POST AVENGER FINDS AND DISCUSSION HERE!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Yoxford
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Yoxford » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:48 am

Any Michigan Avenger sightings?
No luck in the Livonia or Canton WM
The sign of a great model is that one’s eye is not drawn to any one feature, yet one can study it for hours and continually find something new.

Razor17019
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Razor17019 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:06 am

Is there anyone that still needs an Atlantic Avenger??
Email me: [email protected] and let me know your board callsign when you email.

I have an extra one that I am willing to sell...
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:14 pm

Yoxford:

I'll be Up North in Gaylord next week, so I'll probably check when I'm there. If I see anything I'll report it here. I know it's a long way from where you are....

Yoxford
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Yoxford » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:39 pm

Thanks Tinman!

(I will be in Petoskey this weekend, so I will have a look around there as well)
The sign of a great model is that one’s eye is not drawn to any one feature, yet one can study it for hours and continually find something new.

der Vogelfänger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Atlantic Avenger

Post by der Vogelfänger » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:40 am

FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY,

A local WM, one which I rarely visit, had two left on the shelves....made my purchase today, and now join the rest of you guys who have been pumping out good reports all along; can see why, it is a beauty. Glad it did not turn out to be a (KFC) bucket with two left wings, small breast, and large thighs!!! Whew.

dV
du doch nicht!
Kennst du mich noch?
Luftwaffe-a-holic!!!

Unsere Mannschaft muß einfach gewinnen, und
plötzlich, Weltmeister Zwanzigvierzehn! (WM2014)

Danke Jungs!!

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Atlantic Avenger

Post by Teamski » Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:47 pm

der Vogelfänger wrote:FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY,

A local WM, one which I rarely visit, had two left on the shelves....made my purchase today, and now join the rest of you guys who have been pumping out good reports all along; can see why, it is a beauty. Glad it did not turn out to be a (KFC) bucket with two left wings, small breast, and large thighs!!! Whew.

dV
LOL!!!!! :lol:

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

digger

?

Post by digger » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:54 am

:lol: Are you kidding me? They push people to switch their Avenger pre-order to the AT 262 and the Avenger lands first after all? Too funny.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:02 am

Hey... I switched my Avenger preorder, and if its the Atlantic version that BCA is getting, then it won't be in vain. Either way, its good to see that they're finally getting the plane and I hope they get more new 21c products in the coming months so we all don't have to waste time & gas going to Wal Mart :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:03 am

Here's to hoping we never see another Avenger Soap Opera again. The whole wait issue, the small retailer/big box drama, etc. Makes me not mind so much when we don't get product updates that far in advance anymore. :wink:
Sometimes, the mind needs a shovel, rather than a pencil and paper, to express itself.

JohnLumley
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by JohnLumley » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:16 pm

I wonder if the Bad Cat Atlantic Avengers will have the missing plugs installed?

Any word on that Matt?

:?:
One hundred and fifty three - 1:18 scale aircraft on the ceiling looks :shock: damn good!

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:11 pm

The Avengers going to Bad Cat should have the hole plugs installed. That is my understanding.

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:17 pm

Still haven't seen the Avenger on the shelf. Funny that with all the new products that are "in the pipeline", so few places are actually receiving anything.

tko211

Post by tko211 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:32 pm

Gotta love the distribution game :evil:

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:33 pm

Speaking of the plugs... TKO, is 21c still going to offer the plugs seperately for those of us who bought the Avengers at Wal Mart?

This especially since it has been noted that the BCA Avengers are in the atlantic scheme, so 21c has to now have access to the plugs :wink:

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:26 pm

It looks like badcat wont have any avengers available after they've processed their preorders :cry: . I know that historicaviation appear to have them available (sooner or later). Anyone know other etailers that will carry the atlantic avenger?
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

demetrop
Corporal
Corporal

Anyone know other etailers that will carry the atlantic aven

Post by demetrop » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:03 am

The MilitaryToyShop.com is also suppose to be getting in the Atlantic Avengers soon. Their website even says that there are a few left for general sale.

der Vogelfänger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Avengers

Post by der Vogelfänger » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:51 am

Jay wrote:It looks like badcat wont have any avengers available after they've processed their preorders :cry: . I know that historicaviation appear to have them available (sooner or later). Anyone know other etailers that will carry the atlantic avenger?
Jay,

Historically, and no play on words, Historic Aviation has been a whole lot HIGHER in price than the average-BUT-if they turn out to be the only ones who will have the Avenger, well, I guess it will definitely be a "sellers market". My wait ended two weeks ago, and the anticipation was worth it all. It (the Atlantic Avenger) is really a well-worth-it purchase. Hope it works out for you and our other friends in New Zealand.

I'm very surprised that WalMart is now down-under with you yet 8) :wink:

From Florida,

dV
du doch nicht!
Kennst du mich noch?
Luftwaffe-a-holic!!!

Unsere Mannschaft muß einfach gewinnen, und
plötzlich, Weltmeister Zwanzigvierzehn! (WM2014)

Danke Jungs!!

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:00 pm

demetrop,

I just went to the militarytoyshop site, and found out shipping for the avenger is going to cost $216!!!!!! Thats is just the shipping alone!! I might have to wait awhile.........
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

Fitzystigertank
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Fitzystigertank » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:06 pm

I just ordered my Avenger from historic aviation. when I called they said they were getting them in the end of the month. I'm going on the hunch prob around the same time as every retailer online: Oct 26th. I'm fed up not getting anywhere with walmart. Now i got to get the 262. I'm going to wait till others get theirs and see how it is.

Fitzystigertank
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Fitzystigertank » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:40 am

well never mind I just drove from Ma to Concord NH and FINALLLYYY got my Avenger!!!! Everyone is right, it sure is a beautiful bird. I'm just taking it out of the box so i'll update when i have it together. I'd like to thank those who tried to get me. I now know I have new friends on here.

Fitzystigertank
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Fitzystigertank » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:48 am

ok i have finally put this bird together and WOW!!!! some assembly required. took me awhile to get the turret guy in. I did see the good instructions someone has on early pages. the wings are nice and strong.
well if I had 6 thumbs they be standing up cause this plane is so worth the ride and gas i spent today. If you don't have one, GET ONE!!!! you won't be dissapointed. I also got the Pitot tube and will some how have to make a hole for this or maybe I won't. enough said i'm going to drop the torpedo on something. Lata!!!

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:32 am

From the Bad Cat site:

"According to our 21st representative, these latest Avengers will come with screw caps, installed pitot tubes, and have changes to the fuselage tooling helping to improve historical accuracy. "

Very interesting.. Glad they improved it, but very dissapointing given how much we had to pay for the "lesser" version at WM after the pre-order fiasco... :cry:
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:39 am

grunt1 wrote:Very interesting.. Glad they improved it, but very dissapointing given how much we had to pay for the "lesser" version at WM after the pre-order fiasco occured... :cry:
I was thinking the same thing... Kind of annoying it wasn't done right the first time, but oh well. I think at some future point I'll get another Avenger in a different paintscheme that has the minor errors fixed and either keep, sell, or donate my Avenger somewhere else. Then again, it would be really cool if 21c would come through for its fans and send the screw caps to those who want them. Still, even in its current state, the Avenger is one impressive aircraft!

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:09 am

I think they owe us screw covers. They should make them available at their online store.