Gi Joe Convention

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Gi Joe Convention

Post by tkjaer21 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:33 pm

For anyone interested, the 2006 GI Joe convention is going on right now in New Orleans.

http://www.mastercollector.com/neat/gij ... hedule.cfm

shadow83
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by shadow83 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:27 pm

Im just waiting to see what series 3 will include from marauder since i believe its this convention he will be reveiling it.

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:07 pm

I really like his work. It's such a great deal for all that you get. Did he also make the personalized Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow swords?

Gunner
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Gunner » Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:20 pm

VERY tempted to go, even at this late date, but I would spend WAY too much money, and I really need to stay put and work on things around the house (not to mention that I have to work on Tuesday...ahh the pleasures of working in the museum business...)

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:39 pm

I do collect joe stuff still but the thing that i really want to see is Marauder inc's wave 3 (theres supposed to be a jet too) and his stuff is so cool and great for the price can't wait to see wave 3!!!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:42 pm

a jet?
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

blaster_e11
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blaster_e11 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:10 pm

aferguson wrote:a jet?

:shock: :?:

shadow83
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by shadow83 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:40 pm

Yup according to what marauder postedon the joecustoms.com board there is a jet he unveiling along with series 3.

digger
Officer - Brigadier General

?

Post by digger » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:01 pm

Seems it is an underscale A-10 in funky colors. Maybe like the Combat Command. Hopefully we will get some pics.

shadow83
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by shadow83 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:20 am

Found this at joecustoms.com from marauder

marauderjohn Wrote:

TOP SECRET: 1:18 Scale A10 Attack Jet called "Combat Raider" and will be DARK BLUE! A very realistic version of the real plane...but not "too big" in size to work with 3 3/4 figures (slightly "dumbed" down scale like the PTE F18 Hornet). Bombs will be black, working & STURDY landing gear. All anyone needs to do is apply some Cobra decals....instant UPGRADE (have the website address to a guy in Mexico that makes INCREDIBLE vehicle decals).

-Machete
Almost same size as vintage, but has realistic handle.

-Flashlight (tunnel rat style, but detailed with clip)
An EXACT replica of the current "L" shaped flashlight (even down to "off/on" switch). Clip will let it "hook" to a belt or harness (future items).

-357 Magnum Pistol
The contoured grip and the detail are amazing.

-Luger
Always wanted a 1:18 scale Luger...will look so good with some of the
Crimson Guard Commanders & Cobra leaders.

-Combat knife (Rambo style, but IN SCALE)
Blade detail is amazing...and it is IN SCALE for 3 3/4 figures...no "Ninja force" stuff!

-Grenade (baseball type with handle)
It is 1:18 scale for the 3 3/4" figures. The vintage "hard hand" figures can't hold it, but the newer "rubbery" hands can hold it.

-Claymore Mine
Tricky item to design. Had two "pegs" on bottom of each end made in the "open" position. But if the item is used as planted, can "snap" them off or "insert" the peg into the ground.

-Cell Phone
Was between this and a walkie talkie...went with the cell phone for more of a modern twist.

-Beret (able to fit the "average" 1:18 scale head)
Went back & forth with the material. Decided on abs plastic, and had it made the "average" size. Will fit most figures.

-Rifle Rack
The top requested item from dio & diorama makers. Had to make it a little larger than originally planned to hold some of the bigger weapons and work with scope weapons.

-Sawed off, Double Barrel shotgun (Mad Max!)
Had the weapon made very similar to Mad Max's gun because of the shape of the handle on his gun.

-Tanker Helmet Mic (a black & AFFORDIBLE version of Heavy Metal's mic)
"ALMOST" an exact replica of Heavy Metals, but molded in black. Only
difference is some slight detail difference on the stem. Have to hold a vintage mic next to it and compare closely to see the difference. With a little custom work, should be able to work with most figures that used mics.

-Modified British Sterling submachine Gun (AKA Stormtrooper Blaster)
Yup, moved this one up to the 3rd series just for the Star Wars fans
(Spectre is their cheer leader!). Going to find out once & for all if the SW customizers can support a custom item. It is an exact duplicate, except for some details on the scope.

-AK74 with full stock, REMOVABLE Ammo Clip & REMOVABLE Bayonet
Not just Oktober Guard fans, but Crimson Guard & Cobra fans everywhere. Been flooded with requests for CG gun w/ bayonet...so went for the improved version. The removable clip is a feature never tried on a 1:18 scale weapon. Will also have "extra" clips available to "tape" together or to be used in dios. The bayonet will be a nice "stand alone" weapon by itself (in scale, correct size handle and a longer blade). Hopefully this gun is a big item (the prototype cost me 3 times more than any other weapon I've EVER had made!).

I will definetly be ordering quite a bit of these,like most no doubt will.

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:11 pm

I am totally looking forward to all of these offerings from MJ the accs will rock and this new AK is going to arm alot of my customs! as for the jet its a blue A-10!!!!! not to scale i don't think but looks quite nice anyway heres the link to some pics
http://www.starrcommand.com/next

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:04 pm

Just saw the A-10 pics. Although not to scale, I really applaud MJ. First, he starts putting out decent weapons where you can buy as many of what you want, without having to buy sets. Then, he has the juevos to put out a vehicle like the A-10. I really hope his company keeps doing well enough to keep up the good work.

(Sorry if this sounds like kissin' bum, but he had me sold with the RPGs and AK-47s).

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:33 pm

That A-10 looks great......just wish it was to scale. :roll: This will fit great however in the "Joe Scale" universe. I think this is a great testament to how popular the A-10 is though. :D Now if somebody will just bring us one in true 1/18 scale. We keep getting so close. Maybe it is around the corner.

SuRrEaLNJ
Corporal
Corporal

Post by SuRrEaLNJ » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:56 am

sorry guys, reposted the link as i didnt see it above... disregaurd me
[color=red][url=http://www.surrealnewjersey.com][size=200]SURREAL NJ[/size][/url] Historical, Abandoned and "Haunted" Locations. Based in NY/NJ
[/color]