21C WALMART UPDATE...POST FINDS HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
KAMIKAZE
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by KAMIKAZE » Mon May 08, 2006 7:19 pm

I searched every store in town today and
could not find one Avenger :x . You know your hooked when you drop everything to go find a new plane. I told the toy mgr I metioned on the phone that
I would give him an extra $20.00 if he buys one for me. Lets see if that motivates him to get an Avenger for me.
He told me that at least 6 people called this morning looking for the same plane!
I am kind of getting the feeling that there are a lot more of us collector types out there. :?

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

pokeyjtc
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pokeyjtc » Mon May 08, 2006 8:22 pm

Yeah, I'm hooked too. I immediately went to the two closest WMs to my house after reading about the Avenger sighting. Nothing to report. One of the stores has a big gaping empty spot where the 1:18 planes are supposed to be. Here's hoping they fill it with Avengers :)

hworth18

Re: Avenger

Post by hworth18 » Tue May 09, 2006 10:24 am

digger wrote:
tmanthegreat wrote:This could be one of those "freak" early releases - like when I found the BH Corsairs and tropical Stuka at Wal Mart in January, long before they showed up at other Wal Marts.
I doubt they sent just two Avengers from China....I'd hate to think that they will sit in the back various WM for a while like the Stuka and Corsairs seem to have...who knows with 21C, WM and the Avenger - all 3 puzzles in and of themselves. :P :wink:

Hope that manager wasn't bsing...not funny if so..
It's not unusual to see wierd things popup.. I know the Sahl, Hackl and F-104 showed up at a Walmart here almost a week or more before anyone else saw it.. :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Tue May 09, 2006 1:49 pm

Local walmart had suprise! 3 stukas and corsair. First I've seen on the east coast of Florida. I said to myself I wasn't going to buy another stuka, but the tropical scheme looks really good.

Are there enhancements as well? Seems to me some improvements over earlier ones?

DH

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue May 09, 2006 3:20 pm

scbvideoboy wrote:Local walmart had suprise! 3 stukas and corsair. First I've seen on the east coast of Florida. I said to myself I wasn't going to buy another stuka, but the tropical scheme looks really good.

Are there enhancements as well? Seems to me some improvements over earlier ones?

DH
It is pretty much the same plane as the S1 release and on up. They did highlight some of the panel lines, which was a nice touch :D
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Tue May 09, 2006 6:37 pm

Threetoughtrucks wrote:That Avenger news can't be right. We are pre-ordering Avengers for alot more and waiting for two years and Wally brings it out for $39.95?? :?

At that price, I sure would buy every paint version. :P and I'm not even a plane guy. :oops:

TTT
Maybe he thought it was the bunker hill corsair, i've seen some of those toy dept staff and they aint working at rockwell for a reason...

I keep thinking what would I do, with 4 on preorder...

DH

luftpanzer

Post by luftpanzer » Tue May 16, 2006 12:48 pm

My sources at 21stC says more likely July for the Avengers. :roll:
Back At ft campbell KY Formally of Ocala FL

Flytiger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Flytiger » Sat May 20, 2006 6:31 am

Two WM's near us north of Dallas. One had a single Ridge Runner P-51 left as of yesterday, the other has four 109's that have been there for at least three weeks that I can remember. The stuka that was there is now gone.

Jolly Roger
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jolly Roger » Sat May 20, 2006 3:01 pm

picked up a German F104

first time ive seen one in person

Az
Still withering away from the A-10 Hunger Striker.

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sat May 27, 2006 9:10 pm

My closest WM, in Perth Amboy, NJ, is like Christmas in May:

Rows of 1/18 carded figures, close to a hundred of the tiny tanks. a bunch of 1/32 vehicles and planes and the only holdout for the last few months, a bunch of BF-109's and German F-104's, and a few 1/18 Humvee's.

I keep saying it and it keeps getting better for us guys at Wally every time I walk in.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

vulgarvulture
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by vulgarvulture » Tue May 30, 2006 8:57 am

Regarding the new 21st P-51s, there's been *no* sightings on the West Coast, right?

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Tue May 30, 2006 9:42 am

Yep. Of the several WM's I frequent, NADA!!

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Wed May 31, 2006 10:34 am

FINALLY SEEING THE RIDGERUNNER, CORSAIR, AND STUKA AT WALMART

ALONG WITH A NEW JAPANESE MARINE REPAINT - UNLESS IT IS THE OLDER ONE - KINDA A GRAYGREEN TONE.
WALMART HAS BEEN DRY FOR ABOUT A MONTH
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

Flytiger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Flytiger » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:30 pm

Three WM's in North Texas yesterday and today: One had the same four Black 8 109's as last week but a smattering of new ground gear. Another has one Ridge Runner P-51 left but just got in three of the same #8 109's and a German-marked F-104. The third has a new German F-104 and the Black #8 Bf109 plus two Ridge Runner P-51's.

I'm getting the sense that someone thinks the demand for German planes is neverending or that WM has been convinced it is.

Also, is it just me, or is WM determined to keep these things way above eye level for some reason? I've only seen a 1:18 airplane model on the lower shelves once or twice, and I think they were put there by someone who managed to take them down and couldn't get them back up where they came from.

Granted, collectors probably tend to be older and taller, but from a sheer volume standpoint, wouldn't having them positioned where your typical 8-12 year old would readily see them help move the product?

Then again, that might make it harder for collectors to find. :roll:

Such is life in the market!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:49 pm

Yes, XD products would sell much better if only WM put them on the lower shelves. There's still alot of red nosed ME-109Gs in my area simply because they are way too high to ever get noticed.

Timbo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Timbo » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:13 pm

Put an item within reach and people will touch it, tear it, open it, smash it, steal parts from it etc... How many times have you come across an item you've wanted only to find that it's been torn open or broken? Of course the downside to having them up high is that since no one actually works at Wal-Mart, you'll never find anyone to get one down for you.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:16 pm

Visited several local WM's today and all had a bunch of BOB S2 figures!!! They are coming in droves now!!!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:25 pm

Timbo wrote:Put an item within reach and people will touch it, tear it, open it, smash it, steal parts from it etc... How many times have you come across an item you've wanted only to find that it's been torn open or broken? Of course the downside to having them up high is that since no one actually works at Wal-Mart, you'll never find anyone to get one down for you.
Agreed, and I've seen lots of XD pieces that have met that fate, from 1:18 F-104s (those seemed to have a tendency towards box breaking) to any number of 32x vehicles.

Now, as for getting help, when I can't find an employee and there's something I really want way up high, I have "borrowed" the store ladder from a few aisles down as it really beat standing in a shoping cart 8)

pokeyjtc
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pokeyjtc » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:59 pm

Now, as for getting help, when I can't find an employee and there's something I really want way up high, I have "borrowed" the store ladder from a few aisles down as it really beat standing in a shoping cart
Yes, it is no fun to try to convince your girlfriend to hold the shopping cart while you stand in it try to look at things on the top shelf. I have since borrowed the store ladder to get what I want. I did get yelled at by a WM employee once for using their ladder. I was standing on it, toys in hand, when she told me to get down. I asked her if she would rather dig through boxes and show them to me, one by one. She just turned around and walked away. I think that decision worked out best for both of us. :lol:

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:52 pm

Timbo wrote:Put an item within reach and people will touch it, tear it, open it, smash it, steal parts from it etc... How many times have you come across an item you've wanted only to find that it's been torn open or broken? Of course the downside to having them up high is that since no one actually works at Wal-Mart, you'll never find anyone to get one down for you.
And How! :lol:

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:48 pm

I went to Wal-Mart a few weeks ago looking for the P-51 "Ridge Runner". I found a stack of five of them way up on the top shelf. I walked around awhile looking for someone to help me. After no luck with that, I saw a nice blue ladder on the next isle. I helped myself and picked the best of the Mustang models. I am just glad I found a ladder. :D
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

kimtheredxd
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by kimtheredxd » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:59 pm

I love my hummer great fun to run it around outside.
Could not think of anything to put here.