Into the Fall..

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Into the Fall..

Post by aferguson » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:52 am

With this being the Labour Day weekend, Tuesday begins the hunkering down into the Fall season.

And i think it's going to be a very busy Fall indeed. Not only can we look forward to all the goodies that 21C has shown us this summer (4 new halftracks, the Pak, plus more Avengers, Migs and Sabres and probably a bunch of new figures; and who knows maybe even a surprise?) but there is also Admiral who i believe said they were coming out with 2 or 3 new planes by year's end? (correct me if i'm wrong Jason) including the Me-262. Then there is the BBI wildcard. Fall is traditionally the time they release their new goodies, so maybe they'll have a thing or two to show us soon as well. New aircraft? Maybe. New figures almost certainly i bet.

All in all this could be a VERY busy Fall but it should make it easy for most of us to fill out our Christmas wish lists...

:wink:
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Sabrefan
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Sabrefan » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:55 am

Yes, I think we will have some nice goodies this fall. I am trying to be creative with the space for my models. Not sure where I will put the new 21st Century F-86, but it sure is fun trying to figure out where to put all these nice models. :D
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

7thva_hunter
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by 7thva_hunter » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:14 am

With my sister hows 10 now she moving away from toys so in my basment I have more room more space and more the mess!!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:36 am

This fall looks to be good times indeed. I'm eagerly awaiting the AT ME-262, the M-16 Gun Carriage, the PAK-40, and an Avenger repaint (hopefully) with all the little flaws corrected :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:11 am

I'm hoping for the MiG, PAK40, a couple Hanomogs, and a bunch of 21C figures. Also hoping BBi gets off its butt and gets some new stuff out.

As for Admiral, the 262 doens't do much for me, but I can't wait to see what surprises they may have.

Big Duke 6
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Big Duke 6 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:13 pm

Wonder what the BBI goodie will be ??????

7thva_hunter
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by 7thva_hunter » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:16 pm

I hope bbi is going to make some germans.

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:33 pm

Great times, good memories! I can't wait for that Pak 40!!!

I really wish bbi would show their hand!!

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:46 pm

You know, to me it always seems that 21st misses the Christmas rush and releases stuff in like February or January. Just my perseption and I am not complaining either. I'll take it whenever I can get it.
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:12 pm

"I really wish bbi would show their hand!! "

Well, they were supposed to have at Comic Con but Fedex didn't show up with the stuff they were going to unveil.... :x
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:28 pm

or maybe they paid fedex to not show up with their stuff

mediump
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by mediump » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:33 pm

:?
When down from the clouds with our weapons of Hell, we drop to avenge our friends who fell.

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:27 pm

Yes, now through the end of the year should be a very exciting time. Aircraft, armor, and figures we could only dream about a few years ago. These really are great times for us!

Coreyeagle48

Fall

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:18 pm

Greetings,

Though I don't do the 1/18 thing anymore I agree it should be a terrific fall and holiday season I would think in all the scales for these great companies. I think Admiral entering the mix really put the pressure on 21st to come out with product faster and with better offerings. That is just my opinion. Regarding the response from BBI, maybe they don't care. It is odd that there has been nothing new out of BBI for a little bit of time now.

I have been impressed with the new releases I have looked at in all scales. The Avenger just sitting in the box looks powerful and awesome and the posted pictures on here make the plane really what it is. I hope to see the Migs and Sabres around here too just to get a good look at them. It really makes you wonder if there is anything else up the sleeve of 21st Century or Admiral for the holiday season. I would think if we would see something, it would be around that time. I personally have been impressed as well with the offerings in the smaller scales as well, particularly 1/32. Strangely, the 1/48 scale stuff hasn't showed up here, and I haven't seen one example of any of it.

Another thing I have been impressed with from the examples I have seen is that quality control seems to be getting better too, or Walmart is treating the stuff better. I remember how terrible some of the 1st Series stuff looked in the boxes, now I am seeing much better paint finishes and the boxes are better too. Good, good job 21st. See, I am not crtical when companies put time and effort into making things better and they turn out that way.

It has been a great year for this hobby, I agree. Even though I don't own them, I enjoy stopping in the store looking at them and I enjoy seeing everyone here who is waiting for something become happy because it arrives. When I can, I enjoy helping you guys find something you need as well. It is a GREAT time to be in this hobby.

Regards

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:47 pm

Well i hope that we see a good autumn too i am hoping that we will see some of the PTE stuff over here in the UK and perhaps see something new from them too.
As for BBI i dont think we will see them over here anytime soon but i hope that we see new stuff from them as a modern collector my hopes are basically pinned on BBI producing new stuff. 21st vehicles that have been anounced look very cool but i am saving the room i have for modern vehicles. I am looking forward to seeing what figs they do though as i like having the odd WWII fig.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:32 pm

I thing we should be getting ready to be shocked!!!
I think AT will release something total unexpected, the same with BBI and 21st.
Will it be what we have been looking for, maybe or not but I think we will be happy.

Could it be an A-10, Hellcat, F-4 or a Mig 21?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:08 pm

I'm hoping to see a Hellcat this fall from either 21st or BBI. Imagin how nice this would look next to the Avenger? I've said it before and I will say it again and thats that the Hellcat was one of the most important fighters in the Pacific with a kill/loss ratio of 19-1 and it produced the most American Aces in WW 2. And yet this fighter has been ignored by both 21st and BBI in favor of Mustangs, Spitfires, ME 109's and countless of other aircraft. I ask how can either company ignore the Hellcat? It would be a major seller for sure. Heck 21st made a 1/144th scale F6F so why not go 1/18th? BBI? All they do is refuse to answer the Hellcat question, are they making one? I'll tell ya boys I'm starting to give up hope of ever seeing the F6F in 1/18th so what I'm gonna do is build one in model kit form. That way at least I'll have one. I feel for the A-10 guys I really do.

:?
"You dont know the power of the darkside, it is your destiny" Lord Vader.

digger

upcoming

Post by digger » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:37 pm

Don't lose faith MM. BBI has not had any new AC in a year, so we're bound to get something this fall. And if we get anything, chances are it is one of 3 highly desirable pieces (or 2 of 3 or 3 of 3 8) ). Yes, that would be the ones you mention and the Dauntless.
Overall I too am excited for the coming months; outside of 21C's recent surge with the Avenger and MiG, the year has been quite sad. A couple of figures and repaints from bbi, and the one and only AC Admiral has ever produced. Not exactly a big year to date...

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:43 pm

I think airplanes often are often overlooked. Take for example the Spitfire and the Hurricane. You hear just about anything on the battle of Britain, and people seem to think it was the Spitfire that won the battle. When in reality the Hurricane carried most of the load in that battle. The Hellcat was indeed a workhorse for the navy, I think it is often overlooked because to many it does not have the sleek lines of the Corsair. And the Corsair developed quite a following with its inverted gull wings.
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Re: upcoming

Post by MightyMustang » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:51 pm

digger wrote:Don't lose faith MM. BBI has not had any new AC in a year, so we're bound to get something this fall. And if we get anything, chances are it is one of 3 highly desirable pieces (or 2 of 3 or 3 of 3 8) ). Yes, that would be the ones you mention and the Dauntless.
Overall I too am excited for the coming months; outside of 21C's recent surge with the Avenger and MiG, the year has been quite sad. A couple of figures and repaints from bbi, and the one and only AC Admiral has ever produced. Not exactly a big year to date...

I agree digger it hasnt been a big year for us 1/18th collectors. All we have really seen was the new tool Mustangs and the Avenger. Otherwise nothing. Not a peep from BBI. So hopefully something new from BBI is coming like a Hellcat or yes maybe even a Dauntless. Speaking of the Dauntless, that would be awsome.

:D
"You dont know the power of the darkside, it is your destiny" Lord Vader.

digger

This year

Post by digger » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:07 pm

MM, there has also been the MiG, BoB 2 and the Beep but I agree very quiet on the bbi side. Maybe quiet before the storm? :D

Sabrefan, you are very right about the Hurricane - as I often do I will direct your attention to a poll we had where it was clear the plane is just not that popular. No big surprise it hasn't been made:
viewtopic.php?t=3977&highlight=single+engine