Question about 21st century Navy SEAL Mutt

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Loki
Corporal
Corporal

Question about 21st century Navy SEAL Mutt

Post by Loki » Mon May 08, 2006 3:19 pm

I've seen boxed pics of this set and see it comes with the 'Nam SEAL figure, does it include all of his assessories, the various pouches and Stoner MG ? And overall for anyone who has it, is it worth getting ?

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon May 08, 2006 3:43 pm

I have this vehicle. The Seal figure comes with all the same accessories (pouches, canteens, gun) that the carded figure came with. The vehicle itself, while a little odd, comes with a decent amount of accessories, including the two M-60 MGs and a Stinger missile launcher.

I am uncertain as to whether this vehicle is supposed to represent something from the Vietnam era (as it is a Mutt and has the VN Seal figure) or if its supposed to be some sort of modern concoction. Still, its the only "Vietnam" ground vehicle currently avaliable outside of ebay :D
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

tderespino
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

??

Post by tderespino » Mon May 08, 2006 8:04 pm

I bought my 2 when they first came out and the figure did not have the Stoner.. there were 2 m60's and some Law rockets

Can anyone else chime in... did I get jipped?????

digger

seal mutt

Post by digger » Mon May 08, 2006 8:56 pm

Yes TD, you got jipped. I am 100% certain it comes with a Stoner. The only difference is the carded version of the Stoner has a removable drum while the other does not (or is it the other way around?). Anyway the VN SEAL is spot-on accurate. I have a pic that the figure is clearly based on, right down to the weapon.

The NSTV however is a modern vehicle - there are pics out there that have been posted before. Remember the M2 originally came with a VN tanker - so the mismatch was sort of standard with that wave of vehicles.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon May 08, 2006 9:23 pm

Either way, the vehicle does look good with a XD Seal figure in the driver's seat and another (I had an extra) standing in the bed with the M-60. Add in a few B-A-R ammo cans and a crate or two and the vehicle looks pretty darn good!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Loki
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Loki » Tue May 09, 2006 2:02 pm

I figured it was a modern vehicle because the 1/6th version came out first as part of the modern line, I think it was even refered to as the Ranger super jeep for a while before its release. I just wanted to know if the SEAL figure was complete because with the Platoon stuff on the way later this year it would be nice to get some of the original 'Nam figures again (had them all and sold them on ebay years ago) and with the price they go for now this seemed like a cheap way to get the SEAL plus a cool vehicle to throw some of the new BBI special ops guys in. My guess as to why 21st put the 'Nam SEAL with it, is he's the only 1/18th SEAL they ever made.