POST PAK 40 & NEW HALFTRACK FINDS AND DISCUSSION HERE!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
FieroDude
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by FieroDude » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:00 pm

The Walmart luck of the draw system definitely sucks. Factor in that most of the time, they order and receive aircraft and armor as "1:18 military vehicle assortment" or "1:32 aircraft assortment", and it makes it even worse. The only one I ever saw where they had a dedicated code for it was the Avenger, and that is because it was the only thing at that price point.
As a heads-up, I did see the PAK-40, M16, and the new Hanomags on goodstufftogo.net for $33 each. Happy hunting!
Meanwhile, back to calculating the square footage needed for a 1/18th scale B-52... just kidding...
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

Fitzystigertank
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Fitzystigertank » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:07 pm

you know what gets me the most. 21st century toys puts the pak 40 on there news page saying that its hitting shelves, Good luck hunting. what a stab in the back. :evil:

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:36 pm

patience people, in time we will all have all the paks and tracks we want. Anticipation is half the fun... If they have them in Alaska, everybody will find them eventually.

btw, the square footage needed for the b-52 is 185 sq. ft and the cubic footage is 370 cu ft. :wink:
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:47 pm

Fitzystigertank wrote:you know what gets me the most. 21st century toys puts the pak 40 on there news page saying that its hitting shelves, Good luck hunting. what a stab in the back. :evil:
Dude, I understand your frustration. Believe me. Over the summer, my local Wal Marts NEVER got the Avengers, yet they went to cities big and small from California to Delaware, and I went crazy and wasted ALOT of gas looking for them. (I only found one on a roadtrip, some distance from my town). Heck, I was pretty vehement at the beginning of this thread as I didn't want to have the Avenger experience repeat itself.

We have a rare opportunity with these armor releases in that they have gone to the small retailers rather quickly, givining us the benefit of being able to acquire these pieces without resorting to ebay or having to wait for them to show at Wal Mart.

I will admit that I got lucky a couple weeks ago and was able to find the new armor at a local Wal Mart, but had these done what the F-86s, Avengers, and many other past releases have done - get stuck east of the rockies - I'd have most certainly purchased them online and saved myself the hastle. As noted above, the reputable store goodstufftogo.net has the new assortment, including the Pak-40, and they are still in stock and probably will remain so for a while. The new Xd armor pieces are avaliable and you can now get them :D

http://www.goodstufftogo.net/html/catalog1.asp?ID=205
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:58 pm

I think I got the last M16 off Badcat. I'm about to get the PaK from Goodstuff.

So how cool is the Pioneerwagen? Is it worth getting if I don't have any Hanomags or should I wait for the PaK armed Hanomag?
Last edited by Rowsdower on Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:59 pm

Doh! Sorry double post! :oops:

Check out my question on the last page!

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:28 pm

Aferg--

I find it almost disturbing that you had the answer to those B-52 specs so quickly... impressive, but disturbing :)
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:36 pm

Rowsdower wrote:I think I got the last M16 off Badcat. I'm about to get the PaK from Goodstuff.

So how cool is the Pioneerwagen? Is it worth getting if I don't have any Hanomags or should I wait for the PaK armed Hanomag?
I got the Pioneerwagen when I found them in my area, but sold it to another boardmember and at first it didn't appea to me... I did get a good look at it in the box, and now must admit the vehicle has grown on me! I would say its a neat Hanomag and comes with some interesting accessories in the form of the bridge pieces and the 2.8cm gun. The paintjob is also well done. Besides those pieces, its just the basic XD Hanomag. The same could be said for the Stuka Zu Fuss, once the rocket racks are removed, however that particular vehicle held much more initial appeal to me for what-ever reason. If its the one you want, get it and then get the Pak-40 hanomag as well. You may also want to pick up one of the unmodified hanomags so you have one in the standard configuration :wink:

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:56 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:You may also want to pick up one of the unmodified hanomags so you have one in the standard configuration :wink:
Lol yah, I've already been thinking how cool my M3 track which will look next to my ordered M16. The Pioneerwagen does seem interesting but I'm drooling over the PaK 40 Hanomag so maybe I will take your advice and grab a vanilla version from WM.

Is there an expected release yet for the PaK-trak? :lol:

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:39 pm

Just did a tour of 3 local Walmarts. The Pompano/Atlantic Blvd Walmart still has one entire assortment with an extra Stuka and M16(after I made my purchases). The Margate/Atlantic Walmart had squat. The Coral Springs/441 Walmart had one complete assortment. I broke down and bought a Stuka, and another PaK. I think I'm done now. lol

Rowsdower, I'd definitely pick up the Pionier Panzerwagen. It's a keeper.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:15 pm

flpickupman wrote:Rowsdower, I'd definitely pick up the Pionier Panzerwagen. It's a keeper.
Yeah I've been looking at pics of it. I really like the paint job on it and the cannon and bridge halves are pretty cool as well. It does grow on you like tmanthegreat said lol.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:51 pm

I'll also put in a plug for the Pioneer wagen. It's a great looking vehicle. You won't be disappointed. :D

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:03 pm

Finally gave in and actually purchased a Pioneerwagen to keep this evening. I like the cammo scheme and the gun is quite nice, now to scrounge up some figures to put in it :)

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:32 pm

Broke down on this one over the weekend as well. Like everyone else the three things that won me over were the paint scheme, the removable "bridge" sections, but most of all... the gun is actually really cool on it. I think it is one of those products that will take you by surprise once it is liberated from its box!

Best of all it was something to keep the interest alive while I continue my fruitless search for F-86 Sabres! :roll:

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:58 am

"Best of all it was something to keep the interest alive while I continue my fruitless search for F-86 Sabres!...."

My heart bleeds for you TKO, it really does..

:x
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:27 pm

Yeah, we feel real sad for you TKO. :P
Todd

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:03 pm

Buy it when you see it! As a year from now, you'll be kicking yourself...

can you say winter stuka?

Dave

corpbob
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by corpbob » Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:49 am

I can't believe it, in the Land of North Alabama (where we usually get nothing but leftovers) I found a PAK 40 (sorry, just one) at the Arab WM, along with a Pioneer Panzerwagen. Still no Avengers in sight, though........

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:23 am

Found all the new Armor at a small Walmart out at Fort Leavenworth Kansas this week. Only had room for two in the suitcase so I picked up
the M16 and the zu fuss. I'm now back in Virginia where there is still nothing (as usual :cry: )

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:46 am

has any one seen these in the sd area//

in cali
whats up doc....

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:28 pm

Black_Dragon_One wrote:has any one seen these in the sd area//

in cali
That ain't good. Tucson is dry, so I was hoping to find something in San Diego when I head out there in a few weeks. Bummer.
Sometimes, the mind needs a shovel, rather than a pencil and paper, to express itself.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:42 pm

So has the PaK Hanomag been released yet? I'm guessing no, so any idea when it's supposed to hit?

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:54 pm

I picked up the M-16 and Pak 40 cannon last night at the Douglasville, GA Wal-Mart. Great pieces. They still had plenty of RC M113s and Me-109s in 1/18.

Hope to see a 105mm in 1/18 from someone.
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:29 pm

I checked all six area WMs today. Not one new item even though they got the toy departments supersized for Christmas.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:24 pm

Looks like SmallJoes got a supply of them. :D