Dusty Trails articulated 1/18 figs

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
guilt t
Private First Class
Private First Class

Dusty Trails articulated 1/18 figs

Post by guilt t » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:52 pm

Just was browsing in magazine section of books-a-million and in Lee's (I think) there was an article re: Dusty Trails new line of realistec highly articulated 1/18 Western cowboy figs and a stagecoach. These looked amazing. Looked to be Earp & Holliday from Tombstone among others. It also mentioned a deal with Soldier of Fortune to produce similarly detailed 1/18 modern soldiers. Their website mentions the Soldier of Fortune deal, but not the western. Also, from website it looked like the SOF stuff might be what they're already making. Anyway, the 1/18 western stuff is for real and it is good.

guilt t
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by guilt t » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:52 pm

realistic, I mean.

Tinman
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Tinman » Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:05 pm

I'd like to see what the SOF figs are like.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:40 pm

I'm piqued on the western stuff. Count me in... Especially if a figure of my namesake comes about. :)
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

digger

NICE

Post by digger » Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:12 pm

This is great news. I'm glad to see 1/18th scale picking up, and I must say that Dusty Trails 1/12 guys are awesome.
But I only do 1/18 so if they can come even close it would be great. Especially since we have yet to receive a standard army soldier (and the country has been at war for 3 years) and I know they will do it. What is the hold up on a REGULAR Army infantrymen anyway? Well, I hope they do it, and also I hope they break their pattern of doing 1 figure per concept. We need few from the same division....

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:16 am

What is the address for the Dusty Trails website? I searched and can't find it.

Jeff Cope
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Jeff Cope » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:52 am

flayrah wrote:What is the address for the Dusty Trails website? I searched and can't find it.
http://www.dustytrailtoys.com

Jeff

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:42 am

cool news. Dusty's 1/18 non articulated paras are really nice. If their upcoming figures are as nice they will be great!

Joebros
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Joebros » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:34 pm

Guilt T, thanks for the info.
This sounds great. Western figures will be very cool! :D Not enough western figures out there, IMHO.

The SOF figures don't sound too exciting if they are the same thing they already did in 1/12. Cool, but not as good as the western figures.
God Bless America.

"Improvise, overcome, adapt."
Gunny Sgt. Tom Highway: "Heartbreak Ridge"

digger

Huh?

Post by digger » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:54 pm

No offense but what is not exciting about a new line of highly detailed figures based on actual army units?

kenhil2
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by kenhil2 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:06 pm

cool to see them putting new stuff out, i like there stuff a lot, but my big grievance is that they arent articulated, the detail is cool, but the only one pose kinda sucks
...ken

Semper Fi

"if you haven't been there, shut the f@#k up"

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:12 pm

Saw the article this weekend. Very nice Western figures, grreat sculpts, I hope these are in the "go-ahead" stage, I'd certainly buy them. Sorry to see the shoulder is not ball-jointed, though. The stagecoach is outstanding. What I found most interesting, was the cannon and gatling gun - could Western-era soldiers be in the planning stage? How about Rough Riders.... :D

Jeff Cope
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Jeff Cope » Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:00 am

I finally made it to a bookstore yesterday (been wicked busy moving the past few days!), and was able to see the article and pics myself, too.

I'm not a huge fan of the western genre, but these look great and I'm planning on picking them up. Now, I'm really looking forward to seeing Dusty Trail Toys at Toy Fair in February!

Looking forward to seeing what they've got cookin' for the Soldier of Fortune line, too!

Jeff

75th Ranger
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Where are these 1/18 figures at?

Post by 75th Ranger » Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:28 pm

All I have seen and bought so far are the 1/12 Dusty trails figures and the dusty trails paratroopers.....where are these 1/18 articulated western figures at?..any pictures?....or are they the 1/12 scale figures?
please let me know because so far what i have seen of the Soldiers of Fourtune figures is that they are 1/12 scale.
keep me posted.

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:00 pm

Could someone scan and post the pics from the mag, Im curious to see how good they look, especially the wagon. (or would that be cheating the publishers :wink: )

Big_Iron
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Big_Iron » Sun Dec 26, 2004 6:58 am

Ok, here are the pics, I've posted them at other sites, and was just informed about the site here.

Very cool stuff. And I think I've got a list long enough to fill, well a history book!!

Paul

digger

Wow

Post by digger » Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:11 am

Many Thanks for posting the pics, and welcome to the board. The articulation on those guys look great (just like the BoB figs) and the detail on the wheel-mounted guns makes me dream of a pak 40 or any anti-tank gun. Their stagecoach has great detail too - shame it's not a trailer from WWII....I have no interest in western figures but it is nice to see authenticity and detail making it's way into the 4 inch line. I can't wait to see what their SOF figures look like....

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:40 am

Those look great! They'll make for a nice change of pace too. Thanks for posting those pictures. :)

75th Ranger
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

what about the 1/18 Special forces figures?

Post by 75th Ranger » Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:56 am

Any pics on the 1/18 new Dusty Trail Special Forces figures?
please post them,
thanks in advance
HOOAH!

Big_Iron
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Big_Iron » Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:24 pm

I haven't seen pics of the SOF guys yet. Just the blurb in the write up. But the MAC V SOG guy has me slightly interested.

The Western stuff is what really is going to rejuvinate my collecting bug.

I just hope it is going to be History based and NOT Hollywood based renditions of the famous characters. From what they've shown us so far it looks promising.

Joebros
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Joebros » Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:27 pm

Big Iron, thanks for posting pics. :D
Those figures look great! And they do look just like the guys from the movie "Tombstone."

Hope I can get these figs. :?
God Bless America.

"Improvise, overcome, adapt."
Gunny Sgt. Tom Highway: "Heartbreak Ridge"

Big_Iron
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Big_Iron » Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:52 am

Showtime must know I am getting my jones on for these figures, Tombstone has been on all month.

And everytime I watch it, I think of one more figure that Dusty Trails needs to add to my growing wish list.

Oh and that Stagecoach that Dusty Trails is making has the same paint job as the one in Tombstone (but then again most Coaches in that stage line were painted similarly).

Now they just need to give us more info/pics.

JJ, as you and I were talking on JD.com earlier, I got a good glimpse of the pictures I scanned SUPER enlarged (i'd be willing to send them to anybody wanting them, photobucket shrank them) and as far as hat removablility goes, I am leaning more and more towards DEFINTATELY removable. The gaps between hat and hair in places AND on my laptop if you look at it from a side angle on the screen the hats actually have a different looking paint or plastic. This is especially evident with the "Doc/Gambler" and he Cowboy.

MandaloreSC
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by MandaloreSC » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:30 pm

Thanks for the info! Im looking forward to this SOF Line. Did you read that they have a surprise line coming up, that they could' nt talk about yet? If I could wish for one - it would be the Colonial Marines from aliens done in this cool XD style. Im waiting for cool Colonial Marines figures since many years. 1:18 would be perfect! Oh boy - I hope I will ever see some before I get old :(

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:00 am

Aliens... Now there's a license that 21st would murder with if they got it. An extremely loyal fan-base as far as toys go, and that license seems to come around now and again as being "up for grabs" in the industry.

P,

I totally think those hats are removable. There's pretty clear gaps there from what I can tell. Not paint lines/seams either but full gaps. Should be quite cool. I like the uniqueness of the figures. I just hope the artillery and Gatlin Gun are a sign of soldiers to come. To see them take the 1:18 action figure market by storm in a variety of eras (like their pre-posed 6" line), would be most welcome... Civil War would be probably my highest priority... Though at this point, any era or theme would rock. Pirates, Wild West, WW1 or 2, Revolution (French or American), etc., etc., etc...
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

momaw nadon
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by momaw nadon » Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:42 pm

Now you are talking. The Colonial Marines from Aliens would rock, but there would have to be a UD-4L Cheyenne dropship and M577 APC. I would even go for the mercenaries from Alien: Resurrection, but I would go for anything from the Alien(s) or Predator series in 21st C 1/18 scale style.
momaw nadon