new 1:18 figures from 21st

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
grunt1
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by grunt1 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:15 am

TKO, does the one per day figure party continue through the weekend or are we waiting for Monday? (Crosses fingers that we see one tonight)
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:49 am

I really like the fact that the American guys come with 45 cal. pistols. I have an idea for a guy armed with a pair of 45s.

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

mediump
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by mediump » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:57 am

the new figure is up for today, Sat. and it says 1 more tomorrow :D
i like these US troops, they will go good with BoB 2 guys w/o the coats.
When down from the clouds with our weapons of Hell, we drop to avenge our friends who fell.

lsc1002
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by lsc1002 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:18 am

I only count 11 figures including Sunday. if there are 18 figures is the show case going to continue through next week? If not when might we see the last 7 figures? I think I like the last US figure the best of all so far. The Germans sure are getting the shaft as far as accessories. 21C could make up for it by giving us a German MG on a tripod :D
"Tigers!?.....Where did the Tigers come from!?!"

mediump
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by mediump » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:25 am

wait a second... i just noticed the new figure doesn't have a rifle
WHERE'S YOUR RIFLE AT TROOPER?
maybe he lost it in the water and will have to scrounge one from the beach
When down from the clouds with our weapons of Hell, we drop to avenge our friends who fell.

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:53 am

I got one more tomorrow for us. That should bring the total to about 12... I think? So yes there are still 6 more (I think) that need to be shown. Tomorrow's picture will wrap up the coverage I have have for the moment. 21st is working on geeting us pics of the last 6. I know some DAK is still there in the mix somewhere.

I am sure we will see more next week. But be sure to check in tomorrow or late tonight for the next soldier!

-TKO

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:02 pm

I gotta get some Afrika Korps guys for my new Power Team camel lol.
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:22 pm

Lt. Rogers is sporting private's stripe on his shooting arms...
What's up with that? :shock:

Will there be some kind of bars on his sholders or helmet?
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

tko211

Post by tko211 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:39 pm

It's another field promotion! You know on D-day many privates became captains overnight!!! :lol: I dunno, maybe the ranks will be changed on the final versions. These are still just the pre-produciton samples.
Good catch though!

ARMY GROUP 1
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ARMY GROUP 1 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:52 am

SAMMY SMITH IS NEVER GOING TO CLIMB THE RANKS WITH THAT BLAND FACE, HE IS JUST NOT TOUGH ENOUGH LOOKING TO CUT THE MUSTARD, BUT THE WEAPON MAY DO HIS TALKING INSTEAD. GERMANS ARE NOW OUTNUMBERED. 2 DAK'S & 4 SURPRISES TO GO. BRING ON THE VEHICLES TO CARRY ALL THESE TROOPS.

ARMY GROUP 1
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ARMY GROUP 1 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:21 am

OOPS, I THINK I COUNT ONLY 11 NEW RELEASES, STRANGE ITS AN ODD NUMBER, SO WITH 2 DAK TO COME, LEAVES 5. HAVE A FEELING FROM THE TALK, AT LEAST 1 WILL BE A CREW MEMBER FOR THE PAK 40 GUN, SO ITS ANYONES GUESS WHAT THESE LAST 4 WILL BE, BUT LOGICALLY THE THEME OF THE PREVIOUS 11 WILL FOLLOW ON. THIS IS BECOMING A BIG TASK TO COLLECT ALL THIS EXPECTED NEW PRODUCT.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:58 am

I guess 21st Century is gonna make us all buy each figure so we can swap the shooting arms to the correct figure! :?
(Pvt. Smith has SGT's stripes-TKO- I know "pre-production") It will all be correct when they hit the stores...

Okay this Bar Gunner looks like either Monty Hall from Let's Make a Deal (before there was Howie and Deal or No Deal) or he looks like Gomer Pyle. (in the right light, the figure's face sort of looks like my Uncle Harvey too)

newwavepop
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by newwavepop » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:15 am

yeah thats my complaint on the last guy he has that same horrible big jaw that the german trenchcoat guys have.
i cant stand that head.

digger

new guy

Post by digger » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:54 am

My beef is with the BAR gun. We have more BAR gunners than there were in WWII.
We already have:
the 21C S1 BG
the 21C BoB BG
the 21C BoB II BG
the 21C USMC BG
the Action 18 S1 BG (who shouldn't have the BAR as a para)
the Action 18 S2 BG
the Action 18 S3 BG
the bbi BG...and now the 21C D-day BG.. :|

With the removable assualt vest, helmet, flotation device and new pack I'll have no problem getting multiples of this guy too but he is surely going to get a new weapon...

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:02 am

agreed on the BAR gunner. I guess it's just cause it's a cool looking gun.

When were those assault vests worn and by whom? And how come the flotation device is a belt, not a vest....belts make crummy life saving devices? And how come all these DDay US guys didn't come with the gas mask thingy that they all wore around their necks (which kinda looked like a life vest)?
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

digger

vests

Post by digger » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:18 am

The assault vest was:
"Developed in haste during 1943 after a British pattern and mass-produced at the start of 1944, the vest was issued for the Normandy invasion, mostly to first wave troops"
The thing is that it was designed to replace the Infantry Haversack so really guys with Vests on might be likely to only have the field bag on their back though the design purpose was not an operational rule (I don't think).

The Navy M-1926 preserver was more practical than a life vest (gear considered) and allowed for greater mobility. It could be easily inflated with CO2 cylinders or by mouth. I'm sure you're right though that there were soldiers in the water who could have used a vest instead...

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:21 am

aferguson wrote: When were those assault vests worn and by whom?

Issued to Rangers (only) for D-day. Based upon a Brit design. Supposed to replace the web belt, harness, etc - the vest even has a built in "pack" on the back. But they were reportedly more throuble then they were worth, and soon discarded. Also retained water so made for instant drowning devices. Capt Miller is wearing one in Private Ryan.
aferguson wrote:And how come the flotation device is a belt, not a vest....belts make crummy life saving devices?

Issued to Army as a space and time saving measure - no need to issue instructions on how to properly wear and use a life vest, just strap on the belt. But you are 100 percet correct, they were bad for life saving and could actually force a person to remain suspended, head first, in the water.

digger

vests

Post by digger » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:47 am

Issued to Rangers (only) for D-day.
The assault vest was given to members of the 1st, 4th and 29th Infantry as well I believe.

MandaloreSC
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by MandaloreSC » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:51 am

Okay, now we got pics of 11 new figures. 7 US Troopers vs. 4 german. Why that? I think the german soldiers are good sellers and fan favorites. And we have 2 US Paratroopers vs. 0 Fallschirmjäger. I hope there will be some more germans (or even Fallschirmjäger) in the mix of the 6 last figures. In XD Wave 1 we had 10 figures (5 US vs 5 German), in Wave 2 we had 6 US and 6 german. I hope this newest wave doesn't continue the trend of BoB. I hope this newest line will be 9 Germans vs. 9 US figures. But right now it doesn't look this way.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:21 am

interesting.....and the gas mask thingy?.....that was issued to all first wave DDay US troops i believe. Strange that 21c didn't include one with at least one of the figures.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Popeye
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Popeye » Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:07 pm

tkjaer21 wrote:The Imperial army has three series. 1 tan color, 1 yellowish color that is not tan, and 1 light green color. In some Wal-Marts down here in the south, we still have all three series on the same shelf.
What is the reason for the different coloured uniforms? Did they change throughout the war?

Can you help me out with getting some japanese troops cause the WM in CAnada don't have any.

SGT. Saunders
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. Saunders » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:20 am

I think the new BAR gunner looks alot like the rifleman from the BoB figures line. I thought it said all new figures.
There's only one way out of HELL! and that's through it!!

Razor17019

TKO...

Post by Razor17019 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:27 am

TKO,
First, thanks for posting the pics of the new 21st Century Figures.

We can't wait for pics of the rest.:D

I have a couple of questions:

1. Are the figures and their equipment that we see in the pics - are they set in stone and no changes can be made??

2. If no to above, could an extra head and or helmet be included with each figure like the BOB2 figures??

3. Could 21st Century offer equipment/weapon packs to go along with the release of these figures?? Have one US and one German. Each one could include: selection of each side's weapons US: (M1A1, M1, Thompson, BAR, Colt, radio, binoculars, grenades, shovel, canteen, pouches, and *mess kit) German(MP40, MP44, K98, Panzfast, MG-42, Luger, grenades, binoculars, canteen, shovel, bread bag, *flare gun)
*notes wish items

21st C could also pack in the extra heads with the optional accessory packs listed above.

Again, if the figures are all ready to go for Christmas season - I understand nothing can change with them. But, put a bug in 21st C's ear to think about making the equipment/weapon pack for this line or other lines that are in development. With 18 new figures, that would leave open a good deal of ideals for these optional accessories packs. :wink:

tko211

Post by tko211 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:12 pm

For Razor-

I am pretty sure that the equipment as shown is what we can expect to see for the final product release. The Paint should improve a little however.

You idea of weapons packs & extra heads are GREAT! In fact, I think you must have been inspired to think this because 21st I think, was thinking along similar lines... I don't know how, when or how much it might cost, but a 1:18 weapons / accessory pack with options to head swap / army build is VERY likely sometime in the future. My vote is to pack it on a regular 1:18 card and simply pack a couple quantity into a regular figure assortment.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:35 pm

Ask and thou shall receive!

Thanks TKO!

Nice to know 21st C is thinking along the same lines as what us collectors think! If you hear of anything more on this, please let us know!