WWII 1:18 Checklist

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:32 pm

aferguson, is the series one 109e the white 12? What is it called? I also updated the slist so far to everyone's comments.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:20 pm

yes, S1 is white 12.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

bird
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by bird » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:05 pm

I'd like to get a Hanomag someday soon.
Depends largely on my tax return. :P

aae83
Sergeant
Sergeant

More variations

Post by aae83 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:20 pm

tkjaer21, your list of aircraft is nearly complete, although the series number to paint scheme relationships are somewhat confused, I think.

Here are a couple of other variations to consider and some comments:

The S1 21st Kepford Corsair came in two waves:
1st issue w/ heavy silver "fingerprint" weathering
2nd issue w/o heavy silver weathering

The S1 21st Checkerboard P-47 Razorback came in two waves:
1st issue w/ plain olive drab cowl and w/o the canopy slot
2nd issue w/ noseart graphic on the cowl and w/ canopy slot

IMO, the original and re-designed P-51s should be kept in separate series: they are truly two different pedigrees w/ different SKUs.

The Four for Victory Contest prize paint scheme P-51 is supposed to be "The Tender Terror", when it arrives.

I would tend to draw the line at including aircraft that have not been available in quantity or of which only prototypes have been seen (e.g., the BBI Hellcat). If we start including prototypes, there are a bunch of pre-production one-off 109s that hit eBay a year or two ago. There were also several hand-painted P-51s given away at last year's Comic Con.

However, it's probably OK to include the 21st Avenger and Admiral Me-262 because their release is imminent, right? :wink:

Speaking of which, there's a fourth Avenger in the press: the George Bush scheme.

Finally, I second momaw nadon's desire for a photo archive of all releases. It would be wonderful to have access to a complete set of photos of every available model/paint scheme, taken from consistent perspectives and focal lengths, in good focus and hi-res. The shots on the 21st site are beautiful and a great start (and much appreciated Britt and Zach!), but many of the variants are missing. Also, the one-at-a-time presentation is somewhat clumsy for navigation if one wants to see all variants at once.

My 50 cents worth...

John