POST ALL BBI TARGET/TRU ETC FINDS HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
digger
Officer - Brigadier General

new Super Humvee

Post by digger » Mon May 15, 2006 8:44 am

Hey guys, could we clear up if the "camo" humvee that was spotted is an S2 of the Super Humvee? That would make sense but we have not had a solid report on that. If so what figure does it come with? Thanks!

This suggests an S2 version but you never know with Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... nce&s=toys

I also bet the Kiowa Amazon is selling is the new one with the old photos, but who knows.

Birddog

Re: new Super Humvee

Post by Birddog » Mon May 15, 2006 10:11 am

digger wrote:Hey guys, could we clear up if the "camo" humvee that was spotted is an S2 of the Super Humvee? That would make sense but we have not had a solid report on that. If so what figure does it come with? Thanks!

This suggests an S2 version but you never know with Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... nce&s=toys

I also bet the Kiowa Amazon is selling is the new one with the old photos, but who knows.
I've been seeing new stock of bbi's Woodland Camo "Turtle" Humvee (S1 Version) that has been out before. It comes with the figure that has the old articulation and same mold as the Marine Force/Support Weapons figures. I haven't seen a Woodland Camo version of the Super Humvee.

Hope this helps... :D

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Mon May 15, 2006 1:38 pm

A woodland camo super humvee would be very good to see. We've seen a repainted Kiowa so it's not impossible.

shadow83
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by shadow83 » Tue May 16, 2006 5:39 pm

Hey guys,i'm new here and I did a little recon in my area and found at the totowa,nj TRU the new black kiowas(about 15) and at the wayne,nj TRU they had the new special forces figures and a few old crows.Still havent seen the new paras or weapons though.

digger

cool

Post by digger » Tue May 16, 2006 5:58 pm

Shadow,
Welcome and damn fine recon :D Glad to hear those guys are at least in the NE...
Btw, if you want to pick the Spec Ops guys up and trade them I would gladly make it worth your time. :wink:

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Tue May 16, 2006 7:09 pm

Shadow,
I have some of the new modern Airborne guys if you want to trade for the new Spec Ops guys.
Email me: [email protected] and let me know if you can get some of the new figures.
I too will make it worth your time and effort! :D
Thanks!
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Wed May 17, 2006 1:20 pm

Snagged all six of the new modern figures today, at the TRU in Greece (suburban Rochester). Yeee-hah!!!

mwanz
Corporal
Corporal

Chicago recon

Post by mwanz » Thu May 18, 2006 2:33 pm

Bloomingdale TRU has lots of new corsairs, new airborne, all WWII figures; some original series figures; tanks... No spec ops or new Kiowa or Old Crow.
Currenly reading: "Armegeddon" by Max Hastings

parrish333
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

New Kiowas

Post by parrish333 » Thu May 18, 2006 4:25 pm

I found the new Kiowas for the first time today. They look pretty slick in black! Though the pilot is in tan instead of the former dark green.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri May 19, 2006 7:39 pm

Well, I finally get to post a positive BBI report for my area. I was out and about and thought I'd drop by a TRU, and lo and behold, there were the new modern figures :D :D I walked out with a bunch and they are the best modern figures yet. BBI outdid themselves with their earlier Seal, Sniper, and pilot figures. My favorites are the Sniper and the Navy Seal Combat diver. The Night Stalker (?) is also a neat figure with the helmet and the communications gear. The Night Stalker figures fit in the 21c Supercobra and can be squeezed into the BBI helos as well, though all around they were a tight fit. I know they're not supposed to be pilots exactly, just they look pretty cool and have the great articulation and helmets!

They also had the new Corsairs, "Old Crow" P-51s, black Kiowas, and cammo Hummers. The P-51 and Corsair looked awesome in person - too bad I already have too many repaints of both aircraft types... These are the first new BBI figures I've seen at any of the two TRUs in my area since the S1 WWII Paratroopers came out. The stores in my area never got the S2 WWII infantry. Thus, I am rather excited!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Sat May 20, 2006 10:22 am

Well It`s Fantastic to hear the new stuf is more & more readily available :D

The idea of a woodland Super Humvee is rather appealing too :D

Ja
Steel Bonnet

mwanz
Corporal
Corporal

Post by mwanz » Sat May 20, 2006 3:20 pm

Just got my complete set of the new series figures...

All I can say is, folks, these are the best yet. Absoluetly incredible quality... Here's some details..

Army Sniper: comes with a Ghille suit (removable) and has a tilting head for more realistic positioning in prone. You have to see it to believe the detail on the M21 rifle.

Spec Ops (aka DEVGRU): exceptionally detailed. He has a tribal tatttoo on his arm. His torso and legs unplug to put the Night Vision kit on.

SEAL: completely rescuplted scuba kit.

SOAR: this is really the most interesting one: he comes with a laptop, GPS

All of the head sculpts are completely new and --except for the hand guns-- pretty much all of the accessories are never seen before.

Good luck picking em up: they appear to be easier to get now. ENJOY.

MW

digger

new guys

Post by digger » Sun May 21, 2006 6:17 am

Thanks Matt - I didn't think I could be any more anxious to get these guys but you have succeeded. I am psyched to not only play, er "display" these guys out of package but also to bash a few. I'm hoping with the easy swap of bbi limbs/torsos/heads I could get a great bunch of modern Spec Ops guys, and even some regulars by mixing in the SuperHumvee driver.

What did you mean the "torso and legs unplug to put the Night Vision kit on"?

These guys really have me amped. :D Might have to beat a dead horse over in the BST forum.. 8)

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Sun May 21, 2006 7:44 am

COME ON help us guys those lucky enough to get them in there AO We want them too :D

Please help :D

Look digger is almost ready to trade his home & family,I & fellow Brit`s will trade the Royal Crown jewels for a couple of cases of the Spec Ops ONLY figures HAHAHAHA Hell I`ll hand deliver Prince Charles Ears on a Silver Plater if you can transport several cases of SpecOps figures to the UK :D LOL

Ja
Steel Bonnet

mwanz
Corporal
Corporal

Post by mwanz » Sun May 21, 2006 8:01 am

The DEVGRU (and possibly the others) snap apart at the hip (basically two parts). I think this is identical to the Paratroopers but makes bashing very easy.

I made the mistake of thinking the night vison belt came apart (like previous BBI figures)... Whoops. I broke it.

So, don't attempt to unsnap it... Just take the torso off and slip over the hips & replace. Same instructions go for the Navy Seal and his SCUBA kit.

Interesting enough I was suprised to see an M203 on an AK47. If anyone could rig it I suppose a seal could, but I was under the impression that they'd use the standard Warsaw Pact version (gp-30) ... http://www.metalcraftbyblair.com/images ... jpg350x160

The link is for a 1/6 scale version, NOT the one included.

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Sun May 21, 2006 8:18 am

Yea that 1/6th version is OFF a BBI Scar figure they did (If memory serves me) so no surprise they shrunk it :D

Must admit It would be nice to see some SR-47s :D M4s which have been re chambered & magwell for AK 47s. After all in ENEMY territory best to use there ammo that be stuck waiting for resupplies :D

May have to do some myself methinks :D

ja
Steel Bonnet

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun May 21, 2006 9:36 am

very interesting review of the figures. The head tilt on the sniper is great. I do want to get a couple of them. :)
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Warthog75
Corporal
Corporal

Thanks for the info, Mwanz

Post by Warthog75 » Sun May 21, 2006 11:48 am

I wish you had gotten your figures before I did...because I broke the belt on the accessory chute for one of the modern paratrooeprs trying to get his pack on and then after that, I broke the belt for the rebreather apparatus on the Navy SEAL diver. Damn, the torso snaps off -- genius! I wish I had figured that out.

Thanks again!

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Sun May 21, 2006 3:33 pm

Overall, I agree that these new figures are great! The positives far outweigh the negatives. I can't seem to make the sniper's head tilt back much, and some of the figures lack wrist or upper arm articulation, but I can live with these minor shortcomings. It's a very interesting variety, actually. I'm still trying to decide which one I like the most.

tderespino
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

bored with the board??

Post by tderespino » Sun May 21, 2006 7:14 pm

Hey guy's somehow the new BBI modern figures slipped by me,, does anyone have a link or pic's of all??? Are there 6 new fig's??

I saw 2 Modern paras on Foxhole but they were sold out....

tomd

tmanthegreat

Re: bored with the board??

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun May 21, 2006 7:47 pm

tderespino wrote:Hey guy's somehow the new BBI modern figures slipped by me,, does anyone have a link or pic's of all??? Are there 6 new fig's??

I saw 2 Modern paras on Foxhole but they were sold out....

tomd
Boardmember Markecho posted some pretty good pictures of the packaged figures at the top of page 16 of this thread :D
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

tderespino
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

wow

Post by tderespino » Sun May 21, 2006 8:07 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:

how did I miss these????

time for a little TRU recon/roadtrip

thank's Tman

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Mon May 22, 2006 2:00 am

I found the new moderns and their 2 WW2 figure pack-in casemates here the other day... Pretty nice overall though some flaws I thought. Some of them seemed kind of silly too by my estimation.

-US Sniper... Great figure I think, but a little comical without the back and helmet on for his suit. The arms and legs with the Guille suit foliage look a little funny is all. It'd be really cool if all of it snapped off the figure.

It's a little tough to get him to hold the rifles in good sniping poses too, but not terribly hard to do so. Just takes a little patience.

-SEAL... Love this figure and to me it's probably the best of the new waves. I love the way BBI listened to the fans on having the legs "apart" in a more natural pose. Their first runs of figures looked good, but then they had those akwardly sculpted Marines with the narrow leg stance. It's good to see BBI heard what the complaints were though.

The one gripe I have with the SEAL is the way the diving vest doesn't line up to the figure's mouth well at all. I think with some custom work I can get it to fit the figure better, it just doesn't line up right out of the package though that I can tell.

-NightStalker... This figure's a strange choice to me. I don't really get its inclusion, but it's got a lot of nice gear, great sculpting... I have one major gripe about this figure though and it's the kind of thing that's simply inexcuseable to me considering it really limits the figure's poseability. I speak of course of his lacking wrist articulation. Can't hold a gun properly... Just not a good thing, especially from a company that has kicked so much articulation rump... And on top of it all, the figure's wearing gloves so it's not like the point of articulation at the wrists isn't hidden anyway. It's very disappointing to see this corner cut... Hell, BBI even has gloved hands sculpted... It's not like they'd need a new mold tooling for them, so just use old ones from past figures and I'm happy with that myself.

-Spec. Forces... The Spec. Forces guy is really great in a lot of ways, but it also is the figure that, to me, has the most flaws... His lack of a removable hat first off bothers me. I think BBI's better than that, and to be honest I'd have bought a few head variants of this figure I think, had they not cut the corners they did on it. The cap really should be removable though to me. That's a standard already set, so they should've met it on this one.

The arms are going to be ugly irregardless for articulation purposes, so to me the next big gripe I have is (again) the lack of wrist articulation. It really hampers the figure's ability to hold his rifle realisticially... Granted wrist joints won't look pretty, but do those hideous elbow joints? Yeah, they're just as ugly if not worse, so really the wrist joints missing on this figure kind of sucks.

Beyond that, I still like at least two of these figures a lot, and the others are decent... Just need some work. A little custom articulating the hands and they'll be a lot better to me.

BTW the two WW2 figures... Fantastic. :) Short of them having straps on their backpacks so you can drop their packs without having the unsightly holes in their backs and the phantom shoulder strraps for nothing, these are really perfect figures to me... Mine both hold their weapons pretty well, and 21st's figures don't come close to the poses you can get wtih BBI's WW2 figures. I can't wait to get more of these, they're worth every $.01 I paid.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

digger

Post by digger » Mon May 22, 2006 5:23 am

BTW the two WW2 figures... Fantastic...they're worth every $.01 I paid.
Man, I was trying to tell you! :D
Sorry to hear about the few shortcuts on the new modern guys but they still have my interest peaked. I guess it's good they have some shortcomings; I may actually see some on the pegs one day before Joe and [you] SW nuts clean them out to use the hat, shades, ghillie suit and gear for fodder. :P :wink:
Hopefully bbi uses the knew helmets/weapons/camos to give us a run of modern "regulars" and this is just the tip of the iceberg for figs. 8) And anymore WWII would be God sent. :D

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Mon May 22, 2006 10:16 am

Jesse James, your comments are right on target! I ended up liking the SEAL best also. I had expected my top pick to be the Special Forces guy, but between his non-removable hat and his lack of wrist articulation he's not a figure I'll want multiples of. If it didn't have those flaws I'd want at least 4.