JUNE 10th.....

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:04 am

PS... chack out AREA-21! A new article is up announcing the 1:32 scale Corsair... with folding wings! How is that for detail in 32x!

Threetoughtrucks
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:21 am

TKO: Right on with your bad self.. :roll:

Thanks to Roy and the staff at 21C for their effort.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:47 am

Threetoughtrucks wrote:TKO: Right on with your bad self.. :roll:

Thanks to Roy and the staff at 21C for their effort.

TTT
Agreed..100% :wink:

Corsair looks great!!! Can't wait to see the rest!!!
Any idea when we'll see these hitting the shelves (approximately)??? :D :D :D
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:50 am

Well Said TKO. I think we should be very grateful. I for one love my collection. It is very near and dear to me and I will take just about any WWII item that is offered in 1:18. No complaints here. Just keep bringing it on!!! :D

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:58 pm

I am all behind this company. I love the toys/models. They make a lazy man very happy. So, I have to wait. My mother always said good things come to those who wait.
Aaron

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:17 pm

Now, I'm getting ticked off. Damn, but that new 1/32 Corsair looks very nice. That's all I need, another scale to get involved in

Maybe, that is exactly what I need to fill the gaps in 1/18 vehicles. :lol:

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

tko211

Post by tko211 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:01 pm

I know, I know! :lol:
When I saw the Corsair yesterday I was totally excited. I love the wings and I am really happy to see they included that on the 32x model.

I have been holding off on the collecting every 32x thing but 21st is making it really hard with these newer pieces! I can see it already... Bombers will be made someday (hopefully) and it will be all over for me at that point! I will be hooked on that as well!
:roll:

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:31 pm

Its too late for me. I picked up three aircraft from the Macchi series alone - there were just too many neat paintschemes and now that a couple of my real WWII favorites are coming out, I'll be even more in the hole :lol:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:07 pm

As impatient as I am waiting for the new releases, I am glad these companies are even around. Five years ago there wasn't much in the way of historically correct planes or armor unless you wanted to build a kit. Now we have more stuff being released than ever before. I guess thats what keeps me from complaining a lot. I collect all the scales and I understand the delays in release dates are killing you guys that collect mainly one scale. :x

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

tko211

Post by tko211 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:13 pm

I was in touch with Roy Sutherland tonight. He is in HK overseeing final production of some new product that is about to finish. Sounds like we might get some ETA's on a few pieces of product in the coming weeks. Not 100% certain yet so we can't say much.
Things sound good though.

-TKO

75th Ranger
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by 75th Ranger » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:59 am

Anything on the 1/6 scale?...vehicles or items? or close to that scale?......I think their 1/6 & 1/9 vehicles are the best in the market for the money, quality and r/c capabilites.

Anything??????

keep me posted,

thanks in advance.

HOOAH!
"RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!"

HOOAH!

75th Ranger

http://community.webshots.com/user/diverman88
http://community.webshots.com/user/75thairborneranger
http://photobucket.com/albums/a360/75thRANGER/
http://community.webshots.com/user/alphascuba

jeffrowse
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by jeffrowse » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:44 am

tko211 wrote:PS... chack out AREA-21! A new article is up announcing the 1:32 scale Corsair... with folding wings! How is that for detail in 32x!
But that's not a SLUF! Oh sorry, wrong Corsair... :oops:

Coreyeagle48

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:25 pm

Regarding some of the information covered since I last came on to this topic.

I have nothing but the uttermost respect for 21st Century Toys and their products. That was not the issue I was discussing. If I did not have respect for their company or their products, then I would not have bought so many of their fine 32X airplanes and at one time, their 1/18 planes and figures. I think they are terrific items and perfect for military collecting in a country where there seems to be some renewed interest in our history, especially World War II. I was simply making the point that there are some issues at 21st Century, and many of us know that. I was simply saying that one of their goals should be to make their products the best they possibly can. In many respects, they are doing so. But every so often, I see an example at the store that makes me have some doubt. I hope that as their products gain fans and popularity, the 21st items only improve. They slowly have, the retooled Mustang and the 32 X airplanes are terrific examples of that improvement. I hope in the future 21st Century and Walmart can work together to improve distrubution of their products. That would really start the success of 21st Century Toys.

I have the uttermost respect for TKO and the products he works very hard to represent. However, I took a little offense to his comment regarding the 1/18 line of products. It was almost claimed that TKO was stating I was not buying the 1/18 products because I did not like 21st Century Toys. This has also been silently stated by other members of this forum. So, without further delay because we all hate delays and everyone wants to intrude on my business as to why I do not collect 1/18 products, I will just tell everyone!

There are several reasons. The first is my grandfather. For many years during my childhood, my grandfather and I collected smaller airplanes, we even made quite a few in his woodshop behind his house when I would spend time with him over the summer. Recently, his health declined somewhat and he told me he would like me to have the airplanes he has collected over the years rather than them be sold at an estate. I agree. Since they have been rennovating their house, I figured it was a good time to move the collection. So I now have my own collection as well as my grandfather's collection in my airplane room at home. I don't agree with putting them all over the house, so I am limited to that room. And that is fine, there are a lot more important things than airplanes. However, no 1/18 airplane will ever replace any airplane of my grandfather's. That is just never going to happen.

The second reason is money. I'm a teacher yes, but I am not a rich one. My younger sister had a heart condition that required two surgeries as well as lots of doctor visits and care. My dad also lost his job a few years ago and was out of work during my college years. I paid for my entire college education to release the burden on my family where only my father works. And just so we understand each other, my dad drives truck. He is not a lawyer or a doctor or anything as such. In addition, I bought my parents house from them when I graduated, and have been paying that off. I also owe a little from college, car payments and other major things. I haven't even bought a plane over $40 in a long time, the B-25 was the real exception. Most if not all my airplanes in my collection are either gifts from my grandfather or other people. I will buy a 32x airplane, but only if I have some extra cash and there isn't something a kid in my class needs more.

Any extra money I have has gone toward my classroom and my students, because they are my first priority. You guys go to Walmart for XD planes worth $40, but that $40 in my pocket goes to markers, paper, crayons and pencils and goes far at Walmart. My students, many who are needy and their parents don't have the money for those items, need them desperately. My students deserve the tools to learn in the classroom and like many schools, the budget allowed just doesn't do it. So I take care of the rest, they deserve to learn, be successful and have good supplies. My live in girlfriend and I don't eat fancy meals, don't have a fancy house and don't live like a king and queen. I guess we are just generous people and care about our students to the fullest (she is a teacher too)

So sorry for the rant, but I am tired of people assuming I am simply a 21st Century critic who hates 1/18 scale. That isn't the case. I have real responsbilities and yes I am only 24, but I believe I am handling those responsbilites like and adult and a good teacher should.

tko211

Post by tko211 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:46 am

Corey-

:oops:
First let me apologize If I offended you, sincerely that was not at all my intention. I think you might have misunderstood my point concerning 1:18 scale products. To be direct, my point was simply that 21st produces the VAST majority of these military toys. And to that we should all be thankfull to that fact and considerate of the efforts made.

I have read your most recent post. It was intersting to get the background on your age, childhood, family, and current career path etc. It truely is nice to see what people do. I personally slaute your efforts and willingness to teach. The world could use more good guys just like you.

You had raised some questions in your post earlier this week that others in the past have also wondered about. (like what does 21st make? Toys? or Collectables? With my unique but still "loose" relationship with 21st I have a much better understanding of the real issues that surround the toy industry. I was just trying to shed a little light onto those subjects. Thats all.

Now, with this unique perspective I have come to have a deeper level of appreciation for what these hard working individuls have to do to bring a product to completion. The investment both personally and financially is huge.

The opportunity had just presented itself to lend my unique perspective, answer some questions, and remind people that 21st does monitor these boards. They would like to please everyone and they continue to do the best they can within the harsh realities of running a major operation. I thought fans might like to know that if we are overly critical, unrealistic, and unbareable as a group they will just stop listening. Wouldn't you?

If someone was to aks me what is my number 1 question or beef raied by fans this is it... The question I love the most..
Why doesn't 21st want to improve / control / or fix Wal-Mart distribution?

The answer (which may totally shock some of you) -21st is not as big as Wal-Mart yet. So untill 21st can buy out Wal-Mart and turn it into 21st-Mart, we all have to deal with the distribution situation there as frustrating as it is to us fans, I think it frustrates them more though I suspect. :wink:

But enough of this topic, it has become tiresome and old. The great news is that I had an opportunity to speak with Roy who is in China as we speak putting seveal products into final prodcution. New stuff is coming and there will be lots more to collect and talk about. We should be discussing Avengers soon I believe.

Good Night and I will see you all later this weekend! Fathers- Enjoy your special day this weekend!

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:34 am

Well stated Zach!

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

digger

F86

Post by digger » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:06 am

Indeed, Happy Father's day to Eric, Zach and everyone else braver than I.

As for toy talk - who was it that pointed out the 21C F86 nose section was off - too thick? I see they revised it which is certainly impressive responsiveness but also gives us some insight into how these things take so long...clearly the more detail we demand the more revisions, etc...If the starfighter is any indication of what's to come I think the Avenger and Korean War birds are going to be insane.

75th Ranger
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by 75th Ranger » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:02 am

I wish I was able to get my most promised Merrill Marauders set for Father's day!

:D :!: :?:
"RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!"

HOOAH!

75th Ranger

http://community.webshots.com/user/diverman88
http://community.webshots.com/user/75thairborneranger
http://photobucket.com/albums/a360/75thRANGER/
http://community.webshots.com/user/alphascuba

SGT. Saunders
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. Saunders » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:56 am

FIGHRES!!where are my WWII 1/18 British Reg Infantry?
There's only one way out of HELL! and that's through it!!

Coreyeagle48

TKO

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:31 pm

TKO,

No hard feelings at all, and it was entirely you that offended me. It's just that every so often on this board, I get the feeling people make comments directed at one another with a bit of ignorance or lack of understanding. I'm not singling you out or even saying you did this. I really just wanted people to know there was a real reason I don't collect 1/18 scale products, not just because I am a bum who likes to be critical of them and bash them left and right.

You are entirely correct, the Walmart distrbution is just pathetic. I never understood it and never will. Unfortunately, where I live, it's with everything. Sometimes you go in there and it looked like the zoo animals came to the store and raided the food section. It is terrible. I only hope that does get better and 21st as a company does what it can to help it get better.

TKO, I do appericate what you do for us, and you are a terrific addition to this forum. Perhaps I overreacted a little in my posts as well, for which I apologize to you if that was the case. You are very fortunate to be able to collect so many 1/18 items, but I am glad 21st came out with 1/32 because that works for me. I think it is actually the perfect balance of items with a smaller scale and a big scale. Of course we could say super large or very small now with 1/6 and 1/144 out.

So thanks again TKO, and no hard feelings.

Regards,

Corey