then...and shipping from China probably won't be too bad, not as bad as it woud be coming from Europe.

The dimensions do seem to be 1/18.

hmm...

buzzard
Corporal
Corporal

Re: conversion us dollars / YUAN

Post by buzzard » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:22 am

supersonicfifi wrote:for memo 1,00 USD = 7,84250 CNY

:shock: That's pretty affordable. Makes the stuff even more tempting.

luftpanzer

Post by luftpanzer » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:23 am

You could take that type 59 and do a repaint for the Iraqi army during Desert Storm. We knocked out a few of them during the battle of 71st easting. You can do the same with the AA gun. I have a scope from one at my house some were.
Back At ft campbell KY Formally of Ocala FL

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:32 am

'we' meaning you or 'we' meaning the US armed forces?

supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

mysterious

Post by supersonicfifi » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:55 am

i always found the chinese equipement intersting & mysterious ....

the planes particulary ! always modernizing soviet stuffs !

8)

luftpanzer

Post by luftpanzer » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:25 am

aferguson wrote:'we' meaning you or 'we' meaning the US armed forces?
We meaning me and my fellow troopers from 4/8 cav 3rd Armor Div. Those T59s sure looked pretty with their ammo cooking off in the desert night.
Back At ft campbell KY Formally of Ocala FL

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:34 am

luftpanzer wrote:
aferguson wrote:'we' meaning you or 'we' meaning the US armed forces?
We meaning me and my fellow troopers from 4/8 cav 3rd Armor Div. Those T59s sure looked pretty with their ammo cooking off in the desert night.

HATS OFF
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:22 pm

wow, pretty interesting. What did you knock them out with?