21C WALMART UPDATE...POST FINDS HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:52 pm

hotrodrock wrote:Finally found a red tulip nose 109 at the WM in Temecula CA. First one I've been able to find and will probably be the only one of the 6's that I get. They actually had 1 each of all the G-6's which is the first time I've seen that. Also had the German 104 and a Sky Captain. Had the US halftrack which I haven't seen in a store in a while and a Sdk.
Finally found one :shock: There were so many of red nose 109s in every California Wal Mart and they just sat around. The were at all 6 stores in my general area in central california, and there are still some! Everyone in every state east of the rockies has had a far more diverse distribution of 1:18 goods at Wal Mart than we have ever gotten in the west. Its kind of wierd if you ask me...
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:30 pm

Everyone in every state east of the rockies has had a far more diverse distribution of 1:18 goods at Wal Mart than we have ever gotten in the west. Its kind of wierd if you ask me...
You've obviously not been to Pittsburgh. ;) :lol:
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by billgiff » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:59 am

I guess that you don't visit Central N.J. either. Our Walmarts have to be the worst in the country. We are bogged down with the German 104, Black Me-109, Seemann, R/C M113, Japs and OMG. :evil: Nothing new, good or rare. :(

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:45 pm

Yeah - but you GOT the German F-104, Seeman 109, had the others earlier. In the west we are only just getting the silver F-104s, Hackl & Sahl 109s in any quantity and still have yet to see whats rotting in your AO. Its all just odd.

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:31 pm

On that note I just picked up the M48 Patton re issue, it feels a lot heavier and I believe the hull is metal. I haven't taken it out yet but the paint on metal has a different look than on plastic.

It would be so nice if every walmart carried everything and had a regular stocking day ala the dvd and video section which is Tuesday in our area.

No mention of these re issues from area 21 or 21C.

DH

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:29 pm

scbvideoboy,
Did they have any more of the M48 Patton tank??

ANYONE - I am willing to trade a M2 Bradley or other items for a M48 Patton Tank - please email me: [email protected]
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:30 am

Hey scbvideoboy,

I was just wondering if your M-48 had the muffler/snokel that hooked to the back of the tank? Also, were there any spare parts that I must be missing like whatever fits in the slots at the beginning of the turret? One last thing, please confirm if there was a figure or not.

Many thanks,
tkjaer21.

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:14 am

Razor17019 wrote:scbvideoboy,

ANYONE - I am willing to trade a M2 Bradley or other items for a M48 Patton Tank - please email me: [email protected]
I only saw one on the shelf. And took it and was giddy all the way to the register.

I have been hitting just about every walmart in my daily travels as service tech since it was posted reissues were being found and this WM had the 104's, 109's, stukas, corsair, the german halftrack with number 13. No jeep.

This tank weighs a ton, all metal hull, same plastic turret, and no weathering applied. Looks and smells fresh off the assembly line.

No figure and no snorkel, just a hole in back. Rust colored tracks with same USMC marking.

tkjaer21 sent you a PM.

Dave

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:05 pm

i am going hunting.....any one in cali seen these...

I look in san diego then in Orange or anahiem a little latter in the week. if you see it let me know......

time to go hunting....yes..
whats up doc....

digger

Patton

Post by digger » Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:16 pm

Razor, I see they are in Kentucky so I would hit the local WMs:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultimate-Soldier-M4 ... dZViewItem

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:19 pm

Really nice to see 21C using metal on tank hulls. Wish they would start doing metal turrets too.

No sign of new vehicles here today.

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:51 pm

The Wal-Mart that I bought my M-48 also had an M-41, and a P-47 Eileen Bubbletop. I think that they were there because the Wal-Mart had just opened on May 17th. I bet most of the Tanks are in the back storage. I wonder if you ask them or give them a SKU number, if an employee can get it for you?

momaw nadon
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by momaw nadon » Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:50 pm

I have seen the Navy Seal Tac Jeep today. Same box style as the Mutt with tow and no figure. Has anyone else seen these? Has the Mutt with M60 been spotted? Thanks
momaw nadon

Razor17019

Re: Patton

Post by Razor17019 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:34 pm

digger wrote:

Razor, I see they are in Kentucky so I would hit the local WMs:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultimate-Soldier-M4 ... dZViewItem
Digger,
Thanks for the info. But Louisville, KY (The Ebay location in link above) is like 2 hours from me. I have been looking around my local AO WMs and have not seen anything yet. It's wierd with WM's distribution. Tman in CA can sometimes find new XD items you and I can't find in our areas. Whereas, sometimes you or I are the lucky ones to find the new item first...
Who are these WM distribution people?? THEY ARE EVIL! :twisted:
They taunt us with their non-pattern distribution!
Last edited by Razor17019 on Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:38 pm

momaw nadon wrote:I have seen the Navy Seal Tac Jeep today. Same box style as the Mutt with tow and no figure. Has anyone else seen these? Has the Mutt with M60 been spotted? Thanks
momaw nadon
Okay- if anyone finds a M60 Mutt - SHOUT OUT and email me: [email protected]

If there is New-Old Vietnam stuff out there - I WANT IT!!!
Missed the boat the first time around on these vehicles.

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:05 am

mutt with towl and the spcial force jeep in cali. this is a second confirmation.

. no mut with m16

if i see i pick you up one. razor..
whats up doc....

digger

ugh

Post by digger » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:47 pm

NSTV is the vehicle you have to wonder about. I really don't know why they released this one again - it was a total shelf warmer. Now with no VN Seal it is really a dull offering. People were groaning about the new hanomag; this release puts it in perspective. I hope we don't see the M41 again... :?

tmanthegreat

Re: ugh

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:50 pm

digger wrote:NSTV is the vehicle you have to wonder about. I really don't know why they released this one again - it was a total shelf warmer. Now with no VN Seal it is really a dull offering. People were groaning about the new hanomag; this release puts it in perspective. I hope we don't see the M41 again... :?
I like the idea of releasing the regular Mutt with the TOW launcher - it at least gives us a basic ground vehicle that can be customized and so on to suit our needs. Besides, weren't we clamoring for 21c to release a small "jeep" vehicle at one point?

As for the Seal Tactical Vehicle, these are still avaliable at some small retailers (The Toy Federation, for one) and cost pretty much the same as the Wal Mart version if you don't count the shipping. Plus, it comes with the Viet Nam Seal figure. I totally agree that this was a shelf-warmer, and the origional version sounds a little better than the WM rehash.

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:38 pm

The Nogales Walmart had the four vehicles (halftrack, hannomog, NSTV, and TOW Mutt). I really wanted to get the TOW Mutt, but couldn't justify it when for the same price I got the Bulldog for, and that came with a figure. I'm glad 21C rereleased this, but no fig is a major oversight.

digger

m48

Post by digger » Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:50 pm

OK, that auction and some people here have been saying that there is metal in the tank - do we know this for sure or are we just guessing due to the weight. I can tell you right now that the original M48 was heavy as hell, and in the box easily could have been 6 pounds (as the one in this auction seemingly is). Anybody actually "felt" any metal on this sucker or are we going on conjecture? Thanks for any guidance.

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:41 am

I can confirm that the body and hull are metel, everything else is plastic on this tank.

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:38 am

I'm hoping for the new stuff here in Atlanta but three of the Walmarts I visit just unloaded three boxes of hummers and trucks -

now instead of two hummers sitting on the highshelf - i see 8 hummers sitting.
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

kimtheredxd
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by kimtheredxd » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:52 am

Local wallyworld(bremerton WA) Has NOTHING NEW! :(. I had money burning a hole in my pocket Went to get something kewl same old shelf warmers too bad i was ready to drop a hundred or so bucks.So the shoe department at Macys got the money 8)
Could not think of anything to put here.

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: m48

Post by scbvideoboy » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:25 pm

digger wrote:OK, that auction and some people here have been saying that there is metal in the tank - do we know this for sure or are we just guessing due to the weight. I can tell you right now that the original M48 was heavy as hell, and in the box easily could have been 6 pounds (as the one in this auction seemingly is). Anybody actually "felt" any metal on this sucker or are we going on conjecture? Thanks for any guidance.
Oh yeah it's metal, weighs a LOT more that the original, I had mine out and was tinging it, also metal feels colder than plastic and the paint has a different texture and specularity look than plastic.

Dave