To wait or not to wait?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

To wait or not to wait?

Post by aferguson » Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:21 am

That is the question. Now that the Pz IV is coming out my quandry is whether to get a pile of them and customize them into other vehicles based on the Pz IV chassis (hummel, wirblewind, mobelwagen, brumbar etc) or to wait to see if 21c releases these at some point down the road.

Waiting for 21c means that they would be better quality than anything i can customize and a lot less hassle; but given that i'm the most impatient person in the world and i've already been waiting four years for these tanks, waiting possibly another year or two does not seem very appealing.

What say you?

Threetoughtrucks
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:27 am

Might be a very long road if you wait.

I say go ahead and make your Kit bashes. Even if 21c, and that's a really big IF, releases different versions, how many will they release, one or two. Chances are your work will not be duplicated by 21c.

Go for it.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:30 am

You may just want to wait... A customizing project on the level you're describing is extensive (think of all the detail involved with the gun system of the Wirblewind and Mobelwagon). The 21st 1:18 Panzer IV may not have an interior, but a new turret can still simply be added to the current chassis. Besides the fact that the 1:18 Panzer IV started as a 1:32 example (and not the other way round) may bode well for future releases of 1:18 armor based off their 1:32 examples. 21st Century would have a great pool to choose from, especially for German Armor:

German:
Panzer III, Mobelwagon, Wirblewind, Stug III, SDK 222, 8-ton halftrack

US:
M-24, M-18, M-5

corpbob
Sergeant
Sergeant

Panzer IV Mods

Post by corpbob » Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:48 am

I'd go ahead and do it. I won't be surprised (though very disappointed) if either 21st drops all the XD line except the planes or goes belly up before 2006.

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:57 am

I don’t think they are going to go belly up anytime soon. At least I hope not. They have produced tons of new products and it all seems to be moving well. :wink:
Let’s have a little optimism here. :lol: