POST PAK 40 & NEW HALFTRACK FINDS AND DISCUSSION HERE!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Rowsdower
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Rowsdower » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:08 pm

Badcats appears to have raised it's sale price on the new toys from $34.95 to $37.95. I bought my M16 Thursday and went back to buy another piece and noticed the increase. I think the regular price may have increased as well. I ordered anyhow because it's still the best deal with the free shipping.

I'm not sure if their prices on the older XD armor has changed.
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

digger

prices

Post by digger » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:36 pm

In general BCA's prices are very high. When they have sales you could get some good deals but if you compare their armor page to SmallJoes:
http://smalljoes.com/21stcentury_xd_xtr ... rmor.shtml
You will see BCA is about $10 - $15 more per piece.

Normandy Tiger $43 v. $60
Tan Humvees $28 v. $38
WC 51, 57, 63 $28 v. $38
Old Halftracks $28 v. $38
M41 $37 v. $50
Winter Tiger $43 v. $60
Sherman $37 v. $50

Even the bbi WWII guys are about $7 more per set. The prices may come down after the free shipping ends, who knows.

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:53 pm

If BC's prices went up about 10 bucks, then you're actually PAYING for this so called 'free shipping'...right?

lablksmith
Sergeant
Sergeant

Dragon goes with new weapon

Post by lablksmith » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:58 pm

Man this Pak-40 sure is the missing link. I find the kneeling Dragon figures are tailor made for it. Wish I could post some pictures. By the way there is nothing in South La. WMs except loads of the electric vehicles.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:04 pm

I bought my Tiger and some GI Joe figures from Small joes and their prices are good plus they are in Missouri which means I get my stuff pretty fast. BC shows their regular price for the new vehicles is $40. :shock: Anyhow the free shipping deal just doesn't seem worthwhile anymore so I decided to get the Pioneerwagen from Smalljoes.

Now I just wish we'd get the PaK Hanomag already.

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:12 pm

Had to do some errands today that took me past 3 WM's, one in Strongsville, one in Medina and one in Elyria, Ohio. Each store had absolutely NOTHING in XD 1:18!! Good thing these weren't 'special' trips to these stores-I've learned from the past that they usually don't have anything in XD.
IS IT WM's distribution? Or is it 21C's fault for not making ENOUGH product to go around-cause it's funny how I can FIND The CORPS in EVERY WM I go to-and they're a small toy company too, right?
I'm getting beyond frustrated now. I'm being forced into paying over $12 MORE for this stuff online PLUS shipping! (except for Bad Cats free shipping special right now).
Makes me want to just throw in the towel on all this!

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:18 pm

holensock wrote:If BC's prices went up about 10 bucks, then you're actually PAYING for this so called 'free shipping'...right?
Unfortunately their priced did go up to cover their "fee Shipping" I have been watching their Armor B-17s for a while now and they went up nearly $20 or more. I would prefer the honest price plus shipping to the free shipping gag but what do I know. I'm just a mindless toy collecting monkey. :?

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:33 pm

I am right with you on the frustration factor over the new halftracks/Pak-40. I check my local WM (more times than I should of late) trying to snag a Zu Fuss, M16 and Pak-40.
This is the same WM that the first sighting of the F-86 S2 (only 4). It has or had a ton of MIG-15's, Mustangs and old Spitfires. All I see new coming in is the smaller plane packs.

Besides the product not being there, the level of knowledge of the average WM employee is pathetic. I even hate to ask anymore, "Do you know when you will get more "army" stuff in?" (got to dumb it down)
Standard reply: "Well, we get a truck in everyday, but don't know what's on it." HUH? :shock: How can no one know what is going to be on "the truck".
Let's look at this like a "real" business. I am a buyer for WM worldwide - I buy 100,000 units of 21st Century product (Zu Fuss). I have to know stock levels in each region, broken down by store. Cause why would I send 10 units to a store that has 4 or more right now? This has to be communicated to SOMEONE at the WM store in order for them to have the necessary personnel ready to receive product, unload the truck and stock the shelves.

There has to be a rhyme and reason behind where the @&%**@ truck delivers the right amount of product to the right store...Don't you think?
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:41 pm

I'm certain WM has an identifiable distribution system in place. It's just a matter of how dedicated they are to their slogan each employee wears on their uniform "HOW MAY I HELP YOU?"

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:21 pm

Razor17019 wrote: Besides the product not being there, the level of knowledge of the average WM employee is pathetic. I even hate to ask anymore, "Do you know when you will get more "army" stuff in?" (got to dumb it down)
Standard reply: "Well, we get a truck in everyday, but don't know what's on it." HUH? :shock: How can no one know what is going to be on "the truck".
Razor,
Next time you find an employee, ask them to grab an inventory scanner.. Have them scan the barcode of the item and it will tell them if any have been ordered, or if any are on the truck "enroute" and even if there are some in the warehouse awaiting delivery..
The scanner will also tell them if there is another Walmart in the immediate area with any instock.. :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:17 pm

I asked a few times and maybe I missed it but I don't think anyone caught it so I will ask again. :P

Does anyone know when the PaK 40 Halftack is going to be released? Or has it already been released but not gotten to any of the online retailers yet?

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:31 pm

hworth18 wrote:
Razor17019 wrote: Besides the product not being there, the level of knowledge of the average WM employee is pathetic. I even hate to ask anymore, "Do you know when you will get more "army" stuff in?" (got to dumb it down)
Razor,
Next time you find an employee, ask them to grab an inventory scanner.. Have them scan the barcode of the item and it will tell them if any have been ordered, or if any are on the truck "enroute" and even if there are some in the warehouse awaiting delivery..
The scanner will also tell them if there is another Walmart in the immediate area with any instock.. :wink:
But what if there is no barcode to scan? There is no label on the shelf except for "1/18 vehicle various" or something like that. And no vehicle box to scan either... :(
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:25 am

One of the members posted photos of the bar codes a couple pages back.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:36 am

Rowsdower wrote:I asked a few times and maybe I missed it but I don't think anyone caught it so I will ask again. :P

Does anyone know when the PaK 40 Halftack is going to be released? Or has it already been released but not gotten to any of the online retailers yet?
Where did you see information on a Pak 40 halftrack? I don't recall seeing any thing on 21C about this version.

Musta have slipped through...August 2006 release info on the /22 version on 21C site.

DH

exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by exether_mega » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:05 am

Got my M16 and Pioneerwagen today ! :D
I must agree both are realy nice. Good details and a must to have. I have to buy the Pak40 and Stuka Zu Fuss now.

BTW, my Pioneerwagen is right hand drive... refering to the miror position :lol:

Now that I have the M16, I will do a special one called "Hell's Bells". Here is the story :

http://www.3ad.com/history/wwll/feature ... action.htm

By chance, the gunner, Russ Eick is a good friend of mine. We met several time when 3rd Armored Division veterants came to Belgium and we are still in contact today. Gentlemen, he is a very fantastic person and I have learned many things with him. I am pround to be his friend.

As the 3rd Armored liberate my town in september 44, he was part of the battle and he has been honoured by our Mayor as a Citoyen d'Honneur !

Now, is there someone who know where I can find stenciled number in 1:18 scale. It will be helpful. Thanks.

phil

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:19 am

scbvideoboy wrote:
Rowsdower wrote:Does anyone know when the PaK 40 Halftack is going to be released? Or has it already been released but not gotten to any of the online retailers yet?
Where did you see information on a Pak 40 halftrack? I don't recall seeing any thing on 21C about this version.

Musta have slipped through...August 2006 release info on the /22 version on 21C site.

DH
Here's the link from 21st Century Toys on the Pak-40 HT.

http://21stcenturytoys.com/area21/artic ... newsID=215

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:05 am

immeww2 wrote:Here's the link from 21st Century Toys on the Pak-40 HT.
http://21stcenturytoys.com/area21/artic ... newsID=215
Thanks Immeww2. Looks like it's not out yet. Well, I guess I'll just have to drool over the pictures a while longer then. :P

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:52 pm

Yep, I'll just sit here and watch all of you out there with the goods. I'll have to wait until the stores in my AOR dump all of that 32x stuff first. I think I am in for a long wait for the jets and HT's, unfortunately.

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by hotrodrock » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:45 pm

PAK-40 is a great piece, but isn't it more than just a little overpriced being priced at the same price as the SDK's by most of the online dealers? Whats the actual price on it at WM.

digger

pak

Post by digger » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:34 pm

hotrodrock wrote:PAK-40 is a great piece, but isn't it more than just a little overpriced being priced at the same price as the SDK's by most of the online dealers? Whats the actual price on it at WM.
They are all priced the same at WM too - just under $23 which is the small vehicle PP at WM. Getting a new price point is a huge deal, and it does come with a fig and 3 crates of detailed shells to make up for the cost. I agree though that at $38 it's tough to swallow..

billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by billgiff » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:24 pm

That is why I don't have any of the new items. I refuse to pay that much from online retailers. After you factor in the shipping, it's way too much. While I refuse to spend the higher prices, my AO W.M.'s refuse to stock anything new. At this point, I really have started to lose interest. If I find them great, if I don't, oh well. I think there are a bunch of us that have started to lose interest because of the whole crappy W.M. distibution situation. Now that I mentioned it, I'm off to W.M. to look at the 10 German 104s and 6 R/C M113s. Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!!!!! :roll:

ogravl
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by ogravl » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:41 pm

Amen brother

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:47 pm

$31.45 for a PaK 40 here on eBay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ULTIMATE-SOLDIER-1- ... dZViewItem

$32 Stuka Zu Fuss from the same guy too. Take a look he has some decent and some not so decent prices. Thought someone might want a heads up.

My M16 and Pioneerwagon are in the mail and Santa is bringing me my PaK for Christmas. :P I don't want the Stuka Zu Fuss so now I just have to wait until the PaK Hanomag appears. All the area Walmarts seem to be mainly selling X32 stuff now and I don't want to go beserk in the toy department so I bit the bullet and bought online.

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:12 pm

Off topic, but anyway... :?

Does anyone know what the red and white stripped bar on the Pak-40's left recoil leg is for?
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:02 pm

I think its for when its being towed, kind of a warning to other vehicles behind it. I might be wrong though.