POST AVENGER FINDS AND DISCUSSION HERE!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
od1each
Corporal
Corporal

Post by od1each » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:27 am

Well here in n. ill............we never got anything new at 5 wallys. just got in the night fighter 109.........seems like we are 6 months behind or better.
TRU here has only carried a few choppers in the last 2 yrs.

That's why I started to get out of the hobbie, I could never get anything until it was out of production.......therefore alot higher in price. I finally won a F-18 off of evil-bay last week, at a small fortune.

I could get to chicago, but like 90 miles away. Here in rockford with so many walmarts I thought I could get a cream of the crop pick.....but looks like we are considered low on the food chain!

So nothing her guys unless your looking for something that has disappeared for a while.

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by warhawker » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:54 am

nathanita wrote:
As Mark mentioned, we should coordinate our search. That way we can buy Avengers from Walmart instead of gas.
I agree. With the DFW area so huge there are alot of WMs to cover. Today I plan on hitting two WMs - one on 75 & Spring Valley the other at 635 & McArthur.
I even contemplating calling the remaining WMs and asking for it by SKU #. But knowing how helpful the WM staff are beyond their typical door greeter, I prefer to look and see what else they have on the shelf.
What I can say about this weekend is that I have run into a alot of 1:18 figures (Bulge, Market Garden, Japanese) a few 1:32 Zeros and the new jeeps/trucks.

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:34 am

I'm sorry guys but I have to say this. But after waiting sooooo long to get the Avenger some of you are complaining about the exposed screw holes??? Jesus pete! It took forever to see the Avenger finally come out and now this.

Its a simple job to cover them up and the answer is modeling putty. If and when I do get mine thats what I'll use to cover up the holes. But come on lets be thankful that after all this time we are seeing a plane we have all wanted for a long time and we have all bitched about not being released for so long. Its finally here and lets be thankful. I think its another beauty from 21st trust me I'll be getting one exposed screw hols or not!

:roll:
"You dont know the power of the darkside, it is your destiny" Lord Vader.

kevrut
Officer - Brigadier General

xd

Post by kevrut » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:55 am

Well said, MM.

JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by JOC » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:27 am

Amen to that also. Heck,one could also say that maybe the Avenger came with build in combat damage! Putty or not, its still nice to see something emerge after so long of a wait.
JOC

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:02 am

To everyone running around trying to find these - have a few days of patience. Given Walmart's crummy distribution a chance to get these all out. Honestly, with the $70 price tag, I don't see these flying off the shelves.

Flytiger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Question and comment

Post by Flytiger » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:36 am

Is it just the Atlantic version showing up?

Also - note to tail-dragger pilots: What you can't see below and in front of that big nose with the spinning thing on it just might just be a smaller plane. An Avenger chopped up an RV on the taxiway at Oshkosh, killing a passenger in the little home-built.

zonetoys
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by zonetoys » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:18 am

Yipee!

They have hit the Mid-Atlantic coast!
Picked one up at WM this morning, where there wasn't one yesterday! Nice BIG plane! Although paying $70 was hard for me to chew for a PLANE, it is a really nicely detailed Plane! I have a few quirks about quality control though! One of the landing gear springs is missing and one of the torpedo doors was glued shut at the front, where the seam of the fuselodge was glued together! Xacto knife and caution took care of that though. The screw holes not being covered are not that major of a deterant!

I was not all that excited by the early pictures I saw on the Web, but when you see this thing in person, it is impressive. Even if you have made up your mind not to purchase one, at least go look at it, you may want to put one on lay-away!

Now, where does that little bent rubber antenna thingy go? Guess I'll have to look back on previous posts!
"A Sherman can give you a very nice... edge." -Oddball - "Kelly's Heros"

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:12 am

Good new, bad news.

I was speaking to The Toy Federation this morning, on an order of mine for some 1/6 Alien figues and my long standing pre-order on the Avenger.

The news:

Both The Toy Federation and Bad Cat are getting no responses from 21C about their many pre-orders for the Avenger. We're talking about alot of money in pre-orders that are tp be refunded if 21C doesn't provide these e-tailers with Avengers and all production all goes to Wally.

They are not happy campers. They just want to know what is going on?
BCA's Bunker Hill Avenger is just not happening.

I don't know if this has been covered, this thread is so big, so fast, it's hard to keep up.

Anyone else heard the skinny on this? I do hope it's just a delay, and our e-tailers are not being aced out of the Avenger picture.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:30 am

That is grim news for me, The Avenger might never show up in Long Island, or it will, in a year or two, Long Island is my only place to get 21st-C, since there is no Walmart in Brooklyn :cry: , and I can only go there once a week at best.
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:53 pm

The Avengers have already reached the east coast?!? I drive around to 9 Wal Marts in an 80 mi radius in California and nothing!! This is VERY frustrating. Its a little different when items appear on the other end of the country and you know it will take a while for them to get across to you, but when they can't make even distribution over a large portion of the state in which they originated :x

However, to calm down, I think Morian Miner in his post above is quite right. It will take time for these things to get out, but knowing WMs distribution patterns, that could be next week or 6 months from now. I know I could potentially buy one off a board member that has found some, but I really don't want to pay the extra for shipping only then to have the planes show up in my AO.

What TTT has noted in his conversations with the small retailers is also tragic. I know that Wal Mart is 21c's main customer, but it would have been so much better if the Avengers could have gone to the small retailers as well. (There have been times in the past where aircraft went to both outlets almost simultaneously.) Wal Mart can survive w/o 21c; many of the retailers can't. I'm sure they will arrive at the retailers eventually, but places like BCA and TheToyFederation should have gotten first dibs. It would have meant alot less Wal Mart searching and wasted gas for many of us :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:51 pm

I went to a lot of walmarts here in Florida, some are JUST getting the Stuka and Corsair. My bet will be to go to the WM's that were the first to carry the stukas and corsairs.

About the screw holes, do you think they are the same size say as the Me109's? I see a lot of 109's that could be pundered for covers.

DH

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:53 pm

screw the screwholes, the plane just sucks IMO
i wouldnt have paid 40 for it..

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:59 pm

screw the screwholes, the plane just sucks IMO
i wouldnt have paid 40 for it..
The Avenger is a magnificent beast. If you don’t like yours take it back so someone who does can have it. :evil:

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:01 pm

i already assemlbed it and all

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:06 pm

I never thought I would see a 1:18th scale airplane bring out all these emotions. I know the Avenger has its faults, but name a 1:18th scale model that doesn't? I am just glad that someone makes these large models. I think we should all stop bitching, and just keep collecting. :D
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

Wings_&_Armor
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Wings_&_Armor » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:06 pm

zonetoys wrote:Yipee!

They have hit the Mid-Atlantic coast!
Picked one up at WM this morning, where there wasn't one yesterday! Nice BIG plane! Although paying $70 was hard for me to chew for a PLANE, it is a really nicely detailed Plane! I have a few quirks about quality control though! One of the landing gear springs is missing and one of the torpedo doors was glued shut at the front, where the seam of the fuselodge was glued together! Xacto knife and caution took care of that though. The screw holes not being covered are not that major of a deterant!

I was not all that excited by the early pictures I saw on the Web, but when you see this thing in person, it is impressive. Even if you have made up your mind not to purchase one, at least go look at it, you may want to put one on lay-away!

Now, where does that little bent rubber antenna thingy go? Guess I'll have to look back on previous posts!
I live just a little north of Virginia beach. Can you tell me which Walmart had them? Was there any left?

Thanks,

Andy

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:09 pm

tmanthegreat wrote: What TTT has noted in his conversations with the small retailers is also tragic. I know that Wal Mart is 21c's main customer, but it would have been so much better if the Avengers could have gone to the small retailers as well. (There have been times in the past where aircraft went to both outlets almost simultaneously.) Wal Mart can survive w/o 21c; many of the retailers can't. I'm sure they will arrive at the retailers eventually, but places like BCA and TheToyFederation should have gotten first dibs. It would have meant alot less Wal Mart searching and wasted gas for many of us :wink:
I am not trying to figure out 21st's way of thinking, but I am pretty sure it comes down to pure economics.. 21st probably got "X" amount from China, and rather fill a few small orders, it filled the biggest first.. Would you rather sell 500 pieces to small customers or 20,000 to your biggest customer??? Let's not kid ourselves for one minute here folks, 21st is a company that needs to make money to survive.. I am sure the Avenger and it's problems probably sucked up a bunch of money that needed to be recooped, and Walmart is the main player in this game.. :?

I like what I see in the Avenger, but I will hold out for the George Bush plane whenever it comes out.. As far as the open holes go, I bet there is someone on the assembly line in China wondering "What are all these little plastic disks for"?? I am also betting that the plugs might soon be available from 21st for anyone that needs them.. :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:17 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if it came down to the price. Again, senseless fanboy conjecture, but this is a pretty big price jump compared to previous offerings. Wouldn't surprise me if Walmart is nervous, so 21C throws a bone and promises something like no competition when they first become available. After all, this comes after the 1/6 hummers and 1/9 abrams, so maybe Walmart is nervous having racks of giant Avenger boxes.

See, I don't have the Avenger yet, so I have nothing better to do but come up with wild a@@ conspiracy theories :wink:

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:31 pm

I fInally found some in San Antonio today after search 4 Walmarts. There were 7 of them on the top shelf. I almost missed them on my way out of the store. I bought 3 of them. fairly impressive plane and BIG! I can see the problem they had trying to get this thing in a standard box.
I don't really like the screw holes but I think I can fix that. The canopy on the plane could be used for other Topedo planes ect. Overall I'm pretty happy with it. Let me know if you can't find one T-man. I'll send you one.

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:10 pm

Threetoughtrucks wrote:Good new, bad news.

I was speaking to The Toy Federation this morning, on an order of mine for some 1/6 Alien figues and my long standing pre-order on the Avenger.

The news:

Both The Toy Federation and Bad Cat are getting no responses from 21C about their many pre-orders for the Avenger. We're talking about alot of money in pre-orders that are tp be refunded if 21C doesn't provide these e-tailers with Avengers and all production all goes to Wally.

They are not happy campers. They just want to know what is going on?
BCA's Bunker Hill Avenger is just not happening.

I don't know if this has been covered, this thread is so big, so fast, it's hard to keep up.

Anyone else heard the skinny on this? I do hope it's just a delay, and our e-tailers are not being aced out of the Avenger picture.

TTT
This is definitely tragic news for the small e-tailers. I hope it is a delay as well. What is scary to me is it sounds like Wal-Mart is telling 21st who they can and can't sell their products to. I know Wal-Mart is the large retailer for 21st, but things like this only hurt the online company's that could be the source for the larger or more obscure items we hope to see. The online retailers are great outlets for companys like Admiral and even bbi. I know none of them are closing shop from this, but many more occurances like this and...... :? Without them I think our 1/18 hobby will take a heavy toll. :roll:

USCGSARdog
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by USCGSARdog » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:56 pm

Zonetoys- I'm with Andy, which WM did you score your Avenger, where in the store and how many were there?

I was just at the WM in Newport News on Saturday and saw the new Stukas And BH Corsairs ( I saw your earlier post on this Andy, I must have just missed you!), but no Avengers. Looks like I will be making the trip down 64 again this weekend :roll: . As long as I don't come back empty handed the trip will be well worth it!

-Rob

Wings_&_Armor
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Wings_&_Armor » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:03 pm

USCGSARdog wrote:Zonetoys- I'm with Andy, which WM did you score your Avenger, where in the store and how many were there?

I was just at the WM in Newport News on Saturday and saw the new Stukas And BH Corsairs ( I saw your earlier post on this Andy, I must have just missed you!), but no Avengers. Looks like I will be making the trip down 64 again this weekend :roll: . As long as I don't come back empty handed the trip will be well worth it!

-Rob
Hey Rob. Let me know if you find anything and I'll do the same! :D
Glad I'm not alone on this one!

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Avenger and Catman - Aferg please read

Post by flayrah » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:09 pm

I haven't posted here in months -some pretty severe family and work concerns have kept me away - but "old timers" will recognize me from this board, and all the way back to the original Ground Pounders site. I've done trades, buys, or sales with many of you - and if there is any question of my "credentials", I'm CERTAIN there are members who would step up for me.

As someone who was scammed by Jerry Napier - and a LOT of people were, before he was exposed - I've been following both the Avenger and Catman threads, and I'd like to make this offer to Catman: If you are so unhappy with your Avenger, I'll buy it from you at a fair price. That would be no more than store price, with some for shipping, BUT considering from your posts you've already taken some of it apart and put it back together; AND looking at the not-so-good reputation you're starting to build here, I'd think you would be MORE THEN HAPPY to sell it at a LOSS just so you can get some good rep. So, how does that sound? You’ve already posted that you are willing to trade “anything” to “anyone”; ship first; and will even give something away just to start a good reputation. So, taking your previous statements and rep into account, you make a fair offer; ship first; and when I receive it in good, complete, undamaged condition, I'll send payment AND post a "good trader" message for you. I’m not talking about one of the “multiple” mint in box Avengers you posted you have, but the one you’ve already assembled and goofed around with – the one you are so unhappy with. Sound fair??? I'm NOT posting this because I want to get an Avenger at a cheap price - I don't even have room for one - but if we are dealing with another Jerry Napier I think everything possible should be done to cut it off at the roots and either expose a scam artist, or help out someone who’s been misunderstood.

Hey, even better, as I don’t even particularly want an Avenger, send the plane to Aferg or another reputable board member in good standing who’s having trouble finding the model. Once I hear from him that he received it in good condition, I’ll send you payment and then the board member will get his HTF plane, and you get TWO good trader posts! Catman, how can you loose?!?

Aferg - if you don't want Catman doing any trades, that's fine, I understand, just delete my post. I just wanted to toss out the gauntlet and see if Catman picks it up. That will tell a lot in itself.

PS – Catman, please don’t reply to me by e-mail, via private message, or any other way other than public posts. If you are on the up-and-up, anything you have to say should be posted for all to read. If you reply any other way, I’ll just delete your messages and there will be no deal.

kimtheredxd
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by kimtheredxd » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:09 pm

I was wondering. I see complaints about the price of the avenger .What was the price of the P-38? Seems like it was in the same price range as the avenger is am I correct? While I wish it was only $39.86 like the other planes I feel this is a fair price for such a hunk of plastic. WE asked and begged and pleaded for this plane so lets support 21st and buy every last one of em! :) Just my $69.99 worth :P
Could not think of anything to put here.