New 21st Armor Info Sunday 9 July!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
toyktdlgh
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by toyktdlgh » Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:22 am

Well I think it’s fantastic. A great addition. Sure, it’s not a King Tiger but a lot of people have been wanting this piece, my self included. Great job 21st!!!!

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:00 am

As my students would say--WOOT!
I am very excited at the posibility. This is certainly going to be a multiple buy. As well, whoever did the photo where it shows the guns range for traverse---very neat.
Aaron

Kleinesoldaten
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Kleinesoldaten » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:07 am

YAY HEY! A must buy for me. Its great to see a 1:6 scale piece downscaled to 1:18. Now I have renewed hope for a 1:18 m18 Hellcat.

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:14 am

From 21C site:

"The PAK 40 will not be molded in PINK! If you want one that way it will be up to you to paint one yourself!"

Is that a promise? If we buy it in pink, can we have it now? Finally, some 1/18 21C armor. Can't wait.

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:35 am

This is great news, and I can't wait until the first guy customizers one of the Pzkw 251's with the Pak-40 mounted in place of the MG, or else that is the next German half-track.....Wow. :)

I would like to know if this gun is in fact a scaled down 1/6. The 21C 1/6 Pak-40 is awesome and if 21C just scaled down that version maybe there is hope for 21C to scale down the best selling 1/6 White Scout Car and the M-5 Stuart ito 1/18.

We are all aware of the problems with "scaling up", but those problems should not exist in "scaling down".

And you relatively new guys ticked off that this new release is not a new "tank" or plane you want, lighten up, take a deep breath and realize this hobby is a long term period of waiting and wanting things that turn out to be a long way down the pipeline. The waiting is worth it.......we feel 21C is worth the wait.....or else you find a new hobby. :roll:

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

MK
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MK » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:59 am

tko211 wrote:The AREA-21 police is now converging on MK's home as we speak! :twisted:
I guess I better take Kim's advice and lay low for a while. I wonder if I should tell my wife about the Area-21 Police coming...hmmm. :lol:

I only let the cat out of the bag 3 hours before sunday PST, I doubt I would get anything higher than probabtion, right? :wink:

MK

MK
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MK » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:00 am

I fogot to add my comments about the PAK 40. I think it is going to open the doors for many more artillery pieces. I will get at least two to add to my collection. I think the detailing looks great!

MK

digger

Pak

Post by digger » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:03 am

GooglyDoogly wrote:*Uses search function to find out how many people pined for a Pak 40, and how often...*
:lol:

Well, it's no Jagdpanther, King Tiger, Firefly, 88mm, and countless other armor/artillery pieces that people actually wished for, but I guess it's better than another repaint... :roll:
:lol: Googly, I think you're the one pushing for the damn Firefly - I think many people would prefer the Pak 40 to a Firefly - but nice try though. :lol:
And for the people who are so dissappointed, do you collect 1:18 scale or not? This is not really an obscure piece or something that shouldn't have been done. With shells and working breach - very cool. :D

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:09 am

With this Pak and assuming the King Tiger, that will be four new pieces of armour coming out by year's end....and who know's there may even be more still! That's about as much as we've seen in the last three years or so. And 3 out of the four have been much requested (KT, Pak, M16).

It doesn't get any better than this gang, so for those who are disappointed.....as Triple T said, you may want to find another hobby, cause with this one, you're definitely in it for the long term..
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:11 am

Yeah baby! I am all over this one! I really, really like crewed weapons, and this is on the top of the list. It looks like they scaled down the 1:6 model, so we won't have the incorrent "semi-recoiled" issues of the 1:32 version. Yehaaaa!

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

digger

Post by digger » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:16 am

aferguson wrote:With this Pak and assuming the King Tiger, that will be four new pieces of armour coming out by year's end....and who know's there may even be more still! That's about as much as we've seen in the last three years or so. And 3 out of the four have been much requested (KT, Pak, M16)..
Who siad the KT is coming out this year? I thought they 07 last we heard (that was a while ago..).

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:18 am

The gun is cool, now to modify the hitch on the 251 for towing.
I would like to know if this gun is in fact a scaled down 1/6. The 21C 1/6 Pak-40 is awesome and if 21C just scaled down that version maybe there is hope for 21C to scale down the best selling 1/6 White Scout Car and the M-5 Stuart ito 1/18.

We are all aware of the problems with "scaling up", but those problems should not exist in "scaling down".
You still have to make the molds right? How are molds made today, by CAD and then CNC machines? or old days with craftsmans hand making the plugs?

DH

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:38 am

we heard a while back (can't remember from whom) that the KT should be a very end of the year release. I guess we'll know soon, if it appears in the 'tidal wave' of news or not.

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:46 am

I like the idea of finally getting some artillery pieces. The Pak 40 can not only be made into an Sdkfz 251/22 but can also be put on a custom RSO chassis, made into a Marder Tank Destroyer, Sdkfz 234/4 (8 wheeled armored car with open turret), not to mention putting it in a
pillbox or D-Day senario. We will also have a detailed rear gun assembly to detail the inside of our Panzers equipped
with the 7.5mm Pak. Overall very good news for costomizing possibilities. Almost
forgot to mention that the gun carriage can be modified to make different guns. Not as cool as a new tank but I'm not complaining. I will personally buy quite a few of these.

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:10 am

i think they should make a fla'k 88, and then give us an 8 ton german troop carrier to haul it!! thatd be sweet. they already have that in 1:32...

lablksmith
Sergeant
Sergeant

No bummer intended...

Post by lablksmith » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:13 pm

Dont mean to add a downer but they better put some goodies with this to get $20 to $25 a piece. Im buying German and US half tracks @ local WMS for $22. Still happy they are making them though...

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:15 pm

man, the walmarts here dont have anything. all they have are 1:32 planes and 1:18 tankers and vehicle drivers. thats all

lablksmith
Sergeant
Sergeant

Sorry to hear that...

Post by lablksmith » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:02 pm

catman wrote:man, the walmarts here dont have anything. all they have are 1:32 planes and 1:18 tankers and vehicle drivers. thats all
Sorry to hear that. My son just moved to Dallas. Was hoping to have some loaded new WMs to check out when we visit...

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:26 pm

i hope so. the only good things i got from a walmart here was one in downtown, like 40 miles from my house. i got a patton(figure), a couple of humvees, and a flak 88 there

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:16 pm

Wow! I am all over this! I have a collection of small scale artillery pieces, and this will fit right in - oh, and it will work wonderfully with my XD Germans and Hannomag. I love the fact that 21c is including all the features and the ammunition as well. Now that's two armor pieces I will want to get from 21c now :D

Where does one find all the space?
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:48 pm

I friggin' love that, I can't wait. I just hope the price is right and this isn't chiming in at hefty tank prices or anything... $20 for a halftrack is cool, $20 for a gun is... eh. I'm hoping it's coming in slightly less.

I'll certainly be buying this one in multiples though if the price is good there... It'll be great for my BotB Germans to stand around, to put in an ambush diorama with the French Farmhouse... I can't wait for this one. :)

Now we need that 88 and a Howitzer.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:01 am

aferguson wrote:(although i'm not sure i've ever seen them being used in North Africa, oddly enough)

You are correct in that the towed PaK 40 did not serve in North Africa. It'll do just fine, however, with my advanced prototype DAK Skfd 251 Ausf D. 8)

After some looking around I discovered that it did see quite a bit of sevice in North Africa as a self propelled AT gun aka Marder. Now all I need is a 1/18 Marder. Take note TKO! :wink:
Last edited by flpickupman on Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:06 am

that's very odd.......with the high importance of anti tank guns to the war in North Africa you'd think the towed Pak 40 would have been common...

Can't be the conditions, if you can tow an 88 around you can certainly tow a pak 40.

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:16 am

It might have been an issue of speed to action, with the Marder not having to limber and unlimber.

It may have also been an issue of availablility. The PaK 40 wasn't issued until late 1941 and the initial allotment may have been slated for the Marder program.

Either way, I can get around the absence of the towed piece in the same manner that I got around the absence of the Hanomag. With some German Sand Yellow and a flexible sense of history. lol

P.S. I hope for a $25 price point, it comes with at least two crewmen.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:28 am

:?: The Hanomag was used in North Africa.....in a few variations.