New figs on AREA-21

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:20 am

Well, we bellyached for how long to get a M-16 HT variant? And, now it is finally showing up. Maybe they gave in again and we got the Priest. Didn't TKO say there were one or two pieces yet to be named?
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:49 am

Something just occured to me. Now that we have all these tankers, we need some Tanker Garands. No more of that cut-down Tommy Gun foolishness. :wink:
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

tpa05
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by tpa05 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:21 am

I agree with Madaloresc in that there aren't enough Germans. The ones I have now are basically chess pieces as I got so frustrated with the arms falling off I just glued the whole thing together. Now if the heads can be swapped (note I encorporated my question from earlier concerning the head swap that no one seems to have an answer to) then I can buy not only the 6 new figures that are comming out but even more additional figures and use the old ones on these.

digger
Officer - Brigadier General

?

Post by digger » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:31 am

tpa05 wrote:Now if the heads can be swapped (note I encorporated my question from earlier concerning the head swap that no one seems to have an answer to)...
I don't think any of us have gotten our hands on the figures yet, so we can't tell you defintively - not even TKO. But as I said before, it seems they will be head swap able. Like every other figure so far from both 21C & bbi, it depends on more than just the size of the peg, but also the length of the neck and the clothing/armor of the figure (see bbi Devgru guy who has bulky vest that requires a long-necked head). Will it be as simple as boil & pop, I think you will have to "wait & see" but I'm willing to bet you a set that it's not going to be too tough. :wink:

As for Preacher, I think he does let off the smell of the Priest - see Mediump's comment back a ways.

I like these last two more than the first I believe - as SB said the paperwork is great and the pick is a new mold, no?

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:33 am

Swapping heads is not a simple answer "yes" or "no". For whatever reason (that could have easily been corrected by the manufacturers if thought out beforehand), there are many different neck widths, lengths, and shapes. It will often take some cutting, shaping, gluing etc to get one head to fit onto another body. There are a few heads that are completely interchangable, but you have to literally try each one to see how it looks.

tpa05
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by tpa05 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:25 am

Thanks guys. Yea, a guy can hope anyways. I built a figure last night. It was a BBI fergusun figure with Brookes head. It had 21c attachments with a PTE goggle cover on his helmet. The hands on the Fergusun and Brookes figures don't hold a weapon very well so I used the hands from the newer nightstalker figure (who can't even rotate his hands at all - ya got lazy there BBI!). Took some work but it looks pretty good. My point here is that some of the parts fit together pretty easily and with this, like so many of you, I'm able to create more of the same figures.

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:06 pm

I'd be thrilled with a 1:18 Priest!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:23 pm

the shell that comes with Preacher, does it look like a 75mm shell or does it look more like a 105mm shell?
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:51 pm

Even if we don't get new armor, I'm kinda liking the last two guys shown. Be nice to mix up the crews on the shermans I already have. Also, the removeable tanker helmet will be great if anyone uses Shermans in other marks (especially post-war conflicts). I'm acutally surpising myself by looking forward to these Americans the most of the group.
Sometimes, the mind needs a shovel, rather than a pencil and paper, to express itself.

billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by billgiff » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:35 pm

I was just wondering if there was a generic U.S. G.I. with a M1 Garand coming out? I hope that I missed something because that is the ultimate U.S. Army builder figure. I would think that a basic G.I. with a M1 Garand and cartridge belt would be a top seller. We all need to fill out our rifle squads. :D Any insight or info :?:

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:55 pm

DAK figures go up tomorrow! I just got the pictures and I really like them. Also there is still one more figure out there. I don't know much about him but I do know that he is a german as well.

So no Britts, or Russians in this wave but hey 2007 products still have not been announced so there is always that to hope for!

Meanwhile, I will just be happy to see new figures on the shelves! I am all filled up on BOB, and Market Garden figs now.

-TKO

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:21 pm

I'm really geekin out on the new figures TKO. I can't wait to see the DAK figures.

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:10 pm

Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:19 pm

Nice. Looks like you caught TKO napping. :wink:
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

tko211

Post by tko211 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:38 pm

No Nap for me! VMF is a freelance hacker! :twisted:

He is always looking to see if I have set up an article early! :lol:

It makes me feel good though, It is proof positive that the fans are engaged and they are always excited to see what is next. It means I am doing my job as far as building awareness and excitement! Enjoy the pics and evryone thank VMF for his counter intel skills. :wink:

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:11 pm

Although they are not an entirely origional figure choice, I like these new Tanker figures and will get all of them - for my M-41 :lol: That's the only tank 21c has with a full interior (the M113 and Bradley are AFVs, not tanks) and the WWII crewmen look good in it. Now one can have a complete crew that's not clones along with some great accessories! Glad at least one has a removable helmet, its about time!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:12 pm

lmao :D

The two new figs are SWEET! Thanks VMF! Here it comes. :twisted:

• Don't like the articulation.
    I thought DAK was more tan?
    Improve the weapons for once!
    IMO some of the american figs stunk, at least compared to these
    First headsculpt looks like someone pooped on him
    If the officer has that Submachinegun, why the KAR ammo pouches?
    Make the names believable.
Sorry, but we all know I have to rant about everything New that comes out.

Thanks 21st for the hard work, nice figs, and effort, Thanks to TKO or else we'd be lost in the clouds, and thanks VMF for practicing reconnasiance skills.

Im loving the DAK. The second one especially, with those two caps and the Weapon. I'll definately be picking up about 80% of the new figs. Im a figure guy. Many of the new accessories like the overcoats and some weapons are pretty exciting.

Thanks guys.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:15 pm

DAK's look ok, not great but ok. The pea green uniform is fine....they used both those and tan. Would have preferred shorts and pith helmets but i'm sure those will be along eventually. Can't make out the headgear for the officer. I guess it's an officer's cap?...not a helmet.....looks like a big green blob.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:28 pm

Jawohl!! :D

Great that the Beretta 38A SMG made a comeback! :)
[edit, realized this is actually a Beretta 38A not a German MP]

Nice to see a soft cap and... an officers hat that aren't pre-cemented to someones head..

So not only are these guys cool by themselves, lots of little goodies that will help kitbash prior releases. Yahoo! :D
Last edited by grunt1 on Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by billgiff » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:38 pm

..........................and yes there is a basic German with the K98 pouches. Great for built an Afrika Korps. Now where is the basic G.I. with a M1 Garand and M1 cartridge belt?

MandaloreSC
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by MandaloreSC » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:51 pm

Thanks TKO211, thanks VMF115 and thanks 21st, of course.

I like the 2 DAK figures. Catman is right about the Name. William Newwnhaus is everything, but not a german name. Doesn't sound german at all. I wonder if there is an idea behind this name. Some helmets would be cool, but there is nothing else I'd like to complain about. The DAK guys rule.

As a german XD fan I have to buy on Evil-Bay or Online stores. With a case ratio of 12 US vs. 6 german figures I'm sure the prices for the german figures will rise pretty high. When I look at BoB2, the german figures are more expensive and harder to find then the US figures. This situation will get worse with the new 18 figure wave. Troop building with some of the german infantry figures will be damn hard for someone who can't just jump in the car and visit a few walmarts. This case ratio is one of 21st (not so good) ideas. Even for you US fans it will be hard to find some germans when the pegs are filled with US tankers and the store won't order anything new before those guys are sold :?

@tko211: I bet this single german guy will be Erwin Rommel. Together with his trusty halftrack "Greif". 8)
Well - he would fit perfectly to the DAK figures, wouldn't he?
Last edited by MandaloreSC on Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:58 pm

Zee goggles, zey do nuthing!

Cool DAKs!
As was said above, great to see the MP40. Got way too many STG44s.
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

MandaloreSC
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by MandaloreSC » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:00 pm

Rowsdower wrote:Got way too many STG44s.
Put them into an envelope, send them to me! :D

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:59 pm

figs are necessary I guess, the last guy looks like he is on a snowboard.
Todd

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:18 pm

MandaloreSC wrote:
Rowsdower wrote:Got way too many STG44s.
Put them into an envelope, send them to me! :D
Ok, maybe not that many and I think those are illegal to export due to the war on terror anyway. :wink:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.