BBI Marine's Dream turns into my nightmare!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

BBI Marine's Dream turns into my nightmare!

Post by billgiff » Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:21 pm

I finally got around to opening my BBI Marine's Dream Corsair. All was going well until I put the wings on. I was wondering why the left wing wouldn't fit and then it dawns on me that my freaking plane has two right wings and no left. What are the freaking odds of that happening :?: Has anybody had this happen to them and who should I contact to correct the problem? I can't take it back to TRU because I have no receipt and they are out of them. Any help would be appreciated :( :(

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:53 pm

Oh.. that really sucks!! I'm really sorry about that. If I were you, I would try to return it anyways. You might find that they will take it back anyways. What would you lose?

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by billgiff » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:10 pm

Teamski, how is the customer service over at BBI? Do you think that they would send me a left wing? That's typical, I was always a 1/18 armor guy that decided to venture in 1/18 aircraft. Now this happens. Somethings telling me to stick with armor :shock:

rmoore456
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by rmoore456 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:15 pm

centone wrote:I had the same thing happen with my SP P-38 years ago and 21st (back in Arlene days) sent me a replacement right away.

Even without a receipt,if you bought it at TRU you should be able to return it for Geoffrey Dollars credit and, if they have any more, just pick up a new one.
Not anymore. You need a receipt for a return at TRU and they are not giving in.

Ray

ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by ostketten » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:44 pm

Not surprised by this at all, it seems to be the standard policy now at most of the big retailers. Still, I think he might be able to get results through BBI customer service, it's worth a shot anyway.

Scott

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:09 pm

Has anybody had this happen to them and who should I contact to correct the problem? I can't take it back to TRU because I have no receipt and they are out of them. Any help would be appreciated
The exact thing happened to me on the exact plane except it was the tail wings not the main wings. I had the receipt and took it back the next day. I would try contacting bbi directly or maybe asking Mike if he could help.

billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by billgiff » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:14 pm

Thanks to everyone who has replied to this issue. I posted Mike about my problem and I also filled out a replacement form on BBI's website. I hope they respond and fix this.

75th Ranger
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by 75th Ranger » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:15 pm

My recomendation is to use it as a down plane!
....even the 1/18 army takes csualties too!....hhaahahaha!

good luck!
"RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!"

HOOAH!

75th Ranger

http://community.webshots.com/user/diverman88
http://community.webshots.com/user/75thairborneranger
http://photobucket.com/albums/a360/75thRANGER/
http://community.webshots.com/user/alphascuba

kevrut

xd

Post by kevrut » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:37 pm

Somewhere there's a kid with a Corsair that has two LEFT wings. :roll:

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:56 am

take out one of your walmart corsairs and put in the bbi in the walmart box and return it for a refund.
Please don't do that. Look, I'm not trying to be the "moral police" here, and I understand that the theory here is probably to stick some faceless mega-corporation (in this case Walmart) with the defective product, but doing this just makes a bad situation worse, and some poor kid is going to end up disappointed at his birthday party or similar. Sorry Boomboom, but I am against this practice, because you are just passing along your bad luck to the next guy, and personally I will not do that. Not a sermon, just a thought.

Scott

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:41 am

That's called a switch and return, and the Matchbox forum guys run into the same thing. (too often from the posts)

Cause you know WM will put it right back on the shelf. Not a good thing.

I better check my BBi corsair out...

DH

JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by JOC » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:09 am

Just give BBI customer service a chance on this one. I had to get a new pilot because mine came with only one arm. After explaining the problem, a brand new one showed up in the mail. I would suggest you go to their website, sign up for their club, and then ask for the part replacement. Much better, than the "bait and switch" method suggested earlier. It will take some time, as the part does come from China.
Good Luck
JOC

billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by billgiff » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:06 am

I'm going to wait and see what BBI comes up with or if any broken BBI "M.D." Corsairs pop up on evilbay or this board. I'm not going to switch anything out and return it because it's just not right. Anyway, everybody is so worried about that poor kid getting a bad airplane. Well, I'm that poor kid right now. I think BBI will do the right thing and replace my wing although it'll take some time. For now, the Corsair is going into the closet because I get pissed off every time I look at it. :?

blaster_e11
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blaster_e11 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:00 am

ostketten wrote:
Not surprised by this at all, it seems to be the standard policy now at most of the big retailers. Still, I think he might be able to get results through BBI customer service, it's worth a shot anyway.

Scott
try bbi for better luck

i think the return policy in the US was a bit lax, when i heard about it i was wondering if it would become the rule in other countries, well since they are changing it, i guess it's not

:roll:

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:19 am

billgiff wrote:I'm going to wait and see what BBI comes up with or if any broken BBI "M.D." Corsairs pop up on evilbay or this board. I'm not going to switch anything out and return it because it's just not right. Anyway, everybody is so worried about that poor kid getting a bad airplane. Well, I'm that poor kid right now. I think BBI will do the right thing and replace my wing although it'll take some time. For now, the Corsair is going into the closet because I get pissed off every time I look at it. :?
Actually your plane seems to be a factory mistake. So you are not the little kid who got swindled...trust the BBi customer service dept.

In these lean times money wise companies just cannot afford bad or negative publicity.

What most members find distasteful is the switch and return practice which a few members described almost like a commonly done thing.

Dave

billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by billgiff » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:48 am

Dave, I was just making a statement about being the "poor kid" in a joking fashion. Of course it was a factory flaw and not some person being dishonest. I too see a lot of the switched merchandise scams and It bothers me especially when it's something I want. Like I stated in my past posts, I'm going to put my trust into BBI's customer service to correct the situation. I NEVER said anything about "The Distasteful Switch and Return Practice. Bill

billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by billgiff » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:40 pm

Soap box? Who said Walmart is good for America? Not me! The only thing I buy in there is XD. BTW, I never voted for a Bush! Sr. or Jr. So you're wrong again. This post was about a BBI product problem, not politics or the economy. It's about a toy not real life. Let's keep it that way.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:06 pm

well said billgiff..
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:56 am

I just got my Bbi VMF 115 F4u Corsair today I better check it out.

dfoos
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by dfoos » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:55 am

WOW, I never thought someone would openly admit to switching on this forum. Get off our soapboxes? People like you are the reason so many of us buy stuff and get home only to find that some idiot switched the product and we have to turn around and go back to the store to return it. I have noticed this trend for years. It dosent just stop at returning defective merch. I have seen (quite often) where someone has bought some crappy NewRay tank they bought for $2.00 at a KB toys sellout and replaced it in a 21st box. The people who work at WM and such don't know the difference and they just put them back on the shelves. Then some poor kid gets it for his b-day because his parents don't have a clue. Good job, I hope you are happy being part of the problem Boom.

Oh by the way, I have NEVER had a problem returning something legit to WM or TRU. So I have no idea why someone would want to just screw up everyone elses day because they are too lazy to find or hang onto a reciept, or too lazy to call customer service. There are legitimate ways of returning your stuff if there is a problem.

billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by billgiff » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:26 am

Dfoos. there are legitimate ways of taking care of problems. Aferg and Mike(from BBI) are taking care of mine. It will take a little time but the Customer Service Dept. at BBI will correct it. So the system does work. Once again I send thanks out to Aferg and Mike.
BTW, I don't think throwing a receipt away has anything to do with being lazy. I thinks it's because we know that there is no way we are going to return our toys so we don't need them.

dfoos
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by dfoos » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:27 am

Hey there. I know not all people who lose a reciept are lazy, I was making a point. Some people can justify their actions all they want, but in the end, it still contributes to the problem. In some cases, like when it was suggested that a bbi plane is replaced in a 21st century box and returned, it's outright theft. There is someone in my area who does this and I hope he/she gets caught. The latest I've seen is buying $19.99 corgi History Channel models and replacing it with the $4.99 1:43 New Millineum vehicles and then returning it. The people at WM don't have a clue, they just stick it back on the shelf.
Anyway, I wasn't trying to suggest you were lazy, I was talking about the person who suggested that it was ok to do this because they don't bother to open their boxes and check the contents right away. They made it sound like that should exempt them from the law or something. Yeah sure, I didn't open my box for a year and when I did I found it was missing pieces or something, I guess that means stealing is ok for me. What a bunch of crap.
Like you, I say there are legitimate ways of going about getting a replacement. If someone (as stated earlier) decides not to check the contents for long periods of time, who's foult is that. Certainly not the manufacturer or the store from which it was bought.