POST ALL BBI TARGET/TRU ETC FINDS HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
markecho
Sergeant
Sergeant

got some more pics...

Post by markecho » Fri May 05, 2006 8:11 pm

..was able to snap a few at TRU
It is the dang toy companies that have sometimes made me want to stop collecting toys!!!

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri May 05, 2006 10:40 pm

Wow :shock:

Those are some of the most awesome modern figures I've ever seen. BBI outdid themselves!

Now if only the TRUs in my area would get these! They only had a bunch of the older Marine figures when I was last there :?
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

digger

figs

Post by digger » Sat May 06, 2006 4:42 am

Thanks Markecho!
As Tman said they look really nice. Both Sniper rifles look brand new. :D The DEVGRU guy is really sweet too imo. Because bbi arms are removable that guy is going to be great to have extras of. 8) His weapon is awesome as well. :shock:
Have to say we got our wish from bbi - we asked for Modern figures and we got them and I think they did a great job. Very much like the Zero our prayers were answered by them so they get a big thumbs up from my side of the peanut gallery. :P

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat May 06, 2006 5:42 am

wow.....those do look great. I especially like the sniper with his ghillie suit. First rate. Love to see some out of package pics.

Of course they're not available in canada so i will have to do without. :x
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

don
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by don » Sat May 06, 2006 11:36 am

God, I hope to see some new weapons sets from BBI now! It looks to me that all four of these SpecOps guys primary weapons are new sculpts. The DevGru AK is for sure, as well as both sniper rifles (sweet, 2 guns with one guy!), the HK "9MM Sub-machine gun" that comes with the SEAL is a new sculpt; nice too, sweet forward hand grip and if you enlarge the photo it looks like there might be a flashlight mounted on the near side of the weapon? The SAW with the SOAR guy looks new as well, I say this because it looks like it has a different scope and I can't quite tell in the photo, but looks like Picatinny rails?
Add these to the new M4 and M-60E that come with the paras and you have a great weapons pack, then add the new laptop computer, GPS, new silenced 9mm pistol, new modern helmet design (come on BBI put the helmets in a weapons pack!!!!) and I'll buy 4 to 6 (maybe more) sets. Even at the new higher price point. Hell I must have bought 4 or 5 of each of their previous weapons sets.
Thanks for the photos Markecho! You rock!
Now if only they will finish reconstruction and open that TRU Baghdad (sarcasm).

don
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by don » Sat May 06, 2006 11:48 am

Also, Digger mentioned the arms being removable for customs. Those new paratrooper arms, heads, waist and legs (something might have to be done to conceal the straps on the legs), would look pretty good mounted on a previous BBI sculpt chest in order to give them body armor and a chest rig...

SGT. Saunders
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. Saunders » Sat May 06, 2006 12:37 pm

Hi Guys

Long time no talk! (on my part). ManOman those pics of the new Modern Paratrooper look great! thank you Bravo_26, When are those babies coming in? are they going to be part of a set with the other Modern figures? just need to now the date of when they will be in store.

Thanks
SGT. Saunders
There's only one way out of HELL! and that's through it!!

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Sat May 06, 2006 2:50 pm

went to Lynchburg TRU only thing there was 5 1/18 BBi paras.no tanks or planes at all
is TRU going out of business on east coast? no new stuff at any i've been to. :roll:
but it bodes well for online etailers :wink:

Bravo_26
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Bravo_26 » Sat May 06, 2006 3:05 pm

Hi Sgt Saunders!

Our set of new Modern paras will come in Tuesday the 9th & consist of 4 to a case (2 each) with 8 WWII paras (2 each of older figs).

Some spotty ToysRus' around the country are receiving them now.

The NEW Spec Ops guys are a TRU exclusive, however we are trying to get some from Hong Kong where they are being distributed directly to TRU. The same goes for the newest weapons packs.

FYI all...

The reason for only 2 Modern Paras is because bbi says that the WW2 paras didn't sell that well. This is understandable due to the permenantly attached harnesses.

Again though, as Don mentioned all of the Paras (modern & ww2) are great for swapping heads, arms, helmets, weapons, etc!!!! We LOVE THEM ALL!!!

Cheers!
Bravo two-six
www.foxholetoys.com
"Dive in!"

digger

huh?

Post by digger » Sat May 06, 2006 4:20 pm

The reason for only 2 Modern Paras is because bbi says that the WW2 paras didn't sell that well. This is understandable due to the permenantly attached harnesses.
Exactly why it is absolutey moronic to fill the case with 70% WW2 paras which allegedly didn't sell that well. Why not 8 new 4 old? Why not NO old and cases of 12 new (and just make fewer cases)?

"Yea, these figures didn't sell that great so run off another few thousand and flood the pegs. The odd case assortment should also make the new guys tough to carry for online dealers as they already have a ton of the guys that didn't sell that well." :roll:

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat May 06, 2006 4:34 pm

i don't think it's a case of 'running off' a few thousand more wwii paras; i think it's a case of bbi being stuck with a whole bunch of wwii paras that no one will order and to try to move some of them they are putting them in with the new modern paras.

If a retailer wants the new paras to sell they'll have to take some wwii ones as well...

digger

?

Post by digger » Sat May 06, 2006 4:51 pm

So you think there were a few thousand carded WWII paras in a warehouse somewhere? Maybe, never considered that. I thought these companies took great care not to produce more than they could ship out of country. Maybe not.

I think the plan might have backfired - SmallJoes is just one retailer that said they plan to pass. It would have been a lot easier to swallow each case if it were 50/50. As it stands now it is almost rude. And I hate to think what the TRU pegs are going to look like after the 4 of 12 are snatched up. :?

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat May 06, 2006 5:43 pm

i don't disagree...it seems to me that in this case bbi is trying to correct one mistake (making six different paras without removable harnesses...one would have sufficed) with another (over-packing cases of new modern paras with the old ones in an effort to move them). I forsee TRU pegs being choked with the old paras and as a result they won't order any of the new ones, so bbi will get stuck with those as well.

However, there may be more going on here then we realize...bbi has been in business a long time, i'm sure they must know what they are doing.

digger

Post by digger » Sat May 06, 2006 7:02 pm

However, there may be more going on here then we realize...bbi has been in business a long time, i'm sure they must know what they are doing.
Can't argue with that. And with how awesome the product has gotten I always feel like "Thank you sir may I have another!"

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Sat May 06, 2006 7:06 pm

WOW those figs just blow me away i really like them and all their new gear just rocks. i thoughtt we might see some reissue stuff but it all looks new to me :) i hope the box breakdown improves too perhaps they could do a different box breakdown for the second wave. I would agree with you guys that the two modern guys will be taken of the shelves as soon as the box is opened leaving the old WWII guys on there which means that they wont be re ordered and they will appear a flop when infact they have been a success.

Anyway i hope that the box breakdown can be corrected and that we will see more new stuff soon!!! :D

SGT. Saunders
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. Saunders » Sat May 06, 2006 7:54 pm

Hi Guys

Let me get this right the spec-ops figures is a TRU exclusive
or is it all 4 Modern figures in the pics at the above are TRU exclusive?
If it's all 4 then it's going to be fun for myself and the other guys that live in Canada. TRU Canada don't carry BBI figures!

Bravo_26 sent you a PM.

SGT. Saunders

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sat May 06, 2006 7:59 pm

On top of all of the box ratio, the figures cost 7.99 each!
I would have paid 6.99-7.99 for the WWII figures with all their gear and guns, but I don't want the parachutes- and yet BBI charges me 2.00 bucks more for the chutes!!! :x
Guess it could be a way to correct the mistakes of the past by getting a little extra for the new figs?

Is anyone interested in the the 2 new modern Paratroopers? I posted a message in the trade section, but only one person responded. If you are interested, email me: [email protected]
If not, I am taking back the extra Brookes and Fergusons back to TRU...
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Sun May 07, 2006 3:55 am

AWWWW WOW There FANTASTIC :D Truely Fantastic :D

I want them ALL & multi of them too :D

It`s GREAT to see BBI spoil us with New figures that have there own identity & LOTS of NEW KIT :D

Ja
Steel Bonnet

digger

new guys..

Post by digger » Sun May 07, 2006 5:22 am

SGT. Saunders wrote:Hi Guys

Let me get this right the spec-ops figures is a TRU exclusive
or is it all 4 Modern figures in the pics at the above are TRU exclusive?
If it's all 4 then it's going to be fun for myself and the other guys that live in Canada. TRU Canada don't carry BBI figures!

SGT. Saunders
Sarge - the four pictured above are the TRU exclusives. Like the WWII Infantry at first were - and just like them we are hoping they eventually get to small retailers (thank you Bravo26 for pushing this). The modern paras are already showing up at the small retailers.
If the TRU distribution is decent on these then you, Andrew and others that live up North need not worry - I plan to clean them out at first sight and I could surely send some your way. Now to find them...

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun May 07, 2006 5:33 am

all 4 are exclusives? I thought it was just the spec ops guy (the guy with the beard).

Bah. :x
Last edited by aferguson on Sun May 07, 2006 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Sun May 07, 2006 5:47 am

Well if anyone is lucky to get a TrUs stock these 4 please remember me & ScopeUK as well as Don & whom ever else is in a area they will NOT see them.

ja
Steel Bonnet

don
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by don » Sun May 07, 2006 7:05 am

aferguson wrote:all 4 are exclusives? I thought it was just the spec ops guy (the guy with the beard)
I thought SpecOps in the description of these figures implied all 4 of them. The bearded guy's package actually refers to him as Special Ops, and some here have been referring to him as DevGru (a member of the Navy Special Warfare Development Group) but the other three; a Ranger Sniper, a Navy SEAL and a Night Stalker (160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment) are all from the Special Operations community and would fit the SpecOps description.
There may have been some ambiguity in our discussion here. Sorry for the confusion.

SGT. Saunders
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. Saunders » Sun May 07, 2006 10:58 am

Hi Guys

Thanks Digger, if you find some Im putting in my order! Call me dumb put y only at TRU? would it not be better for BBI to cover all.

SGT. Saunders

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Sun May 07, 2006 9:28 pm

Wow! How did I miss these guys? They look pretty cool.

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

mwanz
Corporal
Corporal

Need some recon!

Post by mwanz » Mon May 08, 2006 3:03 pm

Anyone seen these new modern soldiers outside of California? Need some recon for midwest TRU!
Currenly reading: "Armegeddon" by Max Hastings