POST AVENGER FINDS AND DISCUSSION HERE!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:29 pm

Wasn't the Stuka and Corsair spotted first in the middle states and then CA and finally East coast?

Our area WM just seem to be stocking on the stukas and corsair NOW.

I am curious about the wing hinge, Metal? or PVC type plastic.

If you have a walmart receipt, I'd like the stock number. Would hate to have toy managemnet sitting on these until the store sells a few ME 109's first.

I guess that is why e tailers are pissed the contract was revised to allow WM first dibs...? Or they found WM price and realized the usual $20-30 markup wasn't going to fly.

My pre orders are around $64 each

DH

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:33 pm

scbvideoboy wrote:Wasn't the Stuka and Corsair spotted first in the middle states and then CA and finally East coast?

Our area WM just seem to be stocking on the stukas and corsair NOW.

I am curious about the wing hinge, Metal? or PVC type plastic.

If you have a walmart receipt, I'd like the stock number. Would hate to have toy managemnet sitting on these until the store sells a few ME 109's first.

I guess that is why e tailers are pissed the contract was revised to allow WM first dibs...? Or they found WM price and realized the usual $20-30 markup wasn't going to fly.

My pre orders are around $64 each

DH

I bought a Stuka and a Corsair at Wally two weeks ago here in San Antonio....
That particular one I went to about a month before this time, so they were stocked no furthar back than a month.

As for the 64$ pre-order, did this include the shipping which is an average of 12.35?

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:40 pm

scbvideoboy wrote:Wasn't the Stuka and Corsair spotted first in the middle states and then CA and finally East coast?
Stukas & Corsairs were actually first spotted in CA, then elsewhere :wink:

On another note, I am now pissed as none of the four Wal Marts in my immediate area have stocked the Avenger as of yet, despite reports of them being found to the north and south of my location. No sign they were ever there at any of the stores :?

I'll give this a week...
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:45 pm

I just got back from one of the three WalMarts we have here. No Avenger, just the three BF-109s that have been there for awhile. :(
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

boyx30
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by boyx30 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:50 pm

San Jose WalMart (monterey HWY) nothing yet..as of 30 minutes ago

normandy

Post by normandy » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:08 pm

This is great news, as for the screw holes try Squadron white putty. 2.3 oz tube $3.00 and you can find it at most hobby shops.

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:39 pm

As for the 64$ pre-order, did this include the shipping which is an average of 12.35?
did not include shipping however the original price for pre order was like $84 or something like that.

DH

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:40 pm

with tax at WM it should be about 75.06

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:05 pm

I'd be happy to purchase from an online source if one gets them in stock at a reasonable price. No more pre-orders for me, at least for a while!

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:11 pm

How many of you are going to spend Friday night stalking the stockers in the Walmart toy departments. Best time is around 11:00, when most of the pallets have been brought out to the floor. The employees love when you go through the pallets :wink: (confessions of a recovering Star Wars addict)

Big Duke 6
Sergeant
Sergeant

Question for TKO

Post by Big Duke 6 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:18 pm

Looks great, a little bummed out about the screw holes.....

TKO: Are there plans to offer caps for the screw holes ? Maybe the next run ? an oversight ?

Regards, BD6

MK
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MK » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:21 pm

Is anyone else's bubble turret a little wonky? The bubble won't set all the way down on one side even without the pilot sitting in it. Also, it doesn't swivel very easy.

Also, did anyone figure out the black antenna that came with the torpedo?

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:39 pm

Man I thought I was going to Wal-Mart today but damn...
We'll have to go tomorrow and check it out..

eh.. that'd be futile...
im sure kamikaze already cleaned them all out :wink:

wm69
Corporal
Corporal

Post by wm69 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:43 pm

aferguson wrote:the other Avenger on Ebay is from Arizona (i assume AR is arizona...not arkansas?). Anyway, it's a Dauntless Avenger!.....boy gotta get me one of those! :lol:

Man I knew that was coming. :oops: I fixed the auction but reading all of ya'll going on and on about "wouldn't a Dauntless be cool?" in the original thread along with 5 people standing behind me waiting to use the computer (at work no less) resulted in my screwing up the title.

I found 8 more in the McAlester Oklahoma store today, which is on the far side of BFE (TOTALLY in the middle of nowhere). They're still on the shelves.

I posted the SKU# in the subject of my post at the bottom of page 3 for those who want to call WM instead of blindly driving from store to store (although you never know if they actually check or if they just say "we don't have it")

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:01 pm

Does anyone know if only the "Atlantic" version of the Avenger is being released now? I wonder if the "Bunker Hill" version will still be made?
Paul Hebert

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:02 pm

Which one is the Dark Blue one? Thats the one I want.

Helo Driver
Corporal
Corporal

Avengers....

Post by Helo Driver » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:28 pm

The little black pitot tube thingy that was in the torpedo bag is still a mystery. I've looked and looked and can't find a place for it to go.

As for the turret not turning to well, I'd say that just about everything on this doesn't open smoothly. The level of detail on these planes means tiny plastic hinges, etc. that don't like to be forced. Patience is extremely important or you'll break something. Speaking of which, my right aileron came unglued and apart without any manipulation on my part. No big deal, but it reempahsizes that these babies are brittle.

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:35 pm

Is the black pitot tube curved? The Avenger has one on the left wing, but it is on top of the tip of the wing.
Paul Hebert

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:41 pm

maybe its an antennae?

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:48 pm

Can someone post a photo of the thing?

I know there are 2 small black horn-like things on the side of the cockpit, Im not sure what they are though
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

Plastic Spastic
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Plastic Spastic » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:54 pm

cool plane. As for the missing screw hole plugs, I'll bet it is fixed down the road, but if someone can make some plastic disks or tapered cylinders and paint a few grey and a few white, and then sell the set for a few bucks, I think they'd pay for their Avenger in no time.
I really love the atlantic sheme as it shows off the detail so well, but I think a blue one is what I'll end up buying as it is so much more the scheme with which I associate the Avenger.

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:52 am

i think instead of making special trips to all the Wallyworlds i'll just wait for my BadCat preorder. maybe they will come with plugs :shock: ,it can't be long now, and the difference in price now makes it not worth the hassel of driving all over :roll:

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:43 am

KAGNEW wrote:i think instead of making special trips to all the Wallyworlds i'll just wait for my BadCat preorder. maybe they will come with plugs :shock: ,it can't be long now, and the difference in price now makes it not worth the hassel of driving all over :roll:
AH you done it now! The special Walmart Forces will be arriving at your home and making it clear that refusing to go to a Walmart will not be tolerated.

DH

I was at "mine" today, they just got Stukas, so I'm pretty sure that the Avenger will be weeks away. Finally found where the mark down isle is for toy related stuff.

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:55 am

oh no :lol:
but my wife makes up the difference in what % of our household income goes to Wallyworld :cry:

MK
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MK » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:03 am

Moth wrote:Can someone post a photo of the thing?
Name this part before I add it to my my useless parts bin along with the TOW missle launcher tripod legs from the humvee. :D

MK